Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Glasses thread.

Rides

The Glasses thread.

So how many people on here wear glasses?

I've just picked up my first pair today, my prescription went down enough for me to need them for driving mainly, i'm short sighted.

Rides
    I have some, they're new to me - although apparently I should probably always have had them. Turns out not going to the optician, so not knowing you need them isn't actually much of an excuse.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I have some, they're new to me - although apparently I should probably always have had them. Turns out not going to the optician, so not knowing you need them isn't actually much of an excuse.
    Bad eyes run in my family, and at 25 apparently i've lasted the longest without needing glasses for 2 generations lol. So i've been seeing my eyes get worse over the last few visits and tbh i should of picked some last time but i was borderline so said no.

Rides
    I went in for the first time since primary school I think (now 31) and found out I have 1.75 in one eye and I think 3 or something in the other, but one is long and one is short, so I think I was just compensating somehow so it wasn't too bad - certainly I wasn't bumping into things.

I did buy the glasses I wanted, and now find they're a little heavy, which is annoying for sports, so I may have to splurge again on more, which I really dont want to do

Rides
    I've worn glasses since I was in school, -2 & -1.75 so need the the whole time.

I always hated them so I've been wearing contacts the past 18 months and am very happy with them. Day to day they are much nicer to live with, and for the likes of sports or trackdays you honestly can't beat them.

I will get laser eye at some point but until then, it's contacts all the way.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    In club gegglepot for 20 years now. For a stigmatism so my sight is okay-ish without them but I do get headaches sans glass. Due some new frames soon. Looked the other day and 'decisions decisions' set in immediately

Rides
    I only use mine for night driving really, or for example at at the weekender when I've had a few too many beers lol.
    Mild prescription like 0.25 or something, short sighted

Rides
    I have had them for 5yrs. Only found out when I started using a computer more at work and suffered tiredness and headaches, I have a blank in one side and only 0.25 in the other and some stigmatism correction, but it makes a big difference to headaches when using screens.

I have Oakley club face and they are excellent, comfy and we'll made. Mrs has nothing but Oakley too and the rx range isn't too badly priced at vision express

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Sph Cly Axis
    Right
    -2.75 +2.75 82.5
    Left
    -1.25 +1.75 90

That was mine, whatever that means.

Rides
    RayBan Wayfarers here.

Only a mild prescription, mainly use them for reading.

One thing I found, Supermarket opticians seem to use cheap lenses, I first had some from Tesco, never wore them as they made me feel nauseous, Wayfarers I got from an independent optician and they are much better

Rides
    Contact lenses FTMFW (mainly because glasses are a royal pain in the arse on a motorcycle)

-1.75 and -1.5 here
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Worn them since high school, worn contact lenses for last 6 year soooo much better! -2.75 in both eyes

Rides
    Been in spec's since 4yrs old. They're a big part of what makes me, er... Me!
    I have a severe squint in one eye which is the he main reason for corrective lenses, and very slight longsight in the other eye.

Due to the squint the prescription for each lens is wildly different - squinty eye has a very particular curvature to counter the squint and as such contact lenses have never been an option for me - they simply can't do what I need!

Currently wearing Porsche design titanium half rims. Hugely expensive but I've never owned frames of such high build quality, strength and lightness. My special order lens isn't cheap either and having tried high street chain opticians who I've not been pleased with I use a local high-end independent optician who've had my sole custom since my early 20's.

Rides
    A good way to save money we found on my Mrs work specs (looks after disabled children and regularly get specs accidently knocked off, so doesn't like risking the "best pair") is to order oakley frames from USA via ebay for about 1/3 of the cost over here then get specsavers to glaze them (vision express and others won't touch other people's frames)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    -1 in both eyes for the last thirty years, no change.

When I had a bike, I couldn't get on with Arais but I could wear my glasses with a Shoei helmet comfortably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Rides
    -6 left and -4.5 right
    Officially steve wonder, all those years of hard ****ing and working on computers (some correlation there i think)

Without my contact lenses i really shouldnt be out on my own.

Rides
    I'm only -0.5 in my left and -0.75 in the right, but i've worn them for the whole day today and it took a bit of getting used too but anything more than 2m away was perfectly clear and driving was so much more comfortable. Also got a decent reaction from work mates which always helps, nothing like a confidence knock if you get the piss ripped all day!

Rides
    i have had mine since i was 4 so after 16 years i cant notice i am wearing them half the time, just something you get used to i guess, tho my eyes have improved and not gotten worse, i was told i wouldn't be able to drive when i first got them even with the glasses as it was that bad and i cant imagine not driving!

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Had Laser eye surgery 6 years ago, best thing I ever did. Any money you're thinking of spending modifying your car spend it on surgery instead.

Rides
    Starting to piss me off already after a week and a half lol. Not hugely comfortable at work which is annoying as i've noticed a major difference with my eyes not feeling so tired whilst i'm at work. I've got a 50% voucher from specsavers so might try and find a lighter pair.