Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Rides
    I went with the HTC One X as it has the best screen on the market and that's what you're looking at every time you use a phone. The SIII's screen is good but everything's got a blue tint to it, especially the whites. The One X is also a much better looking phone (imo) made with more premium materials. The SIII looks and feels cheap, especially the blue version.

Rides
    Is it the one x that suffers from screen flicker?

Rides
    What packages are you guys on? I dont use my phone a lot (300 mins, 200 text, 50mb) and cant find a better deal than 24 months for £26 with free ONE X on Orange with 600 mins, 3000 texts and 250mb data.

Rides
    http://phone-shop.tesco.com/mobile-p...&ratingScore=0

I'd go for O2 at £27/month, £50 for the phone..

Rides
    Wirh vodafone 27per month. 900mins unlim tx and 750 data and free s2. This was a few months back. Also get 2gb bt wifi

My mes has 300mins unlimted tx and 250 data for 15pm. With free 9300 curve

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Got me a white one here. Not concerned about the colour tbh

Much improved over my nexus one - so quick and the screen is fantastic. Only got everything transferred over yesterday so still trying to work my way round it.
    Which I got to be the first to play on as the micro sim got activated while it was in my hands Does seem like a very nice phone to use although S Voice didn't work to well in the middle of a party

I am due an upgrade now, but decided to buy a Samsung Captivate Glide from the US last month as I'm a sucker for a qwerty pad. If I did loose or break it though then it would get replaced with one of these atm. I do like the sound of the Korean version with the best of both of the other versions: quad core and 2gb of ram.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I went with the HTC One X as it has the best screen on the market and that's what you're looking at every time you use a phone.
    Funnily enough, I don't have eyes in the side of my head when talking on my phone, so can't see the screen

Personally after last week's news, I'd go with Samsung over HTC any day of the week. The fact that the company is losing money considerably can only get worse after Microsoft have said "No WM8 on HTC"

Rides
    How is everyone getting on with this new S3? I've being waiting for the new iphone to be realised, but i can't be arsed to wait any longer, thinking of getting this instead. Had a play in the shop, it looks awesome.

Rides
    I've had the S3 a week now after upgrading from the HTC Desire HD, and its great. Still playing about with all the cool settings but its very fast and the screen is very crisp.

Rides
    My Desire is starting to die (22 months into 24 month contract), so I need to get an S3 now I think so that I can recycle the Desire before it stops working.

Deals seem to vary massively. I was hoping to move to Tesco Mobile as they use the O2 network (who I'm currently with) but the offers are gash. O2 direct are VERY expensive, however O2 through Tesco (oddly) is well priced. Best deal I can find is this:

http://phone-shop.tesco.com/mobile-p...2-695c317eb59e

300 mins
    unlim texts
    500mb data

£27/month with £50 for phone, and free insurance apparently

The same deal with a free phone is £32/month which is 24*£5 = £120 extra, so it's better paying the £50 upfront on the offer above. I'm not a power user so that's ok I think. For a similar deal, O2 direct want £170 for the phone

My only concern is because I'm cancelling O2 then going back with O2 via Tesco, they won't be able to keep my number which is something I'll never understand.

About to ring O2 retentions, wish me luck...

Rides
    I'm considering this deal next month, but never been with T-Mobile and don't know anyone who has...

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobil...ernet/13732533

Pretty good deal for my needs though, can't see O2 retentions matching it somehow

Rides
    o2 couldn't help me, not surprised.

So I'm going with Tesco, which is back with o2 get free insurance (£75 excess) for duration of contract, and there is no need for PAC code, o2 can switch number instantly nowadays (I'm glad it's moved on from 2 years ago when you couldn't keep your number if getting a new contract with the same network but different company )

I asked o2 why on their offer the phone was £120 more expensive to buy outright, and they didn't really have an answer. It's no issue, o2 has best signal around here so need to stick.

Infinity, there was a rumour of o2 and T-mobile going together I thought, and sharing masts? in which case...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    Infinity, there was a rumour of o2 and T-mobile going together I thought, and sharing masts? in which case...
    I thought it was O2 and Vodafone

Rides
    Yea you might be right, I can't remember

Rides
    T-mobile and orange share there networks.. I've been with t-mobile since they were called one-2-one so that's going back to 1998. I'm on their friends and family now so get my plans all half price

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AshT_200 View Post
    Funnily enough, I don't have eyes in the side of my head when talking on my phone, so can't see the screen

Personally after last week's news, I'd go with Samsung over HTC any day of the week. The fact that the company is losing money considerably can only get worse after Microsoft have said "No WM8 on HTC"
    Making calls is a small part of what people use their phones for today, the majority of the time you're browsing the web, checking social media sites, email, playing games, watching video etc. But you already knew that. You were just being "smart", weren't you.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Making calls is a small part of what people use their phones for today, the majority of the time you're browsing the web, checking social media sites, email, playing games, watching video etc. But you already knew that. You were just being "smart", weren't you.
    LOL Busted

You forgot 2 other things as well.... Paying for items and withdrawing money from cash machine

Rides
    My HTC ONE X has arrived. Great piece of kit. I havent tried a Samsung 3 to compare to the HTC is leaps ahead of my old IPhone 3GS

Rides
    Got the Saph Blue one just last week

Vodafone, £51 a month, 1200 mins, unlimited texts, 2GB download, £99 for the handset.

Got a problem today with s voice, keeps saying "an unexpected server error occurred" :s Any ideas?

I think the phone is hard to use

Rides
    I find the phone I'd virtually identical to my old Google nexus one apart from the ****y auto correct when typing.

Brilliant so far tbh although the current HTC's might be slightly better built using better quality plastics