Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S13 3D printing Thread

Rides

S13 3D printing Thread

As I'm going to be designing and printing a few things for the SX, I thought I'd start a thread about it and collate them...

Rather pleased with this design to sort out the mess that is the AVCR install, and getting rid of the gap around the aftermarket radio... and a snazzy little logo in the corner... Should have this printed and in by the weekend.

RadioFascia.jpg

Anything I do design for the SX will go up for free on Thingiverse when I've tested it so anyone can download for free. If anyone wants me to print stuff for them, I'll do it for cost of materials, provided I have time (some prints take many hours).

Rides
    Radio/AVCR/USB fascia now available on Thingiverse
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4201518

370Z custom button
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4201621

All my things are available for free with a non-commercial license. Contact me if you want one printed, or modified and printed. It should cost no more than £10 + postage - anyone charging significantly more is probably in violation of this license.

Reserving this post for future designs.
    Last edited by stoofer; 04-03-2020 at 21:00. Reason: Added a thing

Rides
    someone was making a cup holder that replaced the ash-tray which I thought was a snazzy idea.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    someone was making a cup holder that replaced the ash-tray which I thought was a snazzy idea.
    On my list We've just had a yellow vest stuffed in the gap where our ash tray used to be since the S13 went to Spa some... many... years ago

Rides
    if your printer is good it would be worth making R32 heater vents, as you would sell a lot.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Monkey is doing this for a living these days I believe, might be worth dropping him a line
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I'd love extended mounts to raise the standard spoiler about 40mm more of the deck lid, for a s14a though

Rides
    Thanks for comments. I'm not looking to make any money, this is definitely a hobby, I just want to share what I do design. My printer is a Prusa i3 Mk3S/MMU2S so it's pretty good, without being "pro", and I can print off several colours or materials in one print (hence the SXOC logo on that first post is going to be red/white and printed thin with an LED behind so it'll have a bit of glow.)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    I'd love extended mounts to raise the standard spoiler about 40mm more of the deck lid, for a s14a though
    I don't have a 14a so I'm not going to take this on whilst the queue of stuff I need for myself is so long, sorry.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stoofer View Post
    I don't have a 14a so I'm not going to take this on whilst the queue of stuff I need for myself is so long, sorry.
    Ok mate no worries

Rides
    fasciaLEDtest.jpg

Testing the diffusing of LEDs to light the SXOC logo. Pretty much exactly what I was after!

Rides
    cupholdercubby.jpg

Tricky WIP model here. Had considered a cupholder ashtray, but there's only room for 1 cup there so doesn't satisfy our needs.

Had considered getting the JDM cup holder armrest, but wow, expensive (if you can find it), so I'm designing a lid replacement with holders... Test print all functionally works (lines up right, hinge is good) but was a little off for dimensions. Not far off, though... hopefully not many iterations needed as it's a long print...

Rides
    cupholdercubby.jpg

Tricky WIP model here. Had considered a cupholder ashtray, but there's only room for 1 cup there so doesn't satisfy our needs.

Had considered getting the JDM cup holder armrest, but wow, expensive (if you can find it), so I'm designing a lid replacement with holders... Test print all functionally works (lines up right, hinge is good) but was a little off for dimensions. Not far off, though... hopefully not many iterations needed as it's a long print...
    I would be very interested in one of these if you can do them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pea View Post
    I would be very interested in one of these if you can do them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Thanks

I'll be able to print a few off, sure (there are 4 parts, Hinge, Latch - although the OEM latch fits and can be reused -, Arm and Armrest itself so each print takes a long time). Functionally it all works now, it just doesn't line up quite right yet with the compound curves needing a bit of iteration.

Rides
    I can vouch for the quality of the design and items.

Stoofer made me a switch for my Z34 that illuminates when turned on and it is real quality

These are from Stoofer sad I have yet to fit it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks Ash, it was a fun little project

Here's my fascia in-place:

featured_preview_IMG_0257[1.JPG

Rides
    Thanks Ash, it was a fun little project

Here's my fascia in-place:

featured_preview_IMG_0257[1.JPG
    That looks incredibly tidy! Once I stop putting money into my defender and back into the Nissan I might have to get this! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks Pleased with it. Started off as a DIN surround just to get rid of the "gap" on aftermarket head units on the S13 and then decided to tidy up the car a bit, then ended up with a backlit logo

Rides
    Are they integrated USB ports or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks Pleased with it. Started off as a DIN surround just to get rid of the "gap" on aftermarket head units on the S13 and then decided to tidy up the car a bit, then ended up with a backlit logo
    Even if there was a top or bottom blank plate I would be keen as I only run a single din and nothing else in there

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk