Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So long, and thanks for all the fish ..........

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides

So long, and thanks for all the fish ..........

So you’ve probably guessed from the title what this is all about – don’t worry, Ill keep it short as I don’t like a long goodbye

Ive decided its time to hang up my Chairman’s hat after a good few years in the hot seat, this is mainly due to me simply not having the time to commit. The 200SX and the SXOC will always be close to my heart but as well as trying to run a business while in the UK Im spending roughly a quarter of my time overseas at the moment and I just cant give the club the time it deserves.

As with many clubs we have seen a reduction in board use as people move to other forms of social media, but SXOC is still the worlds leading resource for technical information on the cars and their engines (and quite a lot of other cars too!) and is still IMO the best community of any car club, forum or website out there.
    I know a lot of us have made friends for life and Ive no doubt there will be more lifelong friendships yet to be made, weddings to go to and Christmas parties to get smashed at

Before anyone reaches for the antidepressants Im not disappearing, Ill still be acting as club treasurer, Ill still be keeping the van up here and Ill still be on hand to offer any advice or guidance that I can – Ill also keep a close eye on the website, blog and FB pages, if Im honest I have a feeling we will see a resurgence of interest in SXOC and car clubs in general over the next few years as the next generation of owners come of age, and I can guarantee you that there will always be a bit of me checking For Sale ads and trying to figure out where I could put another car ........

Enough rambling, all it remains to say is thank you for the laughs, rows but mainly the support over the years Ive been in charge and heres to the future, whatever it may hold - if I don’t see you before Ill catch you at this years Weekender which promises to be a rather awesome event
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Docwra...you cnut!

Only kidding, myself and everyone here would be sad to see you actually leave the club, I'm glad to hear you'll still be around.

Just one thing?

Don't put another cnut in charge

Rides
    Bugger, although to be fair I know you generally have a fairly busy time of it in Easyjet check in lines and what not

Thanks for all the hours you've poured in over the years Doc

Rides
    Hang on..... when did you become chairman.. just playing.

Glad you will still be around.
    Hope all goes well for you and as treasurer you can fix things so I win Xmas raffles etc.

Enjoy

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers for everything boss
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    You done a good job mate

Rides
    There's so much I could say about Doc's reign as chairman, but if you can't say anything nice...

You're not going anywhere really so won't be missed. Just shirking your responsibility is all

See you at Le Mans you massive fist.

Rides
    As Ben says, you've done a top job. We should all be saying thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Cheers for all the hard effort and continued support

Rides
    Well done on all the hard work over the years, and good luck with the fish

Rides
    Here was me thinking you might have gone to work for Topgear.. well they seem to have employed everyone else lol

Rides
    Here was me thinking you might have gone to work for Topgear.. well they seem to have employed everyone else lol

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    You can say that again mate
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    thanks for 'putting up' with us all for so long...

think I might have to go to one of these weekenders, I have been here over 10 years after all.

Rides
    Appreciate all the work you have put in and glad to see you still staying as a red and treasurer.

I think you have done a cracking job as Chairman, balancing many things, and keeping the long term future of the club a priority.

I've seen the amount of work you put in behind the scenes, and no doubt there is a lot more I haven't seen, so thanks for doing such a good job as Chairman
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    thanks for 'putting up' with us all for so long...

think I might have to go to one of these weekenders, I have been here over 10 years after all.
    best event you'll ever go to in a car short of a dogging session with *****.

Rides
    Hello Doc... I didn't realise you were chairman... well the place hasn't disappeared under the waves so you must have been doing something right!

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Thank **** you were a total shite chairman.

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    Thanks for all the hard work Doc All the staff do a great job keeping the club going after all these years, ive just paid my subs for my 13th time
    Its gone!

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Cheers guys, there are a few things that Id have liked to have put in place but just never had the chance, but I like to think we are a lot more organised and have a lot firmer future than we were looking at a few years ago, its nice to know its been appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go