Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Piman2k's Track S14A - Powered by Full Race / Borg Warner / Mazworx

Rides
    Ha, where indeed. I'm afraid I'm just 'that' guy.....

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    That works really well in white Ryan, very well indeed! Aggressive without being over the top.
    Looking forward to the dyno results too.

R.

Rides
    Car looks good and seems to be built for the job! Nice
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    ONE MIIIIILLLIon INTERNET POINTZ

On a serous note she looks amazing. Get some vids up palinski.

Mike

Rides
    Thanks guys, appreciate your kind words. Didn't expect them from you Ben so thank you.

Turbo studs worked loose it would seem after the trackday, lost a couple of nuts. Ordered new Inconel studs and nuts from Full Race and a new gasket from Turbo Dynamics, get all that fitted next week.

I don't have a Go Pro so I can't make any videos, but are track day videos really interesting? I never found them much fun to watch unless the car is REALLY special.

Rides
    Ahh man, this looks so purposeful and well put together. Congrats dude.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Thanks guys, appreciate your kind words. Didn't expect them from you Ben so thank you.

Turbo studs worked loose it would seem after the trackday, lost a couple of nuts. Ordered new Inconel studs and nuts from Full Race and a new gasket from Turbo Dynamics, get all that fitted next week.

I don't have a Go Pro so I can't make any videos, but are track day videos really interesting? I never found them much fun to watch unless the car is REALLY special.

I like tra kday vids, even non special ones

And no worries, done a proper job on the car and it gets used properly which is good to see
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Cars looking great buddy, good work

Rides
    A great read..I admire your bravery for sticking with the project, I think i would have burnt it by now! Lol.
    Looking forward to a blog update!

Rides
    Bravery? Burn it? Lol

It's madness to keep a car like this going, but it's been as much fun as aggro. And I currently have a set up no one else does which is fun. That said, I think the years end will still be the end for me and the car. New turbo studs come in from America but Full Race sent them to my old house, so I have to wait till next week before my friend who now lives there gets back.

Rides
    Why will you get rid of it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I'll have had it for 7 years bud and to be honest, as much as I adore the car, I am leaning towards wanting a car that I can use more regularly and comfortably on the road rather than having a second car in the garage. I don't know, maybe I won't, but it's just how I've been feeling of late. Do love it though!

Rides
    Been there, bought other stuff. I came right back and got another one and now in my moments of weakness it's my partner who is telling me not to be an idiot and hang onto it!

There reaches a point where you've done enough stuff to make it not worth moving it on imo. You know the car inside out and back to front, there is plenty of scope to change it and you'll just jizz more money up the wall buying something else and it probably not being quite right.

It can be made a lot more road friendly for not very much and it really won't compromise it hugely on track. You could be having fun in it every weekend and not waiting for the next track day because you don't really enjoy driving it on the road and the expense that goes with that... Are you going to notice a few extra kgs here and there? Unless you're at the track every weekend getting timed, probably not.

There are few cars available out there that are as readily flexible as a 200 is, it's one of the best things about them.

Even if you launched a ton of sound deadening at it it would still be lighter than the likes of an M3 You've done the hard work in getting the performance, making it more road friendly won't be that much of a pain at all.

Rides
    Reading far too much into this guys lol. I just want to move on eventually and try something different! It's definitely past the point of no return, but I won't be planning to heavily modify my next car as it'll be quick out of the box. I appreciate the ideas though, I do use it at weekends and I love it how it is. But like I said, it'll be time for a change

That won't stop me pressing on with it this year though

Rides
    I won't be planning to heavily modify my next car as it'll be quick out of the box.
    Famous last words...

Rides
    Think zeps right just change the s14 so its easier to live with. We got a super quick road car and its pointless even on a roads, even tho it has almost double the power what the srx8 has its no more fun. The s14 is a much easier to get parts that with the rx8. Unoess your going to sink 30-100k you arent going to get the kinda performance you have now and thenif you do spend that kinda money your too scared to take it too that track and you start using it once a month to go to the pub where you csn keep an eye on it.

Rides
    Still haven't been able to get to my turbo studs, old housemate is away on vacation and they have been incorrectly delivered to his house by Full Race. Huff.

Does anyone know anyone who is really good with photos? I'd like to get some special pictures of it. There's a chap coming to view it next week.

Rides
    So its for sale?

Rides
    It's weird ghost, it's always for sale for the right money. I don't need to sell it, it doesn't owe me anything, so I will always hang on for the right cash.

Rides
    It's weird ghost, it's always for sale for the right money. I don't need to sell it, it doesn't owe me anything, so I will always hang on for the right cash.
    be a shame to sell it mate, id be interested to know what the right money was though
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...