Thread: Faded Carbon

Rides

Faded Carbon

I was very happy with the carbon bonnet and bootlid I fitted and provided a good weight saving. But am fed up with buffing up my carbon bonnet and bootlid every month. So had the rear lid professionally wrapped and this looks reasonable, still can see/feel weave under. Am in two minds about the front though- should I wrap front aswell or restore the bonnet to like new?

The company who wrapped my lid said there is a product called Ceramic Pro 9H which will restore to as new.

http://ceramicpro.co.uk/ceramic-pro-9h/

Anyone has experience or can recommend a product or someone who can restore without respraying?

Rides
    The best/only way is to get it lacquered. Then just keep it polished and waxed the same as you would the rest of the car. My best guess is most carbon parts just have cheap crap lacquer on them, that’s why they go cloudy.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Been told if you keep them well waxed then they shouldn’t go cloudy. My bonnet has been on for 6+ years and still looks perfect but then it spends most of its time indoors.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    My best guess is most carbon parts just have cheap crap lacquer on them, that’s why they go cloudy.
    Some stuff is just CF laid over Fibreglass panels, never gunna be the last word in quality.

Rides
    We generally lacquer all carbon parts that come in . The uv protection in 2k lacquer helps stop them fading over time .
    You can also add a uv sealant over the lacquer for extra protection

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks for responses. Car sits outside so the UV has go to the lacquer and made the boot lid cloudy and the front yellow and dull, but not cloudy.

Pegliobagli- would you be able to lacquer my bonnet and if so are you based in HH? I see from your facebook page you have recently relocated to a new premises. Nice paintjobs on the S15s and supra.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by screaminsilvia1 View Post
    Thanks for responses. Car sits outside so the UV has go to the lacquer and made the boot lid cloudy and the front yellow and dull, but not cloudy.

Pegliobagli- would you be able to lacquer my bonnet and if so are you based in HH? I see from your facebook page you have recently relocated to a new premises. Nice paintjobs on the S15s and supra.
    Cheers dude
    Sure we could sort it out for you yeah , if you want to drop me some pics via the page be happy to have a look and see what can be done .
    We managed to rescue a fair few cloudy panels before so should be alright .
    We have recently moved , the new premises is not far from Daventry .
    I’m just waiting for my new booth to be commissioned then will be fully up and running

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk