Thread: Well the 200sx is a bit rarer than when I was last here!

Rides

Well the 200sx is a bit rarer than when I was last here!

Hi guys,

I’ve been a bit lapse with my forum use, probably been 10 years since I last logged on or said anything!

I still own my 200sx, but haven’t used it since I did a track day in 2011, it needs a little tlc before I ever get it on the road/track again.

Every so often (less and less now) I see an S14/14a and get all nost***ic and start looking up cars on eBay etc... but it’s been so long since I’ve seen one now, and the only cars I see on eBay are £15-25k.

Are standard/lightly modified cars that rare now?

Rides
    we bought our first s14a last year, been driving it constantly since purchase last summer, have only seen one other S14 in the flesh and that was literally last week parked up in Elsenham Essex....seem very very rare, at least around here.....R32/33/34 on the other hand...seen loads of them about

We seem to get a lot of looks when we are out in it, lots of hot hatches want to race us for some reason! its pretty stock looking with some basic power mods
    Last edited by sr20det1; 20-05-2021 at 19:49.

Rides
    Mine leaves the garage for MOT and car shows, I'm hoping the show season will restart again soon

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Datsun-Des View Post
    Hi guys,

I’ve been a bit lapse with my forum use, probably been 10 years since I last logged on or said anything!

I still own my 200sx, but haven’t used it since I did a track day in 2011, it needs a little tlc before I ever get it on the road/track again.

Every so often (less and less now) I see an S14/14a and get all nost***ic and start looking up cars on eBay etc... but it’s been so long since I’ve seen one now, and the only cars I see on eBay are £15-25k.

Are standard/lightly modified cars that rare now?
    Hi Des, is yours Red by any chance with solid engine mounts that vibrated the entire car?

Rides
    I don’t think that’s a fair estimate of prices for the S14a. There are. A few popping up at £11k/12k and one anomaly thats out there are £22500 but isn’t selling. Typically in my experience the S14a spectrum for a running car is not £7k to £12k.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    Hi Des, is yours Red by any chance with solid engine mounts that vibrated the entire car?
    Lol, that’s the one 👍

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I don’t think that’s a fair estimate of prices for the S14a. There are. A few popping up at £11k/12k and one anomaly thats out there are £22500 but isn’t selling. Typically in my experience the S14a spectrum for a running car is not £7k to £12k.
    Yeah, that would be my thought as well, but I just don’t see the cheaper end of the spectrum anymore? Hence my question. I realise some people with really tidy/original cars are trying it on price wise, but haven’t seen a ‘normal’ priced one for ages? I’ve got no plans to sell mine - unless they hit silly money of course - but just to tidy it up and do track days again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJF-iZn...dium=copy_link

Rides
    With the state of that, you could possibly contact some youtube detailers to see if they wanna detail your car for free for some content. Looks perfect for a big clickbait title like "Dirtiest 200SX EVER!!! Will we be able to save it???" or something. Might be worth a shot at least

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Datsun-Des View Post
    Lol, that’s the one ��
    yeah I remember met you a few times when I lived in Norwich

Rides
    I think for the right cars prices have definitely shifted upwards. Non or minor modified cars are the ones so if you plan on modifying retain the original bits... Keep them clean folks. Plenty of chaff out there still, cars in bits, cars untastefully modified...etc

Recent example which has sold with a dealer advertised for 18k: https://oldnewsclub.com/90s-icon-nis...-s14-for-sale/