Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: milsom 93's Project Skids S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by misterjake View Post
    Yeah im only in Lincoln at the moment so its not far out the way, will have to sort something. What did Chrisp charge for your clutch as mine will need doing soon?
    Nice one, have to let us know when your free. I got a custom clutch made and fitted for £300 but that was very discounted . Give him a ring and he'll most likely give you a quote over the phone. He takes your old clutch and sends it off to be refurbished and made into a paddle clutch which means the clutch pedal doesn't go awfully heavy like others. 07510456748

Rides
    Just to keep this up to date, did 6 miles and the boost went through the roof. Found the silicon hose to the EBC had split. Got some Samco hose to replace it. Feels far better quality!

Then I did another 6 miles to find a puddle of coolant under the car, opened the radiator cap to here it suck a load of air in, sweet. 90% sure it's the bugger behind the intake manifold. Decided no point stripping all that off for one hose so bought the only full hose kit I could find for the CA. Seems pretty good quality.

Started on the intake manifold tonight and should be off tomorrow as I just have the two bottom corner bolts that are pigs to get too. No interesting pictures just about 100 that I have taken so I know where hoses and plugs go back too.

Now my aim is reliability so that's why I have gone for full hose kit. I'll do the following in which ever order I remember cam belt, auxiliary belts, gearbox fluid, gauges to monitor everything and hopefully the car will be going to get mapped by Chris this month. Not so much for power but we just want to make sure the engine is running spot on with it being a drift car.

Rides
    Oh and here are some pictures from within them 12 miles

Rides
    Looks lovely!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Looks lovely!
    Cheers mate, I'm not a fan of the wheels no more but I don't think it looks too bad.

Ordered inlet mani gasket

Realised it look nothing like the one I took off. It was the head to injector rail part one not injector rail part to inlet. Ordered one from Nissan today. Coming from Amsterdam so won't be here until end of next week. But I did get this photo out of it which may be use to some people

All hoses are changed on the intake

The ones I can get to match up are on the block

There's only the heater matrix pipes missing and the ones left don't match up, so this will do. I think the leak was coming from the UK oil cooler thingy

Ordered some new intercooler clampswhich have just come to replace the jubilee's I bodged on and the one T-bolt that's broke.

That's all for now, just waiting for the intake gasket to put it all back together. Bummer as I was hoping to have a drive out this weekend in it.

Rides
    hopefully it will manage a bit more then 12 mile next time bud, good to see some more updates its looking nice bud will look alot better with the skirts painted

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by john905 View Post
    hopefully it will manage a bit more then 12 mile next time bud, good to see some more updates its looking nice bud will look alot better with the skirts painted
    Yeah I hope so too! These things happen though, no biggie. I know mate I'm struggling to prep them and paint them when it will be shitty match and I'll be more than likely changing colour shortly. Just looking into the options I have on a budget

Rides
    Progress!!

The right gasket came

Fitted inlet the next day

Hands were cut to shreds with all the clips and small spaces

Metal clip thing broke so I did a bodge

Started up a rough as I normally wake up on a Sunday after heavy drinking session. After around 15 seconds fixed its self.

Bled her up with new coolant

Let it cool for a few hours before I put it back in garage. Went to start it from cold again and was rough for 10 seconds. I'll have to check the cold start valve one day

Did zero miles before I realised it had dropped its diff oil all over the garage floor. Great.
    Off to Chrisp tuning Friday to get fixed as I just want to drive the bloody thing now

Tonight decided, enough of being silly now and painted the skirts black. Very rough job as i have said I think I might repaint it any way but looks far better now

Although I'm going to miss how much they frustrated a lot of people

Finally my "I'm not going to drift it this year" hasn't gone to plan as I've booked to go to The Three Sisters drift day in November. Looking forward to that

Hopefully more to report when I've fixed the bugger again on Friday!

Rides
    2016 record achieved today. Done 30 miles before it broke again.

Diff oil turned out to be to breather system causing pressure build up. Topped it back up and been sweet ever since.

Been driving it to work and back all week to get some miles done and iron out any faults as soon as possible.
    As I pulled up home tonight the temperature gauge shot up and steam came from the bonnet. Lifted bonnet to find

Sod's law that one of the 3 hoses I didn't change as I couldn't find one the same shape has a pin prick hole. I'll make one of the spares fit tomorrow and bleed it back up again...

Other than that cars running sweet as a nut and was holding temperature fine. Boosts really well, just a matter setting up EBC.

Jap meet on Tuesday that I'm determined to get too

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Coming out for this meet/drive on Saturday? In the NE&Yorkshire section

Rides
    Few bits have been happening.

Went to Squires jap meet. Not my cup of tea really but was a nice drive there and back. Can't remember the name of the chap that took these but turned out lovely.

Got home to find I had burst two more hoses and started to think this just isn't right. Read up and decided that the radiator cap of 1.3 bar (that people warned me about but I was too lazy to order a new one) was far too high pressure wise and causing pipes to burst.

Next day I sold my daily and had to rush and get this working fully to take me to work and back for the next few weeks. The bottom radiator hose that burst was salvageable for now but have ordered a new one. I also decided to test the expansion tank was working as the level hasn't dropped or raised for ages. Found that pipe was blocked solid. Replaced it for new hoses and a 0.9 bar radiator cap off Chrisp tuning. Bled the system up again and all seems to be working properly.

Bought these to keep an eye on everything

A friend had Depo gauges for years and he couldn't fault them so I decided to go for them.

Back to cooling issues I have now found that the hose for the turbo cold water feed that goes o back of plenum bubbles and gurgles for a few mins after shutdown. If you put your hand on the pipe you can feel the air. Tonight have jacked the front right up so it was definitely the highest point and bled the system up again but it's still there. Any ideas?

Whilst I was waiting for the car to cool down, I decided to fit the gauges. Easy instal and they look really cool. Haven't got the water adaptor yet so this is just measuring engine bay temperature but the oil ones work a treat.

Rides
    That coolant return gurgling and bubbling is normal mate, think they all do it just not everyone notices it!

I never noticed mine till i fit a braided coolant return.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    That coolant return gurgling and bubbling is normal mate, think they all do it just not everyone notices it!

I never noticed mine till i fit a braided coolant return.
    Awesome mate. It keeps temp really well it just the noise was worrying. Thank you

Rides
    bin off the 1.3 bar rad cap, 1.1bar is way more suitable - I had the same thing as you when I ran a 1.3bar rad cap, kept on blowing hoses no matter what I replaced.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post
    bin off the 1.3 bar rad cap, 1.1bar is way more suitable - I had the same thing as you when I ran a 1.3bar rad cap, kept on blowing hoses no matter what I replaced.
    I have mate, it's happily sat in the bottom of my bin! I was warned as well but I was lazy! Lesson learnt. My new HKS 1.1 bar cap turned up yesterday but as its my daily I'm going to stick with the 0.9 off a Mitsubishi FTO then swap it over. 1.3 seems to be nothing but trouble

Rides
    Love this did you have any trouble with the sandwich plate being too close to the oil pressure switch

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by craigjj828 View Post
    Love this did you have any trouble with the sandwich plate being too close to the oil pressure switch
    Cheers mate. If you mean the standard oil pressure switch, no. I had to tighten it up so the gauge sensors where to the back of the engine in rotation which cleared everything else. I can take a photo if needed buddy.

Rides
    Been quite lately as I have bought a new daily, but I am back on it now as drift day prep is on going.

Really wanted to fit the coolant temp sensor before so drained the coolant and ordered a pipe and boss

This was too small so I decided to mod a pipe currently in. Took the pipe to Crisp Tuning last week to which he welded a boss in.

Next up was bottom rad hose. Ordered a TT racing one accidentally in blue instead of back but I would do the job. Come to fit it in replace of the old to find the ID is too small

Old one went back on and I'll contact the company shortly as I don't want to be rushing around last minute.

I have ordered a new 82 thermostat from eBay as Nissan claim to only be able to supply 88 ones which I have in at the minute. It's a genuine Nissan one but my new 88 makes it run slightly hotter than I like. Don't have time to fit it if I want to put miles on so 88 will do for this day.

Bled it up last night, finished off with the HKS 1.1 bar rad cap and took it for a test drive. Runs sweet as a nut although I feel the clutch may need re-bleeding as the bite is super dupa high

I'll drive it work and back a few days next week but cue 6th Nov drift day

Rides
    good going bud, where you drifting on the 6th?

Rides
    Nissan supply the lower temp state you just have to give them the part number.