Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Don't f***ing beleive it.

Rides

I Don't f***ing beleive it.

Not long ago some pratt drove into my car, which got repaired at his expense. I paid extra to have the bonnet and wing painted aswell, meaning that the entire front end of my car is nice fresh paint.

Well not anymore.

After yet another hard days work I come back to find this has happened to my car.

oh look my paint from the bumper.

closer look

With all the petrol prices soaring and crap like this keep happening to the car i'm begining to wonder why i bother.

Is it worth me buying a cheap shitty car to runaround in to keep the 200 in a decent condition?

Gonna call chips away tomorrow to get them to quote it. The guy in the van WILL pay for this as there wasnt a single mark on the front end.

Rides
    thats sh1t dude, There should be a screw sized scratch on his bumper then?

Looks like purple on that screw in the picture. Sure you didnt crash your car into your bumper

Jon

Rides
    Gutted.

Has the sprinter driver accepted responsibilty?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jon200 View Post
    thats sh1t dude, There should be a screw sized scratch on his bumper then?

Looks like purple on that screw in the picture. Sure you didnt crash your car into your bumper

Jon
    Thats the picture of his numberplate that caused the scratch on the top of my bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Gutted.

I knocked on his house and made sure it was his but he wasnt in so left a note with my details on for him to call me. If he doesnt then I will contact Helphire again and it will knock his no-claims.

Rides
    Gutted for you mate

At least you were lucky enough to be in a position to sort it out - most people never find out who put that little parking mark on thier cars.

Rides
    I had the same thing with a people carrier outside my house (in a private car park), the flid reversed into the rear quarter and drove off.
    I found it the next day, a dent the size of Belgium, looked at the corner of the huge sprog transporter, sure enough paint matched on both.
    Massive rant ensued, owner of shit carrier eventually owned up to someone else driving it and not admitting it but paid out anyway as i had started to get the half inch drive breaker bar out my tool box. (seriously)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Gutted for you mate

At least you were lucky enough to be in a position to sort it out - most people never find out who put that little parking mark on thier cars.
    I've had loads of marks on previous cars like that, one of them cracked the bumper and drove off .

Fingers crossed I'll get it all sorted. Hows you anyway?

Rides
    Absolute pisser

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Gutted.

I would ask the vito driver first

Both vehicles registered in the same area DJZ plus the plate on the 200 was made up in a merc garage Why do i notice these things?

Bad luck mate hope you sort it out chin up.

Rides
    dude, feel totally gutted for ya esp after the last time when we met up

time to piss in the vans fuel tank...

Rides
    Thats a write off, breaking it is the only economicly viable option I'm afraid

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Thats the picture of his numberplate that caused the scratch on the top of my bumper.

I knocked on his house and made sure it was his but he wasnt in so left a note with my details on for him to call me. If he doesnt then I will contact Helphire again and it will knock his no-claims.
    oh yeah my bad being dumb tonight lol.

Hope he owns up.

J

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    That sucks mate, once is bad enough but twice Had a similar thing i was parked up for five mins to get my car tax came back to find my front numberplate on the floor and a crack down the middle of my bumper
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I think it is the day and age now where you cant expect to leave cars parked up and expect them to remain prestine anymore.

The masses have become too stupid and ignorant IMO.

I have never been one to be too bothered with the bodywork on cars, if it runs and its legal, I am not fussed over a few scratches or dinks.

That said though, although I feel this way about my car, doesnt mean I do about all cars. If I have a lapse in concentration and knock someone elses I will always own up.

But saying that I parked up in bluewater the other day and when I came back there was a dent in my bonnet. I just shrugged and drove off...

Rides
    sorry to see this daz

Rides
    Well with purple paint on his numpber plate he can hardly deny it now can he.That sucks big time, especially as he has done it with the front of his van he MUST know he has done it.

Rides
    AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH

How the fook can he not see your car, he has a prime view from the cab, its not like he has a long fooking bonnet

gutted for you mate

Oh and why are you not coming to the weekender
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    exactly why i'll never have a car with mint bodywork, if its sound and all roughly the same colour then thats ok

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzario View Post
    exactly why i'll never have a car with mint bodywork, if its sound and all roughly the same colour then thats ok
    me too,it aint worth the worry.What with stone chips aswell.
    Same reason I wont buy expensive alloys as I am always kerbing my wheels
    I just repaint them now and again

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I think it is the day and age now where you cant expect to leave cars parked up and expect them to remain prestine anymore.

The masses have become too stupid and ignorant IMO.

I have never been one to be too bothered with the bodywork on cars, if it runs and its legal, I am not fussed over a few scratches or dinks.

That said though, although I feel this way about my car, doesnt mean I do about all cars. If I have a lapse in concentration and knock someone elses I will always own up.

But saying that I parked up in bluewater the other day and when I came back there was a dent in my bonnet. I just shrugged and drove off...
    I used to be bothered about dents/scratches appearing on my car but after it happening a few times I just ended up not caring. So often you'll just never find out who did it.

I personally would admit to any damage I did to someone elses car, its a shame that others are quite happy to damage your car and not admit to it
    bovvered?