Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Porsche...

Rides

Bought a Porsche...

So yea I’ve recently bought a new daily driver as an upgrade from my Vauxhall Adam.

It’s a 997.1 Carrera 4S - manual in Slate grey metallic and it’s absolute awesome.

Honestly wow, hard to believe how well put together it is and how it drives. The sound from the flat six is epic too.

I’ve already done quite a lot of tidying up and a full LED interior conversion. Had it detailed by George at High Caliber Detailing (highly recommended)

Done a few bits of servicing too- new drive belt, air filter and cabin filter so far.

At High Caliber detailing following it’s spruce up

Pic of the fleet together

Very clean under here

And in here
    Last edited by Sean-B; 31-03-2020 at 19:23.

Rides
    Very, very nice

Rides
    Thats awesome

Rides
    They're not really my thing, but that does look nice

Rides
    Yikes they are breeding...

Rides
    Love it, would love one myself to be fair

Rides
    Cheers guys. It really is amazing almost seems silly to say but the way it handles and stops is just amazing. Driving position is wonderful controls are lovely to use just perfect to drive.

I guess it’s the difference between tuning an average car up to be something awesome and a car purpose built to be this fast

Still love my S14a though!

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Superb driveway*, requisite number of useable seats in each

Tell us about the E24, that looks lovely

* Definitely space for another mind you
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Porkers are the new M3 now then?!

Nice collection there Sean

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    I guess it’s the difference between tuning an average car up to be something awesome and a car purpose built to be this fast
    Absolutely. I said exactly the same when I got my 996 - it's the whole package that just balances so perfectly. It also means it's got the ability to lick along at speed without being all noisy and brash about it, but can be raw when you want to give it an absolute kicking.

Rides

Bought a Porsche...

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Superb driveway*, requisite number of useable seats in each

Tell us about the E24, that looks lovely

* Definitely space for another mind you
    Very true can’t get burdened with lifts / kids if you haven’t got the seats.

1987 635CSi Auto. Retrimmed interior, mechanically very good condition however rust is creeping in to the arches and needs addressing ASAP! It’s a dream to drive and turns more heads than the other two cars put together

Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Porkers are the new M3 now then?!

Nice collection there Sean
    I think prices have bottomed out near enough for the 997 now so it’s not to much a risk to invest. And they’re at a price where you can service them yourself now.

Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Absolutely. I said exactly the same when I got my 996 - it's the whole package that just balances so perfectly. It also means it's got the ability to lick along at speed without being all noisy and brash about it, but can be raw when you want to give it an absolute kicking.
    Couldn’t agree more. Such a classy car but with the ability to be seriously fast. I mean do they ever run out of grip?? Even in the pouring rain the PSM was barely coming on.

Rides
    Couldn’t agree more. Such a classy car but with the ability to be seriously fast. I mean do they ever run out of grip?? Even in the pouring rain the PSM was barely coming on.
    They do eventually - I know from experience; pirouetted about 5 times around a runway and ended up in field Car Limits day at North Weald - guy there has lots of experience with 911's and can teach you to get the best out of it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    They do eventually - I know from experience; pirouetted about 5 times around a runway and ended up in field Car Limits day at North Weald - guy there has lots of experience with 911's and can teach you to get the best out of it
    Ah yea....I have felt the weight of the engine a couple of times. Amazing how the 4wd just pulls it straight again though. Feels a bit like cheating! I do think I’d enjoy finding its limit on track

Rides

Bought a Porsche...

Took this on an epic 2 week road trip around France in August this year! We were very lucky to be able to do this in between all the restrictions!

What an incredible machine. Was so nice to rack up the miles with the soundtrack of the flat six
    Last edited by Sean-B; 12-01-2021 at 22:38.

Rides
    Awesome

Have wanted to do that myself. Not had the chance.

Rides
    Jealous of the car and the road trip!! Keep meaning to drive around France on a road trip too, summer 2021 maybe!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Jealous of the car and the road trip!! Keep meaning to drive around France on a road trip too, summer 2021 maybe!
    I can’t recommend it enough. There’s so many amazing cities and towns and the roads are so much nicer and quieter than here.

Was even better in 2019 in my S14a!

Rides
    Awesome photo mate !! I lived in France for while but didn’t visit my places when I was there unfortunately

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Awesome photo mate !! I lived in France for while but didn’t visit my places when I was there unfortunately
    I’d be seriously tempted to move there one day. The south is just stunning. A nice little cottage in Bordeaux would do me lovely

Rides
    I’d be seriously tempted to move there one day. The south is just stunning. A nice little cottage in Bordeaux would do me lovely
    Definitely a very beautiful country! I’d go back to Chamonix in the alps, amazing mountain views all around, and nice lakes to go swimming in the summer. Hopefully move there when I retire!