Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handling

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Had it aligned? if not then.. well wheels are prob all pointing the wrong way.
    Subframe lockdown kit as well.
    Rear subframe is on solid mounts, I’d be interested to see how others compare for steering feel at roughly same height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    out at this thing today, so it’s not the UJ on the steering shaft or anything else on the shaft, power steering is defo working as sitting still engine off difficult to move, engine on moves as you’d expect. So I’m back to alignment, I checked he coilover top mounts to see if they were binding but all seems ok. I suppose I need to try these knuckles and see how that goes.

Rides
    Alignment adjustments won't stop the standard ball joints from being cranked over in the wrong position. Unfortunately you can't just drop a car 40mm and the geometry stays the same. You need longer length ball joints to correct the angle they sit at when lowered with standard hubs, moving the roll centre back closer to the cars centre of gravity.

This video explains it using double wishbone suspension but the effect on the lower arm is the same regardless.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    Alignment adjustments won't stop the standard ball joints from being cranked over in the wrong position. Unfortunately you can't just drop a car 40mm and the geometry stays the same. You need longer length ball joints to correct the angle they sit at when lowered with standard hubs, moving the roll centre back closer to the cars centre of gravity.

This video explains it using double wishbone suspension but the effect on the lower arm is the same regardless.
    Cheers mike, basically we’re all saying to get it to steer properly I need these hubs.

Slightly better photo to show ride height we’re talking about.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    You’re not crazy low, surely others must have experience. I’d say you’re a little lower at the front than me.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Mine was fully Rose jointed. Adjustable Arms (all of them) and Tein Coilovers and handled beautifully. Reason. I forgoed looks and raised the rear.

Rides
    I'm in a similar boat, mines too low to handle at its best, but I'm happy with the balance between lows and handling....

I think the only real solution like you mentioned is drop hubs. Saying that I don't have issues with heavy steering or self centring.

Your handling setup sounds good, could this be a power steering issue? Maybe air in the system or a leak?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    I'm in a similar boat, mines too low to handle at its best, but I'm happy with the balance between lows and handling....

I think the only real solution like you mentioned is drop hubs. Saying that I don't have issues with heavy steering or self centring.

Your handling setup sounds good, could this be a power steering issue? Maybe air in the system or a leak?
    No leaks as far as I can tell, the problem has been there on 2 different engines (ps pumps) only really leaves us with the steering rack or the steering setup/alignment.

I think I’m going to need to get these drop knuckles to try them, a decent amount of money but it must help.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Mine was fully Rose jointed. Adjustable Arms (all of them) and Tein Coilovers and handled beautifully. Reason. I forgoed looks and raised the rear.

I’m the same ash, only the lower arms are standard the rest are rose jointed, sub frame is solid mounted.

I wouldn’t mind raising the front a bit if it’s going to make the difference. But these knuckles are on the cards I reckon

Rides
    I had Rose jointed lower arms 2. Was going to fit EDFC Active pro but the decided to fit it too my 370. But now undecided as I don’t want the suspension too hard and it handles better than the S13 and much more comfortable.

My S13 rear sub frame when fitting

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I had Rose jointed lower arms 2. Was going to fit EDFC Active pro but the decided to fit it too my 370. But now undecided as I don’t want the suspension too hard and it handles better than the S13 and much more comfortable.

My S13 rear sub frame when fitting

I think it’s my age that’s the biggest thing, I’ve had this car that long these issues never used to bother me....now I’d like it to ride nice and be quiet inside. Not issues I used to care about lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    I think it’s my age that’s the biggest thing, I’ve had this car that long these issues never used to bother me....now I’d like it to ride nice and be quiet inside. Not issues I used to care about lol

My age too

I even have a Blitz Nur Spec R with an exhaust valve to make it quieter.... well had. Off the car now, but no one wants to buy it

Rides
    Good exhausts as well, I had one on an s13 high quality exhaust though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    Good exhausts as well, I had one on an s13 high quality exhaust though.

They are..

I’ve just bought a Nismo R-Tune exhaust for my 370 Roadster. No idea how loud it will be. But beautiful