Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Power FC problem

Rides

Strange Power FC problem

I had my car tuned may last year and everything was running great. Drove it untill august when it started to missfire on boost sometimes. The problem got worse and I thought it was a dying coil.
    I stored the car away for the winter and when I took it out this year changed a faulty coilpack but the problem remained.

I checked everything from injectors to sensors and leaks. Everything was good and when I put the stock ECU back in it ran perfect.

With the PFC it runs super rich and if you leave it on idle it gets soaked and dies. When you drive it and reach full boost it starts to detonate instead.

Iīm guessing that the PFC is iether broken or have gone back to factory setting or something...

I have searched the web and canīt find anybody with the same problems as me.
    Have you guys heard anything like this or have any ideas of what I could check or do?

Iīm trying to reach the guy who tuned it but canīt get a hold on him. And I canīt take it to another tuner as I canīt find any who is not fully booked for months ahead.

Rides
    Not an easy one that. I wonder if it has somehow got corrupt in some way or reset itself as you say although I never seen this happen.

If you don't use the boost control kit and it has reset I don't think the car should start as you would need to turn off the use "Boost Cntl Kit" option in the "Etc" -> "Function Select" menu on the hand commander (if you have one).

If you do have a hand commander I recommend going through all the settings and checking they look right for the spec of your car. Maybe also check the sensors appear to be working from the commander too.

Rides
    are the maps locked?? perhaps youve selected wrong AFM setting?

Rides
    I have found some maps with similar spec. I will compare them the next time I get a chance.

The sensor readings seem similar to the ones in consult with the stock ECU.

I noticed that the values in the map goes up and down through the load. Shouldnīt it just increase? I need to find something wrong with the maps to dare to do a factory reset...

Rides
    alex... if you need you can send me your ecu recorded post and i can check the map for obvious problems
    if there is no problems noticed i could then upload a nice basemap for your spec of parts.

since you say the map goes up and down its most likely the powerfc has been mapped via the hand controller and the inj map... i.e not in the correct manner

Rides
    That would be very kind. But I canīt hook the computer up to the power fc. Is the FC dataloggit the best or are there a cheaper alternative?

The car was tuned with FC-dataloggit on a rolling road dyno.

Rides
    dataloggit is best and cheapest

Rides
    On some power fc's you can select from 4 maps. My mate with an evo had a similar issue so I went for a look. Everything was back to base map. Asked the people that mapped it and they said make sure it's on map 1. So he checked that and for some reason it had went to number 3.

If you want to check yours is at base map go to settings and look at the injector map. If they are all saying 100 then your ecu has went back to factory

Rides
    Never seen a Power FC hold more maps before?

Rides
    me neither till the other day. i didn't beleive him when he told me but he showed me afterwards. it's in settings menu under the inj map i think.

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by redsx94! View Post
    me neither till the other day. i didn't beleive him when he told me but he showed me afterwards. it's in settings menu under the inj map i think.
    surely not

Rides
    no..

most likely the four boost settings.

Rides
    Well if it was just boost settings then the map would still be the same. I kid you not I looked at the injection map and they all said 100. Got hold of the guys that mapped it and they said it was just that it had been changed to number 3 and it should be on number 1. I'd like to point out it was definatly not different boost levels as his car wouldn't run. It would start but was almost impossible to drive as it wouldn't take the foot.

Rides
    Right got to the bottom of this lol it's not four maps it's four options for pim
    volt. Is your's d jetro by any chance. If so for some reason my friends one changed by itself somehow to a different option.

Rides
    da daaaaaaaaaaaa... alwaysright.com

Rides
    Nobodys always right lol why did his settings go back to base map then

Rides
    captain fiddle of the cant leave it alone ship..

Rides
    Trust me this guy doesn't touch anything. He learned that mistake before on a Subaru he once owned with a power fc. As soon as he put it to option 1 everything was back to normal

Rides
    well the ecu doesnt change its own settings bud

Rides
    Ok I speak shit.