Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White/black lives matter thing.

Rides
    Akala is speaking some real sense with all this going on.

The James O'Brien interview mentioned above - https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/...1-akala-179701

Rides
    Here's one, the 2020 F1 car from Merc is going to be Black - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53218197

World champion Lewis Hamilton called it an "important statement we are willing to change and improve as a business".
    Ok.

Mercedes F1 team said in a statement that "just 3% of our workforce identify as belonging to minority ethnic groups and only 12% of our employees are women.
    So there are far fewer women in the company than men. Is it possible that there are far more men interested in working for a racing car team than women?

A quick google also shows that roughly 14% of the UK population are BAME, happy to be corrected. Is it then not possible that a minority of a minority is just logical for something as niche as F1?

"This lack of diversity shows that we need to find new approaches to attract talent from many areas of society we do not currently reach."
    Will never knock the idea of broadening horizons for more talent, but it should be talent and ONLY talent that gets you noticed. If you start a programme to find more talent and you condtionalise it on making sure there are more BAME people than before, then the programme has already failed.

Rides
    I don't doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees that you should get to where you are on talent alone (though in practice, how often is this happening? tell me how good portion of people got jobs from who they know not how good they are - if your social circles never include the right people, how do you do it?)

look up at that interview above - attainment and achievement necessary to get to F1 is difficult - if you don't ever see that as an option, you'll never know it's possible (mushroom problem, kept in the dark/fed shit). Outreach programs are about showing options - that what is around you isn't what you're destined for. It's easy to say 'oh the internet, you can see all the things you can do' but if you're raised without education being of fundamental importance, you limit your possibilities inside your own head.

Rides
    Completely agree. All I'm saying is that the outreach programme, if it's target is any specific audience, already becomes self limiting.

And no, while you should progress on talent, it's rarely the case. You only have to work for a month in JLR to see that first hand.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Akala is speaking some real sense with all this going on.

The James O'Brien interview mentioned above - https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/...1-akala-179701
    I've watched that a while back and whilst some of it is credible, he does contradict himself a good few times.

For example, off top of my head, he lays out the case against Stop & Search that the number of people being killed by knives is x and the number of black people in population is y, therefore only 0.0.0.00% are people that kill people with knives but you're searching all of these people which is systemically racist given the small % of people killing people. Then later he bangs on about how he himself had carried a knife as did most of his mates, some of his mates were imprisoned killers and he'd seen loads of people getting stabbed (even saying he'd just normalised it and gone and had a ****ing hair cut after watching someone get murdered). ERRRR

Rides
    I didn't see the problem with he plane at all, white lives do matter, all lives do!

The removing of old TV programs and apologising is pathetic in my opinion.

Did a white person ever complain about white chicks and ask for it to be removed? If they did they are cnuts, simple!

Rides
    I would like to see a public apology for the genocide Churchill caused and to have his statute removed. If the Germans had statues of Hitler then the rest of the world would be asking for the same thing.

Rides
    Well on the plus side of that argument Tony Blair hasn't got a statue but he is still alive, so presumably we can throw him in the sea?

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    One Ive wondered recently - why is there no call for greater racial equality in the NBA?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    My Grandad used to say that God gave us two ears and one mouth...to be used in that proportion.

It strikes me that the biggest problem is that a lot of people don't listen, often because they are too busy talking.

Those that do listen are more and more listening for a soundbite to kick off about rather than trying to understand how someone else has arrived at a point of view.

So to reply to the thread, I suggest that you listen very carefully to as many different opinions as you can, try to see it from as many different points of view as you can whilst keeping an open mind about the validity of everyone else's opinion.

I watched quite an interesting documentary recently on Lenny Bruce. Anyone who watches it and thinks he was a racist should be made to watch it over and over until the penny drops.

Rides
    Oh, and when I voice my opinion and someone tells me I'm wrong, I tell them that, in my opinion, facts can be wrong but opinions cannot be unless they are stated as fact

Rides
    It’s a shame this message never made the impact it should have. Still 100% relevant today imo https://youtu.be/w8HdOHrc3OQ

Edit here’s the transcript from Charlie Chaplin's monologue:-

“ I'm sorry but I don't want to be an Emperor, that's not my business.
    I don't want to rule or conquer anyone.
    I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white.
    We all want to help one another, human beings are like that.
    We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery.
    We don't want to hate and despise one another.
    In this world there is room for everyone and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
    The way of life can be free and beautiful.
    But we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate;
    has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in:
    machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
    Our knowledge has made us cynical,
    our cleverness hard and unkind.
    We think too much and feel too little:
    More than machinery we need humanity;
    More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness.

Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together.
    The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all.
    Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.
    To those who can hear me I say "Do not despair".

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress:
    the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish . . .

Soldiers: don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think or what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.
    You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men.
    You have the love of humanity in your hearts.
    You don't hate, only the unloved hate.
    The unloved and the unnatural.
    Soldiers: don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty.

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written:
    - "The kingdom of God is within man"
    Not one man, nor a group of men, but in all men; in you.
    You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
    Then in the name of democracy let us use that power. Let us all unite!
    Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age a security.
    By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie.
    They do not fulfill that promise, they never will.
    Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people.
    Now let us fight to fulfill that promise.
    Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance.
    Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers! In the name of democracy: Let us all unite!”

Last edited by sx rider; 02-07-2020 at 17:30.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    My Grandad used to say that God gave us two ears and one mouth...to be used in that proportion.
    When you speak you are only repeating what you already know; but if you listen you may learn something new - some welsh feller called Dai Llama
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    It’s a shame this message never made the impact it should have. Still 100% relevant today imo https://youtu.be/w8HdOHrc3OQ

Edit here’s the transcript from Charlie Chaplin's monologue:-

“ I'm sorry but I don't want to be an Emperor, that's not my business.
    I don't want to rule or conquer anyone.
    I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white.
    We all want to help one another, human beings are like that.
    We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery.
    We don't want to hate and despise one another.
    In this world there is room for everyone and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
    The way of life can be free and beautiful.
    But we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate;
    has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in:
    machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
    Our knowledge has made us cynical,
    our cleverness hard and unkind.
    We think too much and feel too little:
    More than machinery we need humanity;
    More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness.

Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together.
    The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all.
    Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.
    To those who can hear me I say "Do not despair".

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress:
    the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish . . .

Soldiers: don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think or what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.
    You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men.
    You have the love of humanity in your hearts.
    You don't hate, only the unloved hate.
    The unloved and the unnatural.
    Soldiers: don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty.

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written:
    - "The kingdom of God is within man"
    Not one man, nor a group of men, but in all men; in you.
    You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
    Then in the name of democracy let us use that power. Let us all unite!
    Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age a security.
    By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie.
    They do not fulfill that promise, they never will.
    Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people.
    Now let us fight to fulfill that promise.
    Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance.
    Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers! In the name of democracy: Let us all unite!”

That's great

I wonder what he'd have made of the internet with all it's hate and nonsense?

It depresses me immensely to see man's inhumanity to his fellow man

We really should be beyond this sort of thing... Immigration is what makes Britain, Great. It should be celebrated. You can get food from every corner of the globe, and what's better to bring people together than food? (No beer is not a good answer here )

Having read quite a bit about the Windrush Scandal, and it is just that. I can't believe, we can treat people who've come halfway around the globe at our request for help, and we treat them like that? Disgraceful
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    We are now living in an Orwellian regime, statements of fact such as, White lives matter, All lives matter or Covid 19 is not a pandemic are treated as crimes as these facts have not been authorised by the establishment ( Truth ministry ).

In my opinion BLM like Covid 19 was just another method of keeping Trump from getting re-elected.

All BLM will do is cause division and chaos, many moderate whites have now become more vocally racist as have many blacks.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    All BLM will do is cause division and chaos, many moderate whites have now become more vocally racist as have many blacks.
    While i cannot even begin to agree with many of your other posts this is one line you do have bang right.

The more we have division the more we have volatility and the worse this will get until someone with balls big enough and clever enough puts there foot down HARD.
    and that foot will not belong to that orange idiot Trump.

Rides
    Ok I haven’t read this thread because too many people are racist (black / white)

It all started off when 1 racist white cop in Minnesota throttled a black guy (George Floyd) for buying cigarettes with counterfeit notes!

Now I don’t know about you or me, I’ve had counterfeit notes out of a cash machine, tried to use them in the shop I got them from and they were proved counterfeit..

So I can understand the demonstrations about George’s death, however although he was trying to reform before and I wonder if he was innocent regarding the counterfeit bills, they demonstrated because time and time again in the US, racist white cops can get away with it...

Now turn to Britain, our cops do not systematically kill Black people, but as Trevor Phillips said on TV, most killings in this country are black on black. The blacks demonstrated about a crime that had nothing to do with us (or was it just an excuse to loot shops?) and then you have the white extremists attacking the blacks and oh also looting the shops

There is racism across both sides of the board... no wonder the Chinese released a pandemic on us. No one disliked the Chinese until now, but it wasn’t because of their skin colour

To black people - Britain during their empire ended the slave trade by buying all the slaves and setting them free (they borrowed the money and finished paying it off in the 1970s or so)
    To white people - if it wasn’t for Black people, Britain would still be bankrupt and a failed
    State since the 2nd world war (wind rush)

Oh and to farmers, if you want British kids picking crops (instead of bitching and whining and importing east Europeans who will do it....) pay the national minimum wage and stop promoting anti Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    While i cannot even begin to agree with many of your other posts this is one line you do have bang right.

The more we have division the more we have volatility and the worse this will get until someone with balls big enough and clever enough puts there foot down HARD.
    I agree with LEON

He has it bang on

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post

Fortunately the majority of people can see what BLM is about, so there will be no need for any mass violence, it will fizzle out once the virtue signallers have had their fill.

Trump did not take the bait and crush them as he knew it was by his enemies design.

Rides

White/black lives matter thing.

One other thing though that may fuel it....

London is now the Tuberculosis capital of Europe. Perhaps the western world

Partially due to the UK government stopping BCG tests and TB vaccines

But, Newham, Brent, Ealing and Hownslow have the highest hit rate and 74% of infections are black immigrants

Do you wonder why people are racist against black people? Because they think they are carrying a disease...

But let’s be fair, yellow skinned Chinese are more responsible for people dying in the world, because 1
    Person thought eating a bat would be good for health

Not for 10 million people across the world or the health of the world’s economy.

Edit, let’s also be fair. BSE (Mad cow disease) was caused by the US and French testing cattle feed on the British which also the cause of vCJD. They were money grabbing white bastards

Last edited by Asht_200; 06-07-2020 at 03:59.