Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Which proves my point exactly. A covid 19 patient is anyone who has tested positive for covid 19, many of these patients would have contracted the disease whilst in hospital.
    For someone that keeps asking for sources that seems a hell of an assumption. Unless of course you have a source for that fact ..........

arry is taking you to pieces here mate. Your "evidence" is invariably presented out of context to some extent, this may put off a casual commenter but not someone who knows what they are talking about.

Youre always "correct" and use "facts" to back up your argument the same way that Trump is "correct" and uses "facts". That you appear to see this as a good thing when the rest of the intelligent world are horrified by it is a great, albeit pitifully self centred example of a self fulfilling prophecy
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    It is hilarious watching you go to work. You use facts you cherry pick from sources that in some places completely contradict your argument, in other places entirely support those of others you reject, take them out of context and plonk them down as facts (which, I'll grant you some of them are - but still...) without taking into account any of the background factors or reasons into any part of your reasoning.

Moreover, you're starting to add evidential support to arguments against your previous points without even realising it. You were so anti this lockdown but you've brought out in your own sources facts which support why the steps were taken. When you're challenged to think wider of number X = I'm right, your form of arguing back is to shout NONSENSE whilst holding onto your chosen snippet. Hence I say to you that you struggle to form complex ideas and hold onto simple points as gospel, ignoring the rest because it's taking away from your belief structure.

Essentially, you're just a narrow minded person of the worst kind; the type that feels like they're intelligent and superior and no-one is going to ever set them straight otherwise. Kinda shit the bed funny when you look at it like that - a Trump supporting Brexiteer who swears blind the world is flat

Hilarious fun though.
    What a load of waffle....yawn

These facts still stand.

The hospitals are empty.

We have at no time ran out of ICU beds or ventilators.

There is no evidence to determine or even suggest this lockdown has any affect whatsoever to the death rate regarding the pandemic, we can use Japan and Sweden as an example.

The lockdown has been in place for three weeks now, the incubation period of the disease is 14 days yet apparently cases of infection are still prevalent, and the chief medical officer has said he expects the peak to be in 10 weeks, this would suggest that the lockdown has had zero effect on the spread of the disease.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 15-04-2020 at 12:15.

Rides
    Double post
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 15-04-2020 at 12:39.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    For someone that keeps asking for sources that seems a hell of an assumption. Unless of course you have a source for that fact ..........

arry is taking you to pieces here mate. Your "evidence" is invariably presented out of context to some extent, this may put off a casual commenter but not someone who knows what they are talking about.

Youre always "correct" and use "facts" to back up your argument the same way that Trump is "correct" and uses "facts". That you appear to see this as a good thing when the rest of the intelligent world are horrified by it is a great, albeit pitifully self centred example of a self fulfilling prophecy

What are you talking about ? It is a fact that any patient who tests positive for covid 19 whilst in hospital is a covid 19 patient.

It is also a fact that many inpatients have contracted the disease whilst in hospital.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a9422221.html

I forgot no one voted for President Trump did they ? because he is a dictator, and when he wins the election in November and the Democrats are decimated it will be fixed won't it.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 15-04-2020 at 12:52.

Rides
    What are you talking about ? It is a fact that any patient who tests positive for covid 19 whilst in hospital is a covid 19 patient.

It is also a fact that many inpatients have contracted the disease whilst in hospital.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a9422221.html

I forgot no one voted for President Trump did they because he is a dictator, and when he wins the election in November and the Democrats are decimated it will be fixed won't it.
    Before I get banned.

Stop contradicting yourself. You first say Covid-19 isn’t a problem and now you are saying people are getting it in hospital, when apparently according to your thoughts, they are empty

The technical name for the Virus is SARS Coronavirus 2.
    It’s more infectious than SARS but doesn’t have the mortality rate. Just stay in doors and I’m praying it doesn’t hurt anyone I know

Take the piss later, yes I’m a church goer, I ring the bell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Before I get banned.

Stop contradicting yourself. You first say Covid-19 isn’t a problem and now you are saying people are getting it in hospital, when apparently according to your thoughts, they are empty

The technical name for the Virus is SARS Coronavirus 2.
    It’s more infectious than SARS but doesn’t have the mortality rate. Just stay in doors and I’m praying it doesn’t hurt anyone I know

Take the piss later, yes I’m a church goer, I ring the bell

I have never said Covid 19 isn't a problem, I said it is obviously a problem.....
    Saying the hospitals are empty is an exaggeration to emphasise my point, to be exact the majority of our hospitals are no way near as busy as normal and if any of you dare crawl out from under your beds where you are hiding have a look for yourself.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 15-04-2020 at 12:55.

Rides
    I have never said Covid 19 isn't a problem, I said it is obviously a problem.....
    Saying the hospitals are empty is an exaggeration to emphasise my point, to be exact the majority of our hospitals are no way near as busy as normal and if any of you dare crawl out from under your beds where you are hiding have a look for yourself.
    I have. You want to look inside Southend Hospital, it’s currently like something from a science fiction film

I was crying last night Leon so forgive me for letting this get personal

Rides
    I am really sore. no anal gone wrong or too much tugging on the tonka toy...
    nope my backs getting worse, called the surgery yesterday expecting 6 months wait and... spoke to someone nearly right away.

Went to chemist and it was 10 deep, came back an hour later today and... no one there.

So i am still sore, as well as trying not to catch coronowhatsit i also scream when i move.

**** this life, anyone got a pass for the next one?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    nope my backs getting worse, called the surgery yesterday expecting 6 months wait and... spoke to someone nearly right away.

Went to chemist and it was 10 deep, came back an hour later today and... no one there.

So i am still sore, as well as trying not to catch coronowhatsit i also scream when i move.

Turns out I’m quite good at detailing. Steam cleaning car mats, so if you want to setup a business venture because I hate IT

At least we know where next door’s dog will come if he escapes

Rides
    Why is Trump a bigot ? Because he has clamped down on corruption, sex offenders, paedophiles and child traffickers and before this debacle had the American economy working for normal people ???
    Because he embodies the definition of a bigot.

Definition of bigot. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post

Mate, feel your pain. Tried a few yoga moves? I can wizz you over my physio schedule if you want.

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    Because he embodies the definition of a bigot.

Definition of bigot. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
    Sex offenders, paedophiles and child traffickers dont belong to any specific ethnic group, with that said the vast majority of paedophiles and child traffickers are caucasian like President Trump, I dont believe President Trump treats caucasians with hatred or intolerance, so I can't see how he matches the definition of a bigot.

Some people think that anyone that doesn't agree with them is a bigot, for example you don't know me but still called me a bigot because I have different views from you, this is a tool of the modern left, which has been no platforming lectures and stopping free speech by defining it as hate speech, this is no different to the methods employed by the German stasi, or the communist Chinese and Russian equivalents it is all a form of facism, as in the only free speech one is allowed is that which agrees and compliments the official line of the government or status quo.

Rides
    with that said the vast majority of paedophiles and child traffickers are caucasian like President Trump, I dont believe President Trump treats caucasians with hatred or intolerance, so I can't see how he matches the definition of a bigot.
    A lot of Democrats are caucasion like Trump. How does he get on with them? Is he tolerant of their views? Does he express hatred of them?

Some people think that anyone that doesn't agree with them is a bigot, for example you don't know me but still called me a bigot because I have different views from you, this is a tool of the modern left, which has been no platforming lectures and stopping free speech by defining it as hate speech, this is no different to the methods employed by the German stasi, or the communist Chinese and Russian equivalents it is all a form of facism, as in the only free speech one is allowed is that which agrees and compliments the official line of the government or status quo.
    The hard left does indeed go too far as does the hard right. It's the job of the moderates in the middle on each side to bring reason and balance to the extremes; we are all responsible for that.

You seem to be aiming that comment in such a way as to suggest those that disagree with you are 'modern left' and therefore using tactics employed by Chairman Mao to silence you. Has someone's been watching a little too much Jordan Peterson and missing the point entirely - probably because they struggle to deal with complex issues?

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides

There is no evidence to determine or even suggest this lockdown has any affect whatsoever to the death rate regarding the pandemic, we can use Japan and Sweden as an example.

The lockdown has been in place for three weeks now, the incubation period of the disease is 14 days yet apparently cases of infection are still prevalent, and the chief medical officer has said he expects the peak to be in 10 weeks, this would suggest that the lockdown has had zero effect on the spread of the disease.
    Did you even read my response about this yesterday...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Mate, feel your pain. Tried a few yoga moves? I can wizz you over my physio schedule if you want.
    Thnks bud but i have got stretches and moves a plenty but none work due to how it is with me (lazy?)

I have a good physio but ... i dont think they will be open the now. Just gonna have to keep taking pills.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Did you even read my response about this yesterday...
    Yes, you didn't provide any evidence that would suggest or determine that the lockdown has had any affect on the death rate regarding the pandemic, you said we would have to wait a few weeks, as the disease has a 1 to 14 day incubation period and we have been locked down for 23 days I find this explanation unacceptable.

Look at Japan, 136 covid linked deaths and they have had no lockdown.

Look at sweden, 1203 covid linked deaths and they have had no lockdown.

Look at italy, 21345 covid linked deaths and they have had a lock down.

Look at the UK 12868 covid linked deaths and we have had a lockdown.

Can you see the pattern ?

The facts and figures are there for everyone to see and research for themselves.

We do not know how many people have been infected with the disease as we only test a tiny fraction of the population, so all we can do is speculate when it comes to death rates percentages from the disease at the moment.

Rides
    What do you mean by lockdown?

Rides
    Sex offenders, paedophiles and child traffickers dont belong to any specific ethnic group, with that said the vast majority of paedophiles and child traffickers are caucasian like President Trump, I dont believe President Trump treats caucasians with hatred or intolerance, so I can't see how he matches the definition of a bigot.

You think you’re so smart but your not. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, then it’s a duck. I know trump is a bigot and so are you. End of.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Yes, you didn't provide any evidence that would suggest or determine that the lockdown has had any affect on the death rate regarding the pandemic, you said we would have to wait a few weeks, as the disease has a 1 to 14 day incubation period and we have been locked down for 23 days I find this explanation unacceptable.

Look at sweden, 1203 covid linked deaths and they have had no lockdown.

Look at italy, 21345 covid linked deaths and they have had a lock down.

Look at the UK 12868 covid linked deaths and we have had a lockdown.

Can you see the pattern ?

The facts and figures are there for everyone to see and research for themselves.

We do not know how many people have been infected with the disease as we only test a tiny fraction of the population, so all we can do is speculate when it comes to death rates percentages from the disease at the moment.
    you can't help some people.

As Arry mentioned, defined "lockdown". Japan and Sweden both have movement restrictions in place in some manor. They are not just acting like its business as usual.