Thread: Unmodified S13 Hatchback 1990

Rides

Unmodified S13 Hatchback 1990

Hi Folks!
    I posted in the welcome thread a while ago, explaining that I was importing an S13 to Bristol from Europe? I now have an S13 for sale. Funny that.
    I'm not giving up on the S13 hunt, I just don’t have anywhere to store it right now. It’s obviously LHD/Kph - I had hoped to swap it to RHD but it seems that just isn’t practical.
    I'm honestly not trying to shift a lemon; far from it. The car is gorgeous and the previous owner (I was told that I was the second) really loved it. Aside from an imperfect repair on the rear passenger wheel arch, I can't find much to complain about at all - except the brakes, which I think were poor on all these early cars? The car seems entirely unmodified.
    The plan is to sell this car to someone happy with a LHD, pignose example and spend a bit more to get a later RHD Japanese car. (I am not allowed to buy any more cars without airbags.)
    Anyhow, the car is on Ebay for the next few days – I doubt it will sell. I set the reserve around 15k, but I really don’t know what is fair. Have a peep if interested: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175084914...QAAOSwWGdhyvK0
    Bonus, I also have a set of what I think are the correct OEM skirts I can throw in, if you like? They will look odd on a post-facelift car.

Rides
    To surprise of no-one, at the price I was asking this did not sell.

But I am pleased to say I have found a solution! I am buying a diffrent house where I can keep my car. Some call that overkill, but I prefer to think of it as lateral thinking.

Rides
    That's good news

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by doormat View Post

But I am pleased to say I have found a solution! I am buying a diffrent house where I can keep my car. Some call that overkill, but I prefer to think of it as lateral thinking.
    Seems perfectly sensible solution to me.

Curious as to why you're not allowed to buy a car without airbags though?

Rides
    I'm in my thirties, so of course it's because my mother says so.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    The last oldish car I crashed the airbags didnt go off anyway, I wouldnt worry

More parking is always a good thing too, if I had the space I hate to think of how many old Nissans Id still have parked up "waiting to be fixed"
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I wasn't allowed to retire at 59 .... not even to look after them.

She didn't have any clue about airbags.