Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Rides
    To be fair to Leon, his comments are nothing like what is being put in John Mcafee’s Facebook posts.... now they are Morons

Good article was shared by Bill Gates and that is one guy who researches everything before committing his money to the fight

https://amp-theatlantic-com.cdn.ampp...rticle/608719/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Japan has a population of 130 million, it has huge heavily populated city's, Japan was one of the first nations outside of China to officially get Corona virus ( over two months ago) and they have had NO LOCKDOWN they have also had hardly had any deaths from corona virus just 59 to be precise.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...an-where-is-it

Japan is a very patriotic country, it will not allow the globalist left to ruin their economy.

Ours and Europes Corona virus strategy has been developed by the globalist left to stop Trump and to stop Brexit and kerb the rise of nationalism, we will soon be hearing the same old snowflakes calling for an extension to the transition period and then they will be asking for another vote.

Just remember you seen it here first
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 01-04-2020 at 05:13.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    Japan has a population of 130 million, it has huge heavily populated city's, Japan was one of the first nations outside of China to officially get Corona virus ( over two months ago) and they have had NO LOCKDOWN they have also had hardly had any deaths from corona virus just 59 to be precise.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...an-where-is-it

Japan is a very patriotic country, it will not allow the globalist left to ruin their economy.

Ours and Europes Corona virus strategy has been developed by the globalist left to stop Trump and to stop Brexit and kerb the rise of nationalism, we will soon be hearing the same old snowflakes calling for an extension to the transition period and then they will be asking for another vote.

Just remember you seen it here first
    There is also another reason you either forgot or didn’t know why Japan hasnt been hit as hard. Their fastidious hygiene and cleanliness. And culture.

No lockdown? They have banned people coming from pretty much all around the globe, but internally their laws don’t allow a lockdown.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    There is also another reason you either forgot or didn’t know why Japan hasnt been hit as hard. Their fastidious hygiene and cleanliness. And culture.

No lockdown? They have banned people coming from pretty much all around the globe, but internally their laws don’t allow a lockdown.

Sorry Ash but that is absolute nonsense, we are also very hygienic in the UK, how can this culture you speak of possibly stop an infectious disease.

So you're saying its absolutely nothing to do with their government recommending they take vitamin D which has been proven to protect us from respiratory diseases.

Rides
    Compared with Japan, this country is filthy

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Compared with Japan, this country is filthy

I agree that the streets are filthy especially down south, as a people we are very hygienic, the Europeans wash their arse just like the Japs do after going for a shit, that hasn't stopped the disease spreading on the continent.

Rides
    I agree that the streets are filthy especially down south, as a people we are very hygienic, the Europeans wash their arse just like the Japs do when the go for a shit, that hasn't stopped the disease spreading on the continent.
    No but they like to hug and kiss each other whereas the Japanese make do with a bow (culture)

Not quite... in some European countries they prefer to Chuck used toilet roll into a bin rather than flush it down the toilet

Rides
    This thread has hit rock bottom

Rides
    And once again you are wrong.

I have friends in Japan, both ex-pat and native. One of my friends is here in the UK but has business interests in Japan and travels there at least 10 times a year.

There are specific reasons for Japan not being in lockdown and it's not because they don't want to do it. They have restrictions in law as to what the Govt can impose - which is currently what the Govt are attempting to change. In the meantime they have set social distancing advice the same as we did, without laws to back it up, and all of my friends are following that advice very closely.

I'm lifting this direct from the Facebook profile of one of my native Japanese friends - he says:
    We have no laws to lock down. Only the infectious disease law article 33 works only for 72 hrs. It’s nothing.
    Governor of Tokyo ASKED us not to go out at night for drinking around, but people to go work by packed train there are in real danger, I think.
    I think it will spread over Japan soon , unless immediately locked down.

Do bear in mind he's Japanese so his English isn't brilliant before you get picky with his choice of words.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    This thread has hit rock bottom
    Don’t stick your tongue out you may catch it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    And once again you are wrong.

I have friends in Japan, both ex-pat and native. One of my friends is here in the UK but has business interests in Japan and travels there at least 10 times a year.

There are specific reasons for Japan not being in lockdown and it's not because they don't want to do it. They have restrictions in law as to what the Govt can impose - which is currently what the Govt are attempting to change. In the meantime they have set social distancing advice the same as we did, without laws to back it up, and all of my friends are following that advice very closely.

I'm lifting this direct from the Facebook profile of one of my native Japanese friends - he says:
    We have no laws to lock down. Only the infectious disease law article 33 works only for 72 hrs. It’s nothing.
    Governor of Tokyo ASKED us not to go out at night for drinking around, but people to go work by packed train there are in real danger, I think.
    I think it will spread over Japan soon , unless immediately locked down.

Do bear in mind he's Japanese so his English isn't brilliant before you get picky with his choice of words.
    Absolutely.

There may also be another reason, but 1 that has yet to be proven...

Viruses naturally mutate. Mutation can make them more virulent or less virulent. But what you tend to get in pockets can be derived from a single mutation, especially when travel restrictions are imposed. How these mutations may play a factor will not be known until each mutation is Gene sequenced and samples need to be collected from a lot more patients than have currently been studied.

2 cases in Brazil. 1 patient was suffering more than the other. 2 people completely unrelated and here is where it gets interesting. The sicker patient had the virus which is more closely related to what is being found in Germany. The less sick was found to have the virus which is more closely to that being found in the UK.

Again, this is not hard facts, but just scientific conjecture, but it may offer a ray of hope. A virus is more successful when it doesn’t kill it’s host. This was seen with variants of Ebola over the years. Zebov (Ebola Zaire) was the first discovered and the most deadly, since then other less virulent strains have caused infections as the virus mutated. Yes there are set backs as the West Africa epidemic was more closely related to Zebov. But again the rapid spread was caused by hygiene and cultural behaviours, families washing the bodies of the dead etc

Again we will only know more when a large subset of patients in different areas have the Virus genome sequenced

Rides
    Few other things.

They now know Covid-19 started off as droplet born but mutated into an airborne virus so we have to factor in cases like this.

Also talking to a Japanese Doctor (lives in Florida) he said they are very conservative and also like the Chinese do not favour talking that openly with Western Journalists unless it paints them in a good light or they have a serious emergency (Fukushima springs to mind)

His Brother in lost both of his parents in the Philippines to this virus and he is seeing what effect it is having in the hospital he works in

Now any of you who aren’t taking this seriously, see what is happening in hospitals around the country. Broomfield and Southend Covid wards are something that; before we would have only expected to see in a movie, but it is real now

Rides
    Do they know when it changed from droplet born to airborne?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Do they know when it changed from droplet born to airborne?
    I don’t know, not something I was told.

It’s only conjecture. Viruses although simple in structure are also very complex and unfortunately there are studies being done with conflicting results.

What is known is the ACE2 receptor provides the binding for the S protein in the SARS Coronavirus that causes Covid 19. Some studies have suggested that smoking can have inhibiting effects on ACE2 but other studies in China seem to disprove it. In China for example 1 study and research from 552 hospitals found 58% of sufferers were Male smokers. Does this disprove the smoking inhibiting ACE2 or does it suggest a sexual disposition, are men more likely to be affected. One other study found that although there was no difference between white Caucasian smokers or non smokers, the ACE2 expression was significantly higher in Asian smokers than Asian non smokers - again this was the finding of 1 study so it should be viewed as conjecture

This is why at the moment we should be cautious about quoting the results of studies as fact and if we want to get through this should take heed of what the governor of Ohio did. Implemented draconian measures before they even had 1 reported case and his measures seem to be having a positive impact.

We have to remember, things in the US work fundamentally different to how it works in the UK. There is no NHS, many people cannot afford to go to hospital or think they can’t because they have no health insurance, how are individual states and even hospitals behaving?

The president cannot order a lockdown as federalising the police forces contravenes the 10th Amendment. But at the same time the President should stop lying and complaining when the media ask him a question he doesn’t want to answer because it may put a negative light on him.

Yes the UK government could have done a lot more; it just seems like history repeating itself, we send the armed forces in ill equipped and we are asking our health professionals to do the same thing. But on the whole they are able to do a better job than the US government is doing

Rides
    Anyways back to the lightheartedness

https://youtu.be/TpEwLocULLU

Rides
    Interview with the Chinese Dr who warned of coronavirus before being silenced by the Wuhan government. Shortly before he died of Covid-19

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/w...ronavirus.html

Rides
    I was chatting to Michelle last night and we realised in decades to come, children are going to be taught about this in schools, your grandchildren. History is being made. Let’s not **** it up

Rides

We seem to be missing a COVID-19 thread

Wouldn’t get that here. Philippines President has given the order to shoot on sight anyone who breaks the lockdown rules.

Hey Leon the Gyms are open over there

Last edited by Asht_200; 02-04-2020 at 22:29.

Rides
    I am on the opposite side of the fence, i recon in a years time most folk will have forgotten about this.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I am on the opposite side of the fence, i recon in a years time most folk will have forgotten about this.
    Yeah and then we moan “why weren’t we prepared” for the next one. Or blame it on Brexit, Ninja Bats etc.

Even though it is all Sturgeon’s fault