Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever got an Austrian speeding ticket?

Rides
    100 euros but no points? it could be worth paying it just to clear the stress, could prove a ball ache if you wanted to go back there otherwise.

were you the only one allowed to drive the car? if not, how are you meant to remember who was driving

Rides
    There are quite a few interesting roads over here, i'm planning on going to Nockalm near Villach in Austria in summer (http://www.nockalmstrasse.at ), around 2000m altitude and great roads, mate went there with his 280HP alfa GTV but stacked it in the end, but made a good bumper cam vid of it though

Not sure what route exactly you chose, but when we went to Klagenfurt after New Years with a couple of mates, there were some strange limits and road signs in and between the villages in the beginning of Austria, i remember where a village ended and we weren't sure if it's 80km/h or 40km/h limit, was a bit strange

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Funnily enough my best day was Innsbruck to Ljubljana, more specifically Brnik - I provide all of the contract staff to Adria Airways and Solinair who are both based there. Ill probably be over in the next 4 weeks, but Im planning on driving one of my proper cars through the Alps later this year too - business trip expenses FTW

The thing that annoyed me is that I was keeping to the limits through the towns and villages, I honestly thought I had left the town here as there were no houses and no people about. Bastards.
    Last edited by igralec; 15-03-2012 at 11:24.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrodave View Post
    100 euros but no points? it could be worth paying it just to clear the stress, could prove a ball ache if you wanted to go back there otherwise.
    Yeah, you are probbaly right. Still a busienss expense, right?

were you the only one allowed to drive the car? if not, how are you meant to remember who was driving
    Sadly I was the only regsitered driver, already thought of that one

Im going to stick another thread up with the route I took and some video, its just amazing driving country
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    what would be the penalty of not paying it?

Rides
    Personally I'd just pay it, it's not like they can even endorse your licence.

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    PAy it and drive faster next time

100 euros to have a good blast seems fair to be

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    PAy it and drive faster next time

100 euros to have a good blast seems fair to be
    Don't know what the fines are in Austria, but over if it's anything like over here, an extra 10kmh can really hurt, maybe even add a zero to the amount

Rides
    Reply to them and say you've never been to Australia

Rides
    i was told but it may be wrong that if you ignore fines and so on the next time you try to enter that country you will be arrested for non-payment, i would just pay

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-ctr View Post
    i was told but it may be wrong that if you ignore fines and so on the next time you try to enter that country you will be arrested for non-payment, i would just pay
    or not go to austria again?

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
    or not go to austria again?
    Watch the video in the first post, then tell me you wouldnt want to go back, for free.

I think I might have to pay this one then, but I remember where the camera is - Im taking a disc cutter with me nest time muhahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go