Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar Scrolls V Skyrim

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Failing with his weak wiki
    If you bring it to Nelacar, the game states you will only be able to use it to trap "black" souls, and nothing else.
    However, the Black Star acts just like a normal black soul gem and is also capable of catching "white" souls.

Skyrim UESP is where the real info is

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3k1355 View Post
    If you bring it to Nelacar, the game states you will only be able to use it to trap "black" souls, and nothing else.
    However, the Black Star acts just like a normal black soul gem and is also capable of catching "white" souls.

Skyrim UESP is where the real info is

The difference is the Star's use afterwards. If you bring it to Azura, you will be able to use it to trap any size soul except for "black" souls, or souls from other sentient beings. If you bring it to Nelacar, the game states you will only be able to use it to trap "black" souls, and nothing else. However, the Black Star acts just like a normal black soul gem and is also capable of catching "white" souls. Black Soul Gems are the rarest and most expensive of the soul gems, since all black souls are grand souls, so it's more cost effective to take the black soul-trapping version from Nelacar.
    Does that mean with Nelacar's star, I can still catch all souls? Bonus!

Rides
    Yup, best tool for making overpowered anything going.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    Now 'stuck' at a point with one of those weird old hag mages (Hagraven) that spawns 2 ice trolls, this one's going to be tough to beat!
    Managed to get past this by just ignoring the 2 Frost Trolls and running straight at the Hargraven, killing it quickly with some mace and sword double strikes. Then turned to face the trolls and I realised they were stuck together on a narrow bridge so just arrowed one in the head until it fell then took the last one on with ease. Feel bad for glitching it but at least I can move on with the game

Rides
    That's not glitching. That's tactical.

Rides
    I started a new game tonight to try something but ended up finding loads of stuff I haven't seen before, currently running around hunting some sacred crab and wolf, I also have full orcish weapons and armour at level 4, never went behind riften to find it all until tonight so may abandon my other game and just play this one now.

Rides
    Just finished the main quest and found it a bit of a anti-climax.
    Level 54 here without glitching and just got my alchemy , enchanting upto 100 which means I can make some gloves to do 1 punch kills to Dragons.

Rides
    theres a main quest?

this is my only problem with the game, unlike fallout it doesnt make you want to do anything you have no ties to caracters to want to help or join sides ect... as far as your concerned your a lucky bugger who escaped being killed and can absorb drangon souls..

i dont pick the game up ging i need to continue the quest for justice, i start it and think i wonder whats over here.. i might see what this does if i eat it ect..

Rides
    I think you get ties to things to sway your loyalty tho it's alot more subtle than fallout

Rides
    so it looks like they may have closed the alchemy loophole with the last update.. tried it tonight,

made a restoration potion drank it equiped my bracers that improve alchemy, made a new potion which was higher. removed the armour drank the new potion. armour back on to make the next one and no matter what i do it stays at the same %

the only way i can do it now is to make an improved enchanting potion enchant a new set of smithing garments improve my alchemy armour a little and go in a circle like that..

or just play the game normaly

Rides
    Can you play without updateing/patching? Still waiting for Amazon to send mine out

Rides
    It was bad for the game anyway, my weapons and armour that I made proved it, there is nothing in the game with 60 million+ health that does 6-10 million damage in one hit as that's the only way I would have ever died, left the game running during a fight with 2 giants and a dragon whilst I had a fag and made a coffe, came back 10 mins later to find they had not really touched my health so I killed all 3 with a total of 3 arrows, even sniped the dragon out of the air, that was on master difficulty.
    I also spent ages searching a cave then ralised I had 3 mages attacking me but I was completely resistant to all magic so didn't notice until one missed with a ice spell and froze a patch of the wall infront of me.

Rides
    I don't understand the need to remove it from the game though.

Yes it's cheating and you will spoil the game for yourself but then that is your choice. It's not like the game has multiplayer so it's not going to ruin anything there.

I for one miss things like this in games. I used to love finishing a game properly then going back to it with cheats etc just for a laugh. Was going to do the same with this, create some silly armour and weapons then pop them in my chest for times that I just want to piss about.

Seems a bit kill joy to remove it from the game completely.

While on the subject of alchemy, I've only just realised you need to eat the ingredients to find out what the properties are

Also, I think I'm missing a trick with the smithing levelling, I'm spending way more on materials to make the iron daggers than I'm getting back when I sell them. Or is that fine and just something I need to swallow in order to level it up?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheyboy View Post
    I don't understand the need to remove it from the game though.

Yes it's cheating and you will spoil the game for yourself but then that is your choice. It's not like the game has multiplayer so it's not going to ruin anything there.

I for one miss things like this in games. I used to love finishing a game properly then going back to it with cheats etc just for a laugh. Was going to do the same with this, create some silly armour and weapons then pop them in my chest for times that I just want to piss about.

Seems a bit kill joy to remove it from the game completely.

While on the subject of alchemy, I've only just realised you need to eat the ingredients to find out what the properties are

Also, I think I'm missing a trick with the smithing levelling, I'm spending way more on materials to make the iron daggers than I'm getting back when I sell them. Or is that fine and just something I need to swallow in order to level it up?
    i swallowed it

not once struggled for money in the game so have started spending ti on all sorts including iron daggers to get my smithing up to 100
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Enchant them aswell, you will make more money than you can ever use whilst levelling 2 skills, it's even quicker if you have a follower with a soul trap weapon, unload a ton of soul gems on them and they fill them all with 1 kill, think it is some sort of glitch in the programing but I had 100+ black soul gems filled with grand souls in about 10 seconds from a bandit camp near whiterun, took a while to get all the black gems but it made some good enchantments.
    The most economical way of levelling smithing, speech and one of the magic skills is to grab transmute it think it was called, grab a load of iron ore from a mine or buy it then keep using the spell until its all gold ore, smelt it to ingots then make loads of gold rings, buying all the iron at level 1 with no skill an anything will double your money straight away, enchanting it makes even more money, if I decide to start again from the beginning I will do that to make the money for weapons and houses before doing any quests as there is the mine near riverwood and the one with the spell so you can make 10k easy before doing the first quest, from that you can mine ebony at a Orc camp to make the best weapons in the game without doing any quests.
    Last edited by Rapid; 17-12-2011 at 23:41.

Rides
    I don't have a soul trap weapon yet, not come across any at all and I've been searching everywhere I go. So this makes enchanting a little tricky for me sadly.

Any idea where I can find a soul trap weapon?

Rides
    The city on the very west side of the map, built into the side of some mountain has one of the daedric quests which gives a mace with soul trap, a guy asks you about a house to start the quest, the wiki posted earlier in the thread says level 7 to start it but I had the mace by level 4 but it classes my save as 41 now so not sure if it works off earlier games where I was level 81 but got a few broken quests so just broke the game completely with god like armour and weapons then started again.
    I will check that later by going for the ebony mail armour which I know is locked until level 30 from my first game where nothing happens at 29 then I killed 1 random wolf which put me to 30 and allowed me to start the quest.
    That is the only one I can think of with a gauranteed soul trap, all weapon shops sell them but they don't always have them so if you don't want to do the quest you can just check a weapon shop every 2 days in game time until they have one.

Rides
    Cheers mate, I'm level 15 so I'll try out that quest

Really enjoying the game so far, just love the scale of it all and the complete freedom to do anything you want. It's awesome

Rides
    Just found a soul trap sword, so I can finally make my badass soultrap bow. Now I just need to find someone selling a decent Glass bow. I already enchanted the one I had with electric damage!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Just found a soul trap sword, so I can finally make my badass soultrap bow. Now I just need to find someone selling a decent Glass bow. I already enchanted the one I had with electric damage!
    get the perk that allows two enchantments
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper