Thread: My continual problem with mk3 golfs

Rides

My continual problem with mk3 golfs

So before I got the Nissan I had an issue, a vw issue and it somehow continues... Long story short bought one as I couldn't get a mk2 and fell in love 4 mk3's later and I've only sold one...

So plan is full rebuild of one and revive my old one as a daily while I fix my discovery 2.

I'll try post what pics I've got atm but will go into more detail later.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Rides
    updates on this?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by soxee View Post
    updates on this?
    I'll get on the big update today for sure been too long!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Rides
    So so much has changed...

A quick run down would be I ended up selling my discovery 2 and bought a standard discovery 1, the idea of getting the blue 16v mk3 as pictured above fell through and I tried to sell it which I got offered bugger all for it.

So new plan is the discovery 1 is the new daily while I take off the parts I want to keep from the blue 16v and get it how I want to sell it if that makes sence, once done so I'll road it run it maybe a show or two while trying to sell it.

Which will bring me onto the other two mk3s I have sitting. One which is a full rebuild and the other is a father son project, I'll see what photos I can muster up but here's some recent ones I've got of the discovery 1, 2 and mk3 16v.

Rides
    So current plans, the 16v mk3 is next on the list once I fix the S13 and get it home, from there I have a small list of jobs for the 16v

. New windscreen
    . Sort airbag light
    . Sort abs light
    . Patch the small hole in the floor
    . Remove the parts I intend to keep for other projects
    . Paint the scabby bits to the best of my ability
    . Check brakes
    . New handbrake cable

Biggest thing is wheels I really want to keep my borbet A wheels but u don't know if I'll use them for another project... I do like the idea of a set of ssr wheels on a mk3.

Hopefully I get the Nissan fixed so I can move onto this. I have owned it for 7 years and I'm missing driving it now

Rides
    Update:

So got the s13 motd and now it sits on the drive way untill I get more time for her.

The mk3 I got through to my ither shed and it's slowly making progress. So far

. Wheels where purchased
    . Removed stuff
    . Sanding wings down trying a new thing
    . Got my bonnet a good friend painted on just needs sealed
    . Went over the brakes
    . Took headlights apart to clean and tint the inside hi beam as it's a mk3 thing

Progress slowed a bit currently as getting a new log burner in the house just now so funds are limited and I've splashed a lot on the landy.

Enough talking here's the pics you all love.

Rides
    You wouldn't believe it.... Plans changed again....

So the 16v mk3 is now going to be sold to a friend, and other two will continue as is, also bought a mint 1.4cl golf two owners from new just needs tlc engine bay looks like new! I'll get pics fired up ASAP!

Rides
    You are sick

How do you get time to be a dad AND knock about with old motors??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    You are sick

How do you get time to be a dad AND knock about with old motors??
    Trick is to not be a father well father of cars

Rides
    Its all about priorities!

Kids kinda look after themselves when they get to a certain age

Rides
    Haha

I can't even look after myself

Rides
    As long as there are the same number of kids in the evening as there were in the morning i consider it as job well done
    Last edited by MEL; 23-08-2019 at 08:40.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    As long as there are the same number of kids in the evening as there were in the morning i consider it as job well done
    I follow the same rules with my cars....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13spooner View Post
    I follow the same rules with my cars....

My rule is if there are no free spaces on the drive I haven't lost a car that day.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    My rule is if there are no free spaces on the drive I haven't lost a car that day.
    I've acquired space at my work, total car Count currently is 8. My drive holds 3 (missis has one of them spaces)

Rides
    So 16v is waiting for its new owner to hurry up and pick it up, discovery 1 is now for sale due to buying a defender 110 and general shambles.

So I'll back track to track forward...

Mk3 blue colour concept:

Pulled it through into the main shed and started to remove the plastic trims, bad idea it was, probably the worst mk3 I have ever seen, but since its local with all history from New it will be fixed! Pics as follows!

Rides
    Update:

The blue mk3 colour concept has been put back into the other shed after I relised its more than a 5min job for all the welding.

I thought for some reason it was a good idea to mot the 16v mk3 one week before Christmas..... So after every night being a late one I got it in the last Friday before Christmas, failed, abs.

We couldn't find the fult nor the garage who plugged the laptop in, changed sensors checked wires no luck, on the Monday night we got it, a dodgy wire not sending the right current, a quick scotch lock of a new cable and Christmas eve it passed and was on the road!

Rides
    Backtrack:

So as you'd of seen I had a discovery 1, long story short body work got bad quick so I sold it on and bought a defender 110 in the spur of the moment, after having the engine to bits twice and still issues it's safe to say it will be getting sold very soon. Need a derv replacement tho... Looking at shogans swb.

Anyhow we just won't speak about them. What I never mentioned up to this point is my main project (far to much I know)

Mk3 golf colour concept in yellow, one of the rarer colours. The back story is quite shocking.
    So on one late night I couldn't sleep so I hit up the faceballs and came across it, it was in for parts, I after been looking for one for years messaged the seller saying I'll buy the whole car, he replied saying he can't find the keys and v5, he did send me a video of it running when he got it so I know he did loose them.
    He agreed to trailer it up to me for much Cheapness. Well he never showed up.... Few days later one of the mk3 golf pages I run it appears, he sold it to his pal as he couldn't be bothered driving it to me so he sold it to his mate cheaper.

Anyhow I struck a deal with his mate as he was inky after the aircon parts and I got the rest, all of this and I had only seen one crap video and two pictures, it arrived and lord behold it was the original guy who I 'bought' it from who delivered it, after it was off I told him to go **** himself and I looked at what £50 had bought me.... A non running rusty car missing lots of bits, paint was ****ed.

Fast forward I found out it was used in a hit and run and a few other illegal things including being stolen twice, I had little faith I would get the v5 but I did....

Fast forward again and it's been on my roll over jig for a year stripped and getting little work done , I will try add my collection of pics, I should also add this car is where I'm learning how to weld