Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stressed now! How many 200's would i have got for this!

Rides

Stressed now! How many 200's would i have got for this!

I came off the phone after agreeing to buy this,and my smile lasted about 30seconds and turned to what have I done

My last 4 cars didn't add up to this and its the almost the oldest car I've bought for 15 years!
    I must be fecking mad!
    But anyway,enjoy my stress whilst I figure out how many shifts o/time I did to pay for it!

Some pics,excuse the state on it,exhausts are now silver again after 2 hours work!

Last edited by pdh 14a; 21-09-2013 at 13:20.

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    very nice man

Rides
    nice car but i am struggling to justify paying 12k for a daily car as I see them as depreciating assets!

have a look in this months EVO as they list cars that will keep their money best
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Going to be about as interesting to drive as a brick and will prob have suspension made out of iron bars.

Still, likely to be quiet, easy to drive and economic. But i wouldnt.

Rides
    Very nice.

If you can afford it and justify the cost why the fcuk not!

Rides
    Nice, I would have gone for an R34 GTR, E9x M3, 911 Turbo, Aston V8 Vantage...

I imagine it will be pretty soulless and ordinary. It will probably smell nice though!

Rides
    This is a do it all car right? So daily drive, dog transporter, shopping run etc. I think its a great choice. It fits the criteria the chap wanted. If he wanted a weekend toy then he probably would have chosen differently but thats what he wants. Its got some poke to it and if you get bored you can remap easily. I would rather sit in an Audi interior over any BMW. It will go well and handle well in all weathers. I like it

Rides
    It's spending 28k on a daily do all though.

I'd rather spend 8k on a daily and the other 20k on something special that does not depreciate so much and is enjoyable to drive.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Its what he wants so why not? If I had the money and wanted a one car do everything I would probably have a RS6

I personally got fed up having 'toy' spending most of its life sat on the drive why i drove to work every morning in something worth less than half as much, its so much better getting into your nice car everyday and enjoying it He already has a 200 which is his 'hobby' so why would he want another thing sitting in the garage for 300 days of the year?

Nice one Paul, hope it makes you smile
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Thing is there are plenty of much "better"* cars for the money imho.

Both Merc and BMW have just as good interiors if your after German cars, both BMW and Merc make much much much better drivers cars even in there cooking models.
    I never see a modern Audi do well in group tests when they come to comparing handling, ride and enjoyment. The only exception in the R8.
    Audi seem to have the badge though and some of there engines are good. But imho they are behind the other two big German groups in my book.

However its all personal preference, plenty of folk by VAG group cars so must like them.

Rides
    Spending other peoples money is always easier than spending your own because until your in that position it doesnt matter. When its your wedge of cash being put down on something like a car unless your rolling in the stuff you take more things into account than whether you can get the arse out in it around a roundabout or drive sideways down a county road

I have owned S4's, RS4's and now a Merc C63. These arent even my daily drives as i have a company motor. Can i justify owning them? No. Do i need to? No. I wonder how many people that claim they are "boring" and "ordinary" have actually driven any of these cars let alone seriously considered buying one to fit the purpose of being a jack of all trades car

Just saying

Rides
    Its not always about 'better' especially when you are spending that sort of money, its a heart decision Its about what you 'want'

When i win the lottery I am straight out and buying a Lambo, a Ferrari might be 'better' but I dont give a fook

I am sure people thought you could have bought a 'better' car when you got your 200
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Nice, certainly a great cabin to be in

I know you've wanted one for ages, so congratulations for taking the plunge!
    Certainly a good all-rounder, I expect to see it being tinkered with and carrying a couple of bikes post haste

Personally wouldn't be where my hard earned would be going, but we've all got different criteria.
    If I can change jobs/drop the mileage I'll be upping my cylinder count!

Rides
    Come over to Mercedes Guy. You know you want to! lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Stu View Post
    Come over to Mercedes Guy. You know you want to! lol
    Stop it

You and MB-World at Brooklands aren't helping!

Rides
    Lifes short Paul, suck it up and enjoy it.

I'm now firmly in the camp of never spending over £3k on a car and I will be getting rid of my MX5 asap in favour of a Fiesta. At least with that (your S4) it will always be desirable and will do everything. The missus's old TT was a P.O.S, fallling to pieces at 100k and boooooooring.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    If I won the lotto my everyday car would be an rs6 avant. Great choice
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Awesome buddy, looks like a great car to me ive always had a soft spot for the s4.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Very nice.

If you can afford it and justify the cost why the fcuk not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Stu View Post
    This is a do it all car right? So daily drive, dog transporter, shopping run etc. I think its a great choice. It fits the criteria the chap wanted. If he wanted a weekend toy then he probably would have chosen differently but thats what he wants. Its got some poke to it and if you get bored you can remap easily. I would rather sit in an Audi interior over any BMW. It will go well and handle well in all weathers. I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    It's spending 28k on a daily do all though.

I'd rather spend 8k on a daily and the other 20k on something special that does not depreciate so much and is enjoyable to drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Its what he wants so why not? If I had the money and wanted a one car do everything I would probably have a RS6

I personally got fed up having 'toy' spending most of its life sat on the drive why i drove to work every morning in something worth less than half as much, its so much better getting into your nice car everyday and enjoying it He already has a 200 which is his 'hobby' so why would he want another thing sitting in the garage for 300 days of the year?

Nice one Paul, hope it makes you smile
    Thanks guys,you lot have nailed it! I didn't want the running costs of the RS4/6 or the not being able to park it anywhere look. and for those who think this is the same as the old b7 s4,read up on these.with just a map and exhaust they are a proven 410bhp
    Plus I still have the 200 to play with!
    This is the mtb and dog transporter! (Albiet with loads of covers and helicopter tape to protect it) lol

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Nice, certainly a great cabin to be in

I know you've wanted one for ages, so congratulations for taking the plunge!
    Certainly a good all-rounder, I expect to see it being tinkered with and carrying a couple of bikes post haste

Personally wouldn't be where my hard earned would be going, but we've all got different criteria.
    If I can change jobs/drop the mileage I'll be upping my cylinder count!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    Lifes short Paul, suck it up and enjoy it.

I'm now firmly in the camp of never spending over £3k on a car and I will be getting rid of my MX5 asap in favour of a Fiesta. At least with that (your S4) it will always be desirable and will do everything. The missus's old TT was a P.O.S, fallling to pieces at 100k and boooooooring.
    Hope they've improved then lol thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    If I won the lotto my everyday car would be an rs6 avant. Great choice
    Probably would be my lottery car too!
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    Awesome buddy, looks like a great car to me ive always had a soft spot for the s4.
    Cheers mate

I saved hard for this car,and it is my 40th b'day present to myself.i ain't rich by any means. so this will have to last me 10 years +