Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lil EJ's Lil Spec R Aero - "Yuki"

Rides

Lil EJ's Lil Spec R Aero - "Yuki"

Hello! So, a quick intro - I'm Esta (EJ) and I live in Stoke on Trent.
    I am now the proud owner of this lovely S15 Spec R Aero! (I've named her Yuki)

Ive always loved 90s Jap cars and a few years ago I purchased a Mitsi FTO GPX for my daily driver. Unfortunately my commute went from 80 to 180 miles a day so my FTO had to go and a sensible diseasal was purchased.
    As fab as my daily is, Im not a hatch back girl at all, so I gave my sensible head the middle finger and decided to get a weekend car all for myself
    I had 3 cars in mind, R33 GTR V-Spec, Supra RZ and of course the S15. TBH the interiors of the Skyline and the Supra do NOTHING for me, whereas the Silvia ticked every box, I personally think they are beautiful and I love the interiors!
    So, thats when I got in touch with Torque GT, and I asked them to find me a suitable specced car in Japan (always wanted to find my own fresh import!) So long as it was a high grade and in red, white or yellow with fairly low miles I would be happy - I missed out initially on a red one, but then I was quickly found a stunning white one, which in all fairness was probably the better thing for me cus 99% of my cars have been red haha!
    Anyway here she is as I picked her up finally from Torque GT on 6th Feb! In the 4 months between my order and picking her up I'd managed not to tell any of my friends so it was a "ta-da" photo for Facebook so excuse the silly pose lol!

It was also horrible weather that day, couldn't have picked a worse day, high winds and probably the heaviest rain I've ever driven in, but from the journey back I really am impressed with her, looks and performance, I had never driven an S15 andthe several hundred miles to home I got in her gave me the biggest smile ever
    Here's a pic of her visiting my brother in Somerset on the way home from Torque GT, he has the Cappuccino, and the husbands M3 that took me to fetch her. She's parked on the flattest part I could safely leave her haha!

A bit about her:
    She was bought with 80K miles on the clock, grade 4B and the following options:
    HIDs (factory)
    RAYs gramlights 18" alloys
    BC coilovers (apparently like new)
    1 Recaro seat
    Wind deflectors (factory)
    Apex Exhaust

Currently I have a list as long as my arm of things I will be doing to this car, I love putting my own mark on my cars; but as a second car, and one I intend to keep till I die, it will all be done over a long period of time - Ill keep this post updated!

Anyway thats a hell of an intro so sorry for the rambling! Hopefully meet some of you at some events or meets in the future! Stoke people be sure to let me know if there is anything local happening

Yuki's build list!
    CAME WITH
    * Blitz MSTT
    * HIDs (factory)
    * RAYs gramlights 57 Pro 2004MY 18" alloys
    * BC coilovers (apparently like new)
    * 1 Recaro seat
    * Wind deflectors (factory)
    * Apex Exhaust & bung/muffler
    * Aftermarket front anti roll bar (brand currently unknown, green)
    * Aftermarket rear anti roll bar (brand currently unknown, green)
    * JIC Magic front strut brace
    FITTED
    * HKS SSQV4 BOV - dumping to atmosphere...Feb 2016
    * Tegiwa coilover socks...Feb 2016
    * Apex muffler removed...Feb 2016
    * DC2 Recaro front seats...Feb 2016
    * Toad AI606 + exterior proxy...Feb 2016
    * Custom carbon fibre effect gear gaiter with red stitching...Mar 2016
    * Momo Quark Red steering wheel and HKB Boss...Apr 2016
    * Calipers painted blue...Apr 2016
    * Wheels refurbed (polished with candy red spokes)...Apr 2016
    * Engine Torque Damper...Apr 2016
    Last edited by lil specr; 03-05-2016 at 06:03.

Rides
    The day after I picked her up she needed a good clean (as I said the weather was vile and she is white haha!)
    In the glovebox I found a shed load of paperwork!!

After her bath!

Last weekend, as it was Valentines day, I took her out (you gotta take your lady out haha!) These are some photos of her there!

Over this week i have taken the muffler out of the exhaust - she sounds awesome now! Not overly loud but plenty loud enough to hear her under idle, and under full throttle - well! I took her out last night thro a tunnel and I didnt even need to open the windows and I Was deafened lol! Perfect!

I'd also bought an HKS SSQV4 for her too, which I Was going to be good and keep recirced, but I was super disappointed with the noise (well, lack of) and the moaning must have paid off as my husband was home earlier than me one day during the week and changed it so she now dumps to atmosphere! IMO it sounds perfect and I am so much happier with this setup!!!!

Rides
    Today I have taken the front seats out to make space for the DC2 seats I am picking up tomorrow!
    The guy having the drivers seat wants to take it out himself so I have only done the passengers side for now, but here are the before and after vac photos - I am really impressed how clean it is! All the dirt under the seats is just dust!! I am mainly impressed because for the last couple of years my job has involved stripping luxury saloon/SUV vehicles and they'll have usually sub 10k miles on them and the state under the seats was always completely vile! I don't think the previous owner let many people in his car haha

BEFORE:

AFTER:

JUST: The drivers seat is now off to live with L16JAY and his S14a, he's been now so when it stops raining I can vac the other side and she is ready for her new seats!!

Also bled the cooling system as since I have owned her she has run on the warmer side of normal, I thought this was just a trait of the engine at first but according to everyone on the S15 facebook page this is NOT normal lol!
    Bleeding hasnt helped so a few more things to try. I'm not overly panicking as she ran all the way back from Torque GT (250 miles) and ran fine and shes done a few local trips just fine too, theres no oil in water or vice versa, no problems with anything coming out the exhaust either...but she did smell a bit warm last night so I would rather sort it sooner than later!

And the steering wheel fitting has been delayed as the horn lead appears to be missing from the HKB boss kit, which makes me very sad :'(

Rides
    very nice looking example, white is my fav colour for 15s and 14/14a's
    a nice selection of parts on it,I guess the engine etc is fairly standard ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    very nice looking example, white is my fav colour for 15s and 14/14a's
    a nice selection of parts on it,I guess the engine etc is fairly standard ?
    Thanks Andy! Yeh the whites stunning on these, most jdm cars it's a flat white, the pearl really adds something to it
    Yes the engines completey stock, I wanted something that hadn't been messed with so I had a fresh canvas to work with, and also knowing my luck I'd have ended up with something bodged haha

Rides
    Absolutely stunning example and so glad I got to see it in the flesh!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by L16JAY View Post
    Absolutely stunning example and so glad I got to see it in the flesh!
    Aww thank you

Rides
    Looooking good!! A very nice and clean s15.! Glad that you found one in Japan! Hope to see more in the future Goodluck

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift Kef View Post
    Looooking good!! A very nice and clean s15.! Glad that you found one in Japan! Hope to see more in the future Goodluck
    Thank you!! :-)
    I really wanted an Aero and nothing was coming up so Japan made most sense, plus it's like a fresh slate then, no one could say "oh no what have you done to Daves car" or "oh Yeh that's so and so with Daves old car" lmao

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Woooahhhh very nice SpecR !!
    Indeed it came with quite some goodies... lucky girl =P
    DC2 seats should look awesome in there.

Oh... and if I'm not mistaken that was Takahashi Chin-chan's car =D

Rides
    Thanks so much TM Yeh I have been very lucky getting her!!
    I have had a problem with the dc2 seats which has delayed the fitment :'( but I am hoping for an update on this thread tonight!!

Quote Originally Posted by TM_S13 View Post
    Oh... and if I'm not mistaken that was Takahashi Chin-chan's car =D
    Hahaha dammit, so much for a clean slate!! She'll forever be Takahashi's car now

Rides
    Recaro's are a very nice choice, what are you doing for rails? I'm not sure what rails I have in my S13 but I can't actually fold the seats the whole way forward because they hit the sun visor Even though I'm sat on the floor!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    Recaro's are a very nice choice, what are you doing for rails? I'm not sure what rails I have in my S13 but I can't actually fold the seats the whole way forward because they hit the sun visor Even though I'm sat on the floor!
    Thanks zeppelin - I love Recaros and I wanted red to match the theme which will soon take place...!
    The seats came from an S13 on here and as such came with the rails that were attaching them to the S13... I did a trial fit whilst I awaited for the problem they had to be fixed and they do sit higher than the Recaro which was in here originally. Now I see why everyone wanted that seat, it seems to be hard work getting a seat to sit low in the Silvias lol! Either way that seat would also hit the sunvisor when folded forward, but that was useful as I could use the sunvisor to hold it forward whilst I got the baby seat in (it spent most its time trying to ping back and squash me lol!)
    I will report back on what they are like once they are bolted in this evening to see if I do have the same problem as you, hopefully piccies will also be included

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lil specr View Post
    Thanks so much TM Yeh I have been very lucky getting her!!
    I have had a problem with the dc2 seats which has delayed the fitment :'( but I am hoping for an update on this thread tonight!!

Hahaha dammit, so much for a clean slate!! She'll forever be Takahashi's car now

Hehehehe just messin' with you =P
    Let us know how the seats issue is going

Rides
    That is very nice! Great buy

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    very nice car....on another note our last rabbit was called yuki (totally random fact)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    That is very nice! Great buy
    Thanks pdh

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dukey View Post
    very nice car....on another note our last rabbit was called yuki (totally random fact)
    Hahaha awww bless lmao and thanks lol!

Rides
    So, Sunday at daft o clock we went to Kent to pick up some dc2 seats. They were mint and from an s13 with rails too so well worth the miles!
    Unfortunately when I got them home the seatbelt buckle bolt holes were wrecked and neither of the original bolts fitted in them. The passenger side one had no thread at all, so it wasn't quite the quick n easy installation I was hoping for (I was gutted as I had planned to take Yuki to a show that evening!) anyway the next evening my husband worked his magic with a mate and got some bespoke industrial steel helicoils made for me, 3 hours later he came home with the seats...and buckles safely installed!! Needless to say I was over the moon and got the seats installed.
    They look awesome and overall I am very happy with the result. From the front however the seats are leaning away from each other, so I think the rails will need modding or maybe new ones, I'm not sure, but at least now I can drive her again whilst I decide what to do!! Yay!!

Rides
    So update with my car - can't remember if I mentioned it on here but my drivers side wind deflector went missing somewhere between the docks in Japan and the importer, so because I really like them and I hated that she was rocking around with just one I ordered another pair from Japan. £200 and about 3 weeks later they arrived whooooo!
    Here are a couple of photos to mark this amazing day