Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: my car rebuild thread

Rides
    very nice, like the undertrays

Rides
    the diffuser looks great, good work!

Rides
    thanks for the nice comments, its made from 1mm ns4 aluminium which is very hard yet light, get it free from work [ordered some extra sheets in for a job as you do ] next job is to join the front to the back just working out a heat vent for the gearbox and dif through the boot, the exhaust will be lagged

Rides
    sounds good and looks nice n professional... just don't close the exhaust in too tightly, as my mate was working for a carbon company and they made a prototype diffuser that was a little too close for a porsche turbo and it kinda had a minor case of terminal fire ...maybe carry the ducting from the gearbox etc around the exhaust too?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by joney View Post
    sounds good and looks nice n professional... just don't close the exhaust in too tightly, as my mate was working for a carbon company and they made a prototype diffuser that was a little too close for a porsche turbo and it kinda had a minor case of terminal fire ...maybe carry the ducting from the gearbox etc around the exhaust too?
    im making a 'cup' to enclose the bottom of the exhaust leaving an air gap to aid air flow, and it will be lagged with 25mm thick superwool [ceramic] also im a sheetmetal worker by trade

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-ctr View Post
    im making a 'cup' to enclose the bottom of the exhaust leaving an air gap to aid air flow, and it will be lagged with 25mm thick superwool [ceramic] also im a sheetmetal worker by trade
    that'll be why it looks so good then! glad you won't be making the same mistake as my mates' boss!

I'm looking forward to seeing the finshed product... hopefully soon me and my brother will ahve enough progress done to get our own thread going; it's making me jelous seeing all these projects underway when so far our car is just in bits!

Rides
    fitted a egt probe boss for the vems and it gave me a good reason to remove my old exhaust wrap and check for cracks on my diy topmount and found none

just starting the re-wrap in blue to match my samco's

Rides
    That manifold looks just like mine, although the turbo might be a bit higher

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    That manifold looks just like mine, although the turbo might be a bit higher
    i copied a picture of a well known manifold cost me less than £100 to make 4mm thick so its a bit heavy

Rides
    Great work so far buddy. Just a suggestion but will you support the turbo any further like the YB cosworth peeps do (supports from the cam cover) ?

Kris

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 200krisx View Post
    Great work so far buddy. Just a suggestion but will you support the turbo any further like the YB cosworth peeps do (supports from the cam cover) ?

Kris
    its that rigid it does not need supporting, anyway its re wraped and ready to go back on, ran out of blue so had to finnish it in white

Rides
    and if you look close you will see i have drilled the nut and stud after tightening with a 2mm bit and wired them, no more lose nuts

Rides
    Love the compressor housing wrap

Rides
    having flu has slowed progress but a managed to make this

so i could fit this

down there

thats the main water pump 110Lpm
    also fitted new brake pipes and fuel lines

Rides
    love that pump - are you planning to run an electric power steering pump too?
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jrtuning_ben View Post
    love that pump - are you planning to run an electric power steering pump too?
    that's the main pump i have a smaller one circulating water around the engine/heater matrix and don't give me ideas i have enough to do to get it back on the road

Rides
    that's the main pump i have a smaller one circulating water around the engine/heater matrix and don't give me ideas i have enough to do to get it back on the road
    aaahhhh......its just ive been looking at it as a possibility for mine in the future

if you did it first it would make my life easier

the second pump circulating around the heater matrix etc......is this tid into the radiator also?
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jrtuning_ben View Post
    aaahhhh......its just ive been looking at it as a possibility for mine in the future

if you did it first it would make my life easier

the second pump circulating around the heater matrix etc......is this tid into the radiator also?
    the small 13Lpm pump just pumps around the engine/matrix the secound big pump operates off a thermo-couple fitted into the rad feed pipe from the rhs of the head [funny shaped casting which has the turbo water pipe fitted to it]
    and has a digital adjustable controler

all 3 items on this link http://www.daviescraig.com.au/main/display.asp?pid=26

Rides
    fuel tank fitted along with pump, just need to connect it up

Rides
    fuel tank fitted along with pump, just need to connect it up

how many litres is that tank? cant be too good for long journeys lol