Thread: Wrongly accused of having no insurwncr

Rides

Wrongly accused of having no insurance

Hi guys I'm looking for a little advice here.

I was pulled over early this morning for apparently not having any insurance. I was pulled at quarter to 1 in the morning on my renewal day. Since then I have found my certificate which clearly states that I have insurance (see photos) and I have also confirmed with my insurers by phone that there isn't any problem on their end :S The whole things pretty bizzare really, I'm hoping its just a glitch on the police system. Has anyone experienced this before? Luckily they let me drive home but I have to go in to the local station with my docs

Last edited by jdmsam; 04-05-2015 at 12:49.

Rides
    I wouldn't worry about it. Just show them the certificate and be on your way

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Yeah go to the station with your documents and speak to them and it should all go away

Rides
    I normally keep the documents in the glovebox nowdays, I've never had a problem but a friend insured with tescos has on a couple of occasions.

Rides
    Cheers guys. I usually keep the docs in the car at all times but where Admiral has gone all electronic I had a PDF on my phone of the old Certificate. I didn't think at the time to go online and get the new one. I was to worried about keeping the car!

Rides
    But the certificate shows it ran out out yesterday at 11:35 and you said you got pulled this morning! ???

Edit: Your Fine, i was just looking at the first one !
    Last edited by hooky; 04-05-2015 at 17:12.

Rides
    I'd put money on it being Admiral being useless and not updating the MID. They didn't put my car on it for over a week, and only did so once I phoned up and had a go. Apparently they're meant to do it within 3 days, clearly they didn't care that much lol, was even more annoying as I'd renewed with them, wasn't even like I'd just switched!

Rides
    you will be fine, just produce docs as requested.

Rides
    My friend got pulled over once and the policeman was shouting at him "this is your mothers car and your not even on the insurance"

To which he argued "its MY car and its MY insurance"

This went back and forth until something came on his radio about a scooter and he said

"Its your lucky day, get out"

Rides
    I got pulled over recently for apparently no tax or insurance. The policeman phoned my insurance to find they had the wrong reg but they said i was covered anyway so that was ok but they still impounded my car for no tax. I had to re tax my car and pay £100 to release it. A couple weeks later I got a letter demanding back tax from when i bought the car to when i got pulled over so i payed that about £98. Then a couple weeks later i got a fine come trough for £244. I thought **** this so looked at my bank statement for when i bought the car and the day after i bought £150 of tax at the post office. I sent this back to the dvla along with a letter and they said they will refund me the £100impound fee and for the back tax.
    So to sum up they are ****ing useless and rely completely on their computers to find people breaking the law.
    Last edited by kxruss; 04-05-2015 at 20:36.

Rides
    Well I went down there today with my certificate and surprise, surprise - I was correct and I in fact do have insurance. Apparently because of the bank holiday the system wasn't updated. Got to love their efficiency..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmsam View Post
    Well I went down there today with my certificate and surprise, surprise - I was correct and I in fact do have insurance. Apparently because of the bank holiday the system wasn't updated. Got to love their efficiency..
    Who's 'their'?

Please don't think for one second the insurance industry wanted the MID, or that they enjoy having to comply with it.

Rides
    'there' - police station.

Just glad it's over, it put a bummer on my bank holiday.