Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RX7 prices?

Rides
    Wow, thanks for all the heads up I didn't realize they weren't the best. I've seen one of their cars in person and it looked immaculate and I've seen another on youtube. Their FB page makes them look really good too with all the GTR's they fix. I'm glad I mentioned it to you lot lol. I'll either find a car myself or more likely bottle it and go JM imports as that's up north.

Rides
    Just a small update on this. It looks like I'll need a budget of £35K to get a very good Type RS which is what I want. I've got a bit more saving up to do.

Rides
    Do you really, really want an RX7? Because for that amount of money (granted they would depreciate) but you could net yourself some pretty rad cars. 718 Caymen would top my list there.

Or is it like an investment toy?

Rides
    I really want one lol. I could get one cheaper in UK with mods that's a bit tatty but normally I'm a sensible person, I'm on property ladder already and want to spend inheritance on something I really like.

Rides
    Fair man, best reason to buy then

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    I really want one lol. I could get one cheaper in UK with mods that's a bit tatty but normally I'm a sensible person, I'm on property ladder already and want to spend inheritance on something I really like.
    I think it's an ace idea and, realistically, if you buy right, you won't lose anything.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    I think it's an ace idea and, realistically, if you buy right, you won't lose anything.
    Just to be clear, I didn't think it wasn't a cool as heck idea. It's just I didn't know if it was more important to get an RX7 over getting anything else in that range that might be fun. The Rex won't depreciate though, I'm sure.

Rides
    Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like you were framing it that way

Rides
    Haha it's ok man, I just thought I hope he doesn't think I'm being a cnut.

Rides
    The only advice I'd offer, Danielle, is not to be drawn into paying so much for the RX-7 that you later realise you could have had something else for the money.

I've done it myself. I started after one car at 15K and ended up looking at them at 65K before I realised I could get a different make of car for 35K that I'd not really imagined I could ever justify.

Its just an idea but if you put search criteria into Autotrader/Car Classics with no make and model and a price range of say 30-35K and RWD and petrol (or whatever will meet your needs) you might be surprised at what comes up. I know I was. You can then go hunting for the right car with a more relaxed price range.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Its just an idea but if you put search criteria into Autotrader/Car Classics with no make and model and a price range of say 30-35K and RWD and petrol (or whatever will meet your needs) you might be surprised at what comes up. I know I was. You can then go hunting for the right car with a more relaxed price range.
    This, very much this. The £35K RX7 drives and looks exactly the same as the £8K RX7 you didnt buy 10 years ago but everything else is 10 years better, and in the case of newer cars 10 years further through its depreciation.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    And both these points are exactly why I sold my R32 GTR. Because it was chunky money compared to 10 years ago and it was a weapon, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as cars around for the same money.

So I bought a non-running S14 to make my own on the side, and when that's done I'll buy something modern to go with it.

Rides
    All valid points, I will definitely regret not buying one though. I have thought about the fact I could get an S15 for a lot less which is tempting as they are rocketing but I feel it's an itch I need to scratch. I also regret giving the ex so much money and not buying one years ago but hey ho that's life.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    All valid points, I will definitely regret not buying one though. I have thought about the fact I could get an S15 for a lot less which is tempting as they are rocketing but I feel it's an itch I need to scratch. I also regret giving the ex so much money and not buying one years ago but hey ho that's life.

Since someone had the minerals to stick a 15 they'd bought 3 weeks earlier up for £27,500 on Facebook this week, I don't think £35k for a decent RX7 sounds like bad value at all.

Rides
    Bought 3 weeks earlier for £19k might I add lol. That's the controversy.

Rides
    Near thirty big for a car with an SR in it. I'd have kittens at the thought.

Rides
    I hope it was made from gold.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Came across this on a mates FB ........... £4K for an RS 6 years ago
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Near thirty big for a car with an SR in it. I'd have kittens at the thought.
    It’s not even the most expensive one. There’s a silver one on eBay at the moment for £29,999.

The thing is, they won’t sell. They’re not selling. But the notion that they might inflates the market as with everything.

Rides
    Yeah RX7's were a lot cheaper just a few years ago. I don't know if they shot up because Americans can buy them? I wouldn't say they are in short supply in Japan.