Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: WOT No EU Referendum Thread?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    I
    So you are claiming that Charles Dickens was the first person to use the word gammon as an insult for overweight middle aged white people with a red hue ? That just sounds like more of your snowflake nonsense, do you have any evidence to back this claim up ?
    Yea it was in Nicholas Nickleby, he wrote it in the 1830's.

I'm not a liar,

the initial point I was making is that the vast majority of leave voters knew what they were voting for
    No, I've quoted you twice and the point you made was very clear.
    The Government sent a leaflet promising many things.

They did not, that was factually incorrect and never happened.

You mistook a leaflet from one of the leave supporting group for something endorsed by the government of the time, thats pretty foolish really.

Rides
    If 10 - 15% of people voted UKIP, that's 10 - 15% of British voters who were pretty much unrepresented in the European Parliament because much of the time key votes were being made, UKIP weren't even there to vote, yet drew 100's of thousands in Salaries and expenses...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    That has nothing to do with the EU. Greece has been in trouble since forever because the greeks just decide to pay taxes when they wanted too. Spain and Italy have always been poor

You do realise it is not hte Bundesbank that is bailing out countries but the ECB, so the burden is on all the EU. But when our banks failed the burden was on us..... Are you forgetting Austerity?

You do have a point with the EU losing Billions, but we would too. Just some of the EU countries would rather screw us over at what any cost

No you are incorrect, Greece is in the EU and there joining the EURO has amplified their financial problems and as such has everything to do with the EU.

Spain and Italys are in the EU and their financial problems have been amplified since joining the EURO so again it has everything to do with the EU.

The EU project is failing massively just take a look at the youth employment levels,I posted a link in an earlier post ,
    we are best to jump ship before we get dragged down with it.

Rides
    take a look at the youth employment levels,I posted a link in an earlier post ,
    Taken from the same site you can see growth in the last couple of years which is predicted to continue into the future.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...gdp-in-greece/

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post

You mistook a leaflet from one of the leave supporting group for something endorsed by the government of the time, thats pretty foolish really.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that Charles Dickens was the first person to use the word gammon as insult towards middle aged white people with a red hue ? Sounds like remoaning snowflake nonsense to me.

So we have established your understanding of english is not very good,you know very little about politics or finances on the EU, and would appear that you make stuff up about Charls Dickens, very good

The reason why I used the leaflet as an example was to make the point that the vast majority of leave voters knew exactly what they were voting for.

Now are you going to address any of the other points I have raised or are you going to hang on to the one mistake I have made and proceed with more of your remoaning snowflake nonsense because as we now know your argument is very weak and based on nonsense due to your lack of understanding.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 20-09-2019 at 10:09.

Rides
    Taken from the same site you can see growth in the last couple of years which is predicted to continue into the future.

No, Incorrect that forecast does not factor in the NO DEAL scenario and the EU losing Billions.

Rides
    Now are you going to address any of the other points I have raised
    Respectfully, that's a very rich thing to say when you're ignoring ours, mine in particular. How do you think Brexit makes your life better? Do you not recognise that any EU losses are shared across 27 parties vs. the UK having no one to share that burden with?

You should drop the use of 'remoaner' and 'snowflake'. The hypocrisy of crying about 'Gammon' as much as you are but continuing to chant 'remoaner' and 'snowflake' is choking me. Let's all start to be civil.

Edit - it is neither reasonable nor accurate to say that Brexit voters knew what they were voting for in the first referendum beyond leaving the EU. There was no consensus in the circumstances of that position, that is exactly why we are this political mess.

The only people that could make that claim would be remain voters, because they were experiencing first hand the status quo and knew that would carry on.

The Brexit vote, whether you like it or don't, was made up of people voting in their mind for No Deal, Free Trade Deal with the EU, Norway +, Canada + and a multitude of other positions. JLR identified no fewer than FIFTY scenarios of which people may have voted and the implications therein.
    Last edited by piman2k; 20-09-2019 at 09:41.

Rides

No, Incorrect that forecast does not factor in the NO DEAL scenario and the EU losing Billions.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Respectfully, that's a very rich thing to say when you're ignoring ours, mine in particular. How do you think Brexit makes your life better? Do you not recognise that any EU losses are shared across 27 parties vs. the UK having no one to share that burden with?

You should drop the use of 'remoaner' and 'snowflake'. The hypocrisy of crying about 'Gammon' as much as you are but continuing to chant 'remoaner' and 'snowflake' is choking me. Let's all start to be civil.
    No, incorrect, I have addressed all the points you and your boyfriends have raised, it is there for people to see.

I have told you already I do not know how Brexit would make my life better because I can't see into the future, I voted leave because I believe in democracy not because I thought it would improve my financial prosperity.

Yes agreed there are 27 nations in the EU but most of them dont have any money so the wealthiest nations make the biggest contributions, The UK is the fifth largest economy in the world and we will have no problems looking after our own.

The word gammon when used in that context is racist.

The word snowflake is the generally accepted term for someone that voted remain.

The word remoaner is the generally accepted term for someone who does not accept the result of the referendum.
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 20-09-2019 at 10:08.

Rides
    No hang on a second Leon, stop throwing around insults. Take a chill pill and come back to the discussion like a normal person. Let's not throw our weight around.

Now, you didn't vote because you believed in democracy, you voted because you live in a democracy. The argument about democracy being enacted wasn't even a thing until after the result and had we left immediately, would never have come up.

You must have had reasons that made you think 'Yes, if I vote out, there's a good chance X and Y will get better for me'. All I'm asking is what is X and Y. Voting to improve your financial prospects would have been perfectly valid. I just want to know why you voted Leave.

The UK is a big economic power yes, no disagreement there. But such a chunk of it's economic success comes from one market, the EU single market. To assume it would still be as influential following deliberately making that customer harder to trade with is naive.

Now I'm not splitting hairs, but:
    • Snowflake is not a term for someone who voted remain. That's a Remainer. Snowflake is a generational slur usually chucked at people who get insulted easily. Stop using it.
    • Remoaner is just another slur on the Remainer word.
    • It's Brexiteer. Or Remainer. No slurs required. Stop using them now and I'm sure R3K1355 will stop using Gammon

This is an interesting topic, but needs levelling.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    If this can’t be civil I will close the thread.

Leon you can’t get upset by one phrase when you are calling people’s sexuality in to question along with other slurs.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion however, if you are unable to fully quantify your own throwing insults isn’t the answer no matter which side of the fence that you sit on.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    It's literally the most active the forum has been in months, so please don't close it

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Fair comment

Edit: I will continue to keep an eye on it though to make sure it doesn’t get out of hand.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I have addressed all the points you and your boyfriends have raised, it is there for people to see.
    Homophobic much??

Rides
    Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that Charles Dickens was the first person to use the word gammon as insult towards middle aged white people with a red hue ? Sounds like remoaning snowflake nonsense to me.
    or you could try reading the book??

Sounds like pig headed Gammon nonsense to me.

and how do you imagine the forcase will look then genius??

You seem to know more than the people who have made them.

Now are you going to address any of the other points I have raised or are you going to hang on to the one mistake I have made and proceed with more of your remoaning snowflake nonsense because as we now know your argument is very weak and based on nonsense due to your lack of understanding.
    Pretty sure everyone has, it's either childish rubbish, mis-information or downright lies.

The word gammon when used in that context is racist.
    It is not, despite your whining to the contrary.

Rides
    It's Brexiteer. Or Remainer. No slurs required. Stop using them now and I'm sure R3K1355 will stop using Gammon
    Why? I've not actually used it yet.

To be honest I don't need to do I.

Rides
    Actually read the Urban Dictionary- Gammon "A term used to describe a particular type of Brexit voting, europhobic, middle aged white male...."

Rides
    Oh and Google translate translates ad hominem into "Gooseberry"

Rides
    No hang on a second Leon, stop throwing around insults. Take a chill pill and come back to the discussion like a normal person. Let's not throw our weight around.

Now, you didn't vote because you believed in democracy, you voted because you live in a democracy. The argument about democracy being enacted wasn't even a thing until after the result and had we left immediately, would never have come up.

You must have had reasons that made you think 'Yes, if I vote out, there's a good chance X and Y will get better for me'. All I'm asking is what is X and Y. Voting to improve your financial prospects would have been perfectly valid. I just want to know why you voted Leave.

The UK is a big economic power yes, no disagreement there. But such a chunk of it's economic success comes from one market, the EU single market. To assume it would still be as influential following deliberately making that customer harder to trade with is naive.

Now I'm not splitting hairs, but:
    • Snowflake is not a term for someone who voted remain. That's a Remainer. Snowflake is a generational slur usually chucked at people who get insulted easily. Stop using it.
    • Remoaner is just another slur on the Remainer word.
    • It's Brexiteer. Or Remainer. No slurs required. Stop using them now and I'm sure R3K1355 will stop using Gammon

This is an interesting topic, but needs levelling.

Are you for real ?

You are now telling me why I voted leave, wow; you remainers really are something else.

No, I have told you already, I voted leave because I believe in democracy, I do not find the EU's version of democracy acceptable.

You have just shown a trait that is very common among remainers, you base your understanding of others on your own morality, objectives and principles, everyone is different, some people vote on principle or belief some people vote on ideals some people vote for financial gain, it would appear that you think all leave voters voted leave because they thought they would be better off, this is incorrect and highlights a massive lack of understanding and perception.

I know many people that voted remain including my wife and she voted remain because she was scared that we would be worse off, as in " its not broke so why fix it "

I have found this to be a very common trait among remainers.

I haven't said the UK will be more influential, as I can't predict the future, I will say is that we have a huge economy and many trading partners throughout the world so we could become more influential, the Uk has a 93 billion pound deficit on trade in goods with the EU, this means we spend 93 billion pounds more on their goods than they spend on ours, which means the EU would be decimated if they started a trade war with us as they are already on the brink of recession.

Rides