Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cusco 2 way LSD fitted!!

Rides

Cusco 2 way LSD fitted!!

anyone got cusco LSD fitted, just fitted mine today and it's making noise when doing low speed or reversing. i heard abt this before i put the LSD on but is it suppose to sounds that loud? sounds like something cracking on the back espacially going backward. i got 2 way Type RS.
    cheers

Rides
    quick question but did you run it in properly ?

Rides
    A mate of mine has a cusco diff on his 300 and he says it rattles and clanks until it warms up!!

Rides

Rides
    umm interesting you live and learn, must admit the break in procedure will leave you a bit dizzy!

Rides
    2 way mechanical diffs make really horrible clunking noises especially on low speed moves like reverse parking. It's just a fact of life
    James

The Driftworks Control System 2. In Stock Now!-------------------- What is Drifting?

Rides
    yep heard this aswell that 2 way diifs are noisy!!

newclearbomb...are you making a prototype s13 diff??

Rides

i think i need to get it run in properly!!

got to looking for some place to do the figure 8 though. coz, the noise only comes out low speed cornering and reverse parking. i can feel one side of the wheel is locking when doing low speed cornering or reversing if i put my foot down on the corner, it feels very smooth.
    anyone know what's the different between Type MZ and RS?
    thanks a lot guys!!

Rides
    It's completly Normal, don't worry about it, just deal with it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by purple_S13
    anyone know what's the different between Type MZ and RS?
    MZ has more aggressive lock up properties than the RS, because the RS uses a spring mechanism to provide the locking effect, therefore its slightly smoother in application. The RS is the top line of Cusco LSD and its the longer lasting of the 2. The MZ is just crazy, if you think your RS is noisy... Holy god, an MZ can scare people from 50 paces by just rolling back and forward!

But again, the more you bed it in, the quieter it should get, but it will always make noise. The day it stops making noise is the day id probably be worried! (and dont forget after you bed it in, you are supposed to change the diff oil again)

Paz

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sammysideways
    newclearbomb...are you making a prototype s13 diff??
    I'm sure, yes. Once the S14 ones are sorted
    James

The Driftworks Control System 2. In Stock Now!-------------------- What is Drifting?

Rides

thanks a lot guys!!

was a bit worry coz, it's my first time change the LSD
    feel better now, went out to bed in tonight feel much smoth now...but still clunking!!!! trying to get use to it now...driving in the rain is kind of pain.....but cornering feel really good and get side way very easy!!

Rides

Where did you buy it from?

And how much was it?

Rides
    Sounds gooooood, I will hopefully be able to offer some opinions as my cusco RS 2-way should finally be finished tomorrow (hopefully the sounds from the diff will hide some of the other noises)

I got mine from co-ordsport, took nearly three months to get here!!!! - direct from cusco but cant complain as my mate used to work there so I got a discount.

Rides
    Anyone got an experience or know anything about Kaaz diffs? Are they any good?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PazzaAE86
    The day it stops making noise is the day id probably be worried! (and dont forget after you bed it in, you are supposed to change the diff oil again)

Paz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazz Web Site
    Please do not think that chattering noise is normal when using a mechanical L.S.D. If you follow the correct installation and break-in procedures, the noise will be gone from your L.S.D. in no time.

Rides
    Hands up anyone who has a 2 Way Clutch type LSD that is 100% silent? I rest my case.

Bren, Kaaz LSD is excellent. Of very high quality, the 16 plate one is almost solid... Great for drift.

Paz

Rides
    What about the 1 or 1.5 ways. What are they like for track and outright handling ability rather than drift?

I.e. would they be ok for our S13 or S14 or would we end up sideways everywhere?

Im more into track than drift at the moment

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PazzaAE86
    Hands up anyone who has a 2 Way Clutch type LSD that is 100% silent? I rest my case.

Bren, Kaaz LSD is excellent. Of very high quality, the 16 plate one is almost solid... Great for drift.

Paz
    THats what i thought!

how much are these bad boys and does it cost a fortune to get them fitted and setup?

Rides
    bren, alot of track cars have 2 way diffs. from what I've seen the number of plates (or the adjustment of the breakaway torque) makes much more of a difference to the way the car drives than having 1.5 or 2 way

I reckon you should order 3 of the 16 plate diffs, one for yourself, and then take some plates out. then split them between me and james how much can you get one for? or a cusco MZ 2 way? I've got cash saved up for one ya see, 'cept I've only saved up enough for one at real world prices, not what most UK companies think they can sell them for! haha pm me if this would be breaking the rules

and Paz is right, I'm not sure why the Kaaz website states there shouldn't be any noise. concensus seems to be that Nismo are the only quiet diffs (by mech LSD standards)