Thread: Wiring into front doors

Rides

Wiring into front doors

Having decided to run my front speakers from a seperate amp, how on earth do I get my nice chunky speaker wire into the front doors? I cant get the wire to feed into the rubber sleeve thing between the car and the door.

Is there an easy way to do this or some kind of trick of the trade that i'm missing?

Thanks.

Cambridge (beats the sh*t out of hatfield)
    Rides
    I've just poked a screwdriver through the rubber seal and run the cable through it..

i know its not perfect, but the hole is small enought so the rubber is pretty tight round the cable.. if you're wirried rub some silicon sealent round the cable..

james

Rides
    I managed to get em thro the sleeves - it aint easy and there's no short cuts really, but it can be done

Cambridge (beats the sh*t out of hatfield)
    Rides
    omg! actually, yes.. i do remember doing this.. i poked it through in the end.. i think i was remembering another car i've done

yeah.. its a real bas.tard, and kept getting snarled half way through the sleeves, which means you have to take it out and start again.. just persevere..

james

EDIT.. btw, i was thinking of by brothers primera, where the ducts are so tight you cant poke the cable through.. was pissing me off not knowing where i remembered that from

Rides
    Thanks guys, looks like a fun filled night of poking wires for me then!

Rides
    I was doing this last week- plenty of WD40 did the trick for me.....

Rides
    I did this at the weekend for my power mirror wires.

Take the door trim off, peal back the plastic in the top corner near the mirror, look arround and you will see the end of a popper coming from inside the door , push this back in, now take the speaker out for access.

Pull the rubber gromet out of the door and wing (that popper you removed earlier gives you some lack now).

Tape the wire to the end of the screw driver and push through the gromet from the door side (do not try and push from inside the door, you can easily put the wire inside later), now the wire is through the gromet push the wire through the wing in to the car (if you have small hands like me, or a friend with small hands grab the wire from the inside and pull ),putting the gromets back in requires a bit of spit arround the edges to allow it to go in easier, start with the gromet on the car body at work the side that you can't see in first.

I found it much easier to do the passenger side after doing the drivers side.

With the passenger side you need to remove the glove box,2 screws at the bottom and it just falls out, now look in and to the left you should see a hole positioned behind the gromet, its the same on the drivers side just not possible to see it (so my tip is learn from the passenger side first).

I was able to do the passenger side in about 10mins doing it the way i described,the gromet you might find a little tricky but don't give up.

Once you have the wires in and are putting the door back together remember to put the popper i mentioned earlier back in.

Also you would be wise to put something on the metal stip that stop the door from opening too much as its normaly covered in grease, i wraped a kitchen towl round mine.

Hope this helps, someone might want to add this to the sticky thread as it might come in usefull.

C.
    Last edited by Cookie; 25-05-2004 at 06:49.

Rides
    Thanks Cookie, great tips there. I didn't get chance to go at the doors tonight because I spent all night building a shelf for my amps instead. But tomorrow I will do as you suggested!

Just hope my new Head Unit gets here on time now