Thread: Central locking door switch cabing

Rides

Question Central locking door switch cabing

I have managed to fit my new head unit, and all is well once again.

Dan, thanks for the info on how to remove the dash.

the head unit has got RFP alert on it, which is a kind of car alarm that patches into the central locking and arms itself when the doors are all locked. The only problem is I do not know which cable to connect this blasted thing to.

Any one know which cable controls the central locking?

Thanks again,

John.

PS How the hell do you remove the grills from the factory fit speakers. I know I am crap before any says anything, ok? Have tried prizing the grill off with a screw driver, just don't want to break anything.

------------------
    1997 Damson S14

Rides

Cool

John, The grill is not actually attached to the speaker but is attached to the door trim. When you take the door trim off the grill will come with it. The speaker is attached to the metal of the door via a plastic baffle.
    It works quite well as you can upgrade the standard speakers but it still looks standard.
    As for the wire colour, I'll check the workshop manual today if I get a chance.

Rides

Talking

good job you didnt prise too hard then John?!

Rides

Lightbulb

Damn straight Chimp!!!!!!

Kinda makes sense why they wouldn't come off then doesn't it....

Thanks once again.

John.

------------------
    1997 Damson S14

Rides

Originally posted by Mannie:
    John, The grill is not actually attached to the speaker but is attached to the door trim. When you take the door trim off the grill will come with it. The speaker is attached to the metal of the door via a plastic baffle.
    It works quite well as you can upgrade the standard speakers but it still looks standard.
    As for the wire colour, I'll check the workshop manual today if I get a chance.

Mannie,

Have you managed to find which cable controls the central locking?

Thanks,
    John.

------------------
    1997 Damson S14
    Clear fs indicators and new head unit.

Getting there slowly...

Rides

Sorry can't help you with the wire colour. Went through the Workshop manual that I have on CD, printed a load of pages off, stuck them together only to find they don't have the wire colours on them.
    The only one I could find was the main door lock system wire coming out of the I gnition relay is White/Red.
    Try looking at the harness plugs down by the drivers side kick panel.

Rides

Mannie,

Thanks for looking ans getting back to me..
    I will have a look for the cable, let you know how I get on...

Thanks Matey,

John.

Rides

Question

When you lock the door power is supplied to the following:
    Drivers door
    driver door lock actuator terminal 3 (blue/white stripe)through smart entrance control unit terminal 5 (blue)
    passengers door
    passenger door lock actuator terminal 3(blue)through smart entrance control unit terminal 4 (blue)
    Ground is supplied to
    Drivers Door
    driver door lock actuator terminal 1 white/purple stripe)through smart entrance control unit terminal 3(white/purple stripe)
    Passenger door
    passenger door lock actuator terminal 1(white/blue stripe)through smart entrance control unit terminal 2(white/blue stripe)

The smart entrance control unit ia above the fuse box in the drivers footwell.

Does it need a constant supply when the doors are locked or just a switching voltage?

The info on the door locks is on EL-169/EL174 in the service manual.

------------------
    David Cater
    1995 S14
    K&N,Mongoose.
    200SX Man...Standing against trev'd up cars everywhere.

[This message has been edited by David_S14 (edited 30-05-2001).]

Rides

Talking

David,

Thanks for the reply, I will need to consult the rather large manual that came with the head unit. Have got it all fitted and working apart from the alarm thingy. Will look at the rules and see how this works. I think is registers when the doors are open and when the car is locked.

Thanks,

John.

PS David, You happy with your mongoose? Am after something fairly speed ramp compliant and something that doesn't rust. Have heard bad things about Jan speed and some of the big bores appear to almost scrape the ground.
    ------------------
    1997 Damson S14a
    Clear fs and side indicators and new head unit. Blitz SUS filter thingy enroute!!!!

[This message has been edited by JohnD76 (edited 30-05-2001).]

Rides

Yep, luv it.
    Does not seem much lower than the standard exhaust. Nice sound (not to loud but wakes up nicely when you boot it),it's a full system with cat replacement pipe included (four bolts to swap the moggy back in come MOT time). Made a big difference to the car (mostly loosing the CAT probably). Pulls cleaner from low rev's and doesn't drop off so much at higher rev's. The only slight problem I know of is that when fitted it hangs slightly to one side so it can come close to the edge of the cut out in the rear bumper. I think Nathan was going to open his cut out by 10mm to stop any possible contact but mines not that close.

------------------
    David Cater
    1995 S14
    K&N,Mongoose.
    200SX Man...Standing against trev'd up cars everywhere.