Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry ..............

Rides

Unhappy Sorry ..............

When I first found SXOC bb, I found information about my car and a healthy community who were involved with helping each other with advice, support (practical and otherwise!) and friendship.
    IMO you cannot get the best out of people unless you have an element of fun. This element was here on this bb in plenty and was mostly constructive and creative which helped in the general spirit of things. Sure there were times when I read something and thought it was useless rubbish, but then I could choose not to read it. Usually it died a death quite quickly.

The bb has technical problems ATM as I understand. Maybe part of the problem is the amount of posts? Maybe part of the answer is thought to be to reduce that number? There are undoubtably fewer posts here now.

Maybe this Non 200 chat section is why some people come so regularly to this bb. I have many unanswerable questions and I don't want to alienate people.

All I can really say ATM is how I feel. Others may well feel the same.

I feel that the bb has changed dramatically in the past few days to the extent that I no longer feel welcomed. This was surely not the intention and I could be accused of being a tad sensitive - so be it, but I'm only describing it as it is for me.

As part of a crowd of people posting in here I felt I could occasionally contribute. I may not appear to be but I am a bit shy of making a fool of myself - it's easier when others are doing the same. To have a post of mine deleted, which is now (but wasn't before) a distinct possibility, would be like a rejection. I don't want to risk that, so I shall not be posting here again until I feel safe to do so.

I shall look in from time to time, maybe ask a question or two in the technical section. I shall continue to go to meets and such for the time being as I have no wish to burn my boats. I have made a lot of friends here and would not wish to lose touch.

Whatever has happened here I would just like to say - DON'T THROW OUT THE BABY WITH THE BATHWATER!

BTW I am a fully paid up, S13 owner/member who has always been willing to help out anyone with a problem ( Draven, Jacko, aBoiij & Leon to mention just a few), go to most meets etc., so if I have a problem yet have been willing to speak out, how many have been chased away that you don't know about?

Sorry Leon!
    Last edited by Girlracer; 29-02-2004 at 18:57.

Rides

Havent noticed a change personally, but ive only been here a few weeks.

Personally i think this is a great forum and possibly one of the best ive come across before.

You are an established member though and dont see why you feel alienated, the more menmbers the merrier for me so stay

Rides
    Eh?? Whats changed to make you feel unwelcome? What was the post that was deleted? Posts arent normally deleted unless there is a good reason.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    I'm really sorry that you feel that way GR - we don't often encounter each other on the same threads but what I have always enjoyed what you have had to say or found it useful. .

Well, until this thread, that is.

You're right the fun element is what makes this section of the BB and it's certainly one of the reasons I keep coming back.

I know that other people feel the same way as you and have been put off posting.

Rest assured that I will continue to post as inanely as ever. I don't actually care about post counts- I just want to join in and have some fun. And I don't give a stuff about having posts deleted and threads closed - I'm quite used to rejection.

Hope you change your mind though about not posting.

Rides
    Shite posts get closed, so if you dont post shite it wont get closed

So i guess what you are saying is only the shite posts are funny I'm sure we can all have fun without posting worthless crap in here, so dont see your problem ???????
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Originally posted by SteveCarter200
    Eh?? Whats changed to make you feel unwelcome? What was the post that was deleted? Posts arent normally deleted unless there is a good reason.
    No posts of mine have been deleted. I just feel that with the new rules for this section, I might easily post something and get it deleted. A bit sad of me perhaps, but there seems no leeway ATM.

I don't know what will be acceptable and what won't.

It feels a bit like in school: where you could get told off and not even know why?

Rides
    Originally posted by Nismo Mark

So i guess what you are saying is only the shite posts are funny I'm sure we can all have fun without posting worthless crap in here, so dont see your problem ???????
    Your words, not mine.

What you perceive as useless and what I do MAY be two different things, however, it is your attitude that feels uncompromising and THAT is what challenges my desire to participate here.

Rides
    So i guess what you are saying is only the shite posts are funny
    I don't think that is quite what Girlracer is saying. And it is that sort of attitude that is putting people off.

The atmosphere has most definitely changed - threads that have been running for ages and ages have suddenly been deemed shite - why are they shite now but weren't a month ago, or the month before that?

Edited - beaten to it by the woman in question.

Rides
    They are not new rules, they have always been here its just been a bit slack recently and gotten out of hand.

If you post something with content and not total shit like 'for lunch today i had' then you will be fine

Anyway so what if your thread gets closed, you will then know what isnt acceptable and just carry on with your life, i cant believe that having a post closed would have such a dramatic effect on you
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I must admit that the discussions there have been recently about Non200 have made me think about what I post and I think have made me cut down on a lot of the shite I posted before.

However, I've found that others appear to have done the same (with one or two notable exceptions) and that there are now more threads in here that are WORTH contributing to. Proper discussions again about all variety of things.

I don't think the threads that have been branded as shite recently and closed were done so unfairly and over the last couple of days I've begun to see a return to what Non200 was all about say 12 months ago.

Maybe I'm alone in this, I don't know.

I'm saddened that you feel the way you do though Girlracer, as I enjoy reading your posts. I don't think any of them could have been described as shite and therefore worthy of being closed. Just posts that provided humour or gave pause for thought and a reason to discuss matters.

However, the fact that you feel this way clearly shows that matters need to be further explained by the mods as to what their interpretation of acceptable or non acceptable posts are in this section.

Rides
    Ah, the Nismo-hilter-himler-musallini-sadam-stalin-bush-blair-Mark regiem continues

Rides
    its not possible to list everything that is acceptable or not acceptable, we just ask you be sensable and adult and post things that have an interesting content and are worthy discussions.

If you find someones lunch preference interesting then you obviously need to get out more

Over the last 3 days there has probably been around 10 pages posted in here with about 5 posts getting closed, its hardly a major crack down is it
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I'm with you JB, the last few weeks has seen a remarkable amount of pure bollocks being posted.
    Infact I've seen decent threads fooked up with pure bollocks such as this one...

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...threadid=79147

I'm not saying that I never post bollocks. I do, regularly.

Rides
    Originally posted by JB
    I don't think the threads that have been branded as shite recently and closed were done so unfairly
    Neither do I to be honest, but as someone who wasn't on here twelve months ago, it does get confusing when posts that have been running continuously since then get shut down now.

I'm not arguing with the need to, just looking for clarity, like so many others it would seem.

Rides
    Also I think we need to make a distinction between shite and shite. I personally enjoyed all the shite Ant used to post. It was harmless, made you laugh, and added something to the boards. Though I could never understand how one person could have access to such a bank of useless links and information

Rides

got out of bed on the wrong side again did we. the words "up, jumped, little and hitler " spring to mind with the way you have phrased everything in this thread

Rides
    Originally posted by Aitch
    ...it does get confusing when posts that have been running continuously since then get shut down now.

I'm not arguing with the need to, just looking for clarity, like so many others it would seem.
    Ditto. I still really enjoy posting on here though. Sure some threads get locked, but they've generally run their course or are indeed complete shite.

I sometimes feel that when a thread is closed then maybe a reason should be offered rather than just posting "shite", but more times than not it's just not needed.

Haven't been around much in the last few days though as I found that I actually have a life in the "real" world but I have noticed maybe a small downturn in the number of posts...

At the end of the day I feel that this place wouldn't be the same without a little shite every once in a while. Ya know just for a damn good laugh

Jut

Rides
    Originally posted by tim rome
    got out of bed on the wrong side again did we. the words "up, jumped, little and hitler " spring to mind with the way you have phrased everything in this thread

Not at all, i just think the whole world over reacts when a post gets closed like their life is over and there are a number of people that dont seem to have a life outside non200.

Yes this is a great place to be and very friendly but some people take things far too personally and serious IMO.

I think a reality check is required and people to lighten up a bit. I'm not a misrable person, i'm a happy person.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Originally posted by Jezz_S13
    I'm with you JB, the last few weeks has seen a remarkable amount of pure bollocks being posted.
    Infact I've seen decent threads fooked up with pure bollocks such as this one...

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...threadid=79147

I'm not saying that I never post bollocks. I do, regularly.
    Obviously I have to defend that thread, as I am implicated here. (Again).

That thread is a perfect example of good banter in between the thread topic, and of an international nature, bringing the corners of the world closer together.

And it will also be a topic of conversation at the next NW meet, rather than standing around looking at things under bonnets that I don't understand.

Rides
    Also what about the members that have complained there is too much shite in here and any technical help required ends up 3 pages back by the end of the day. Are we as mods supposed to disregard their concerns ????????? You cant please everyone so who do we please !!!!!!!!! Fooked if i know
    Mark is right.