Thread: Digital camera help

Rides

Question Digital camera help

Ok .. I have never owned a camera in my life.

But time as come to get one ... all I need it to do is take pictures / sound clips / short video clips for websites, so I guess I dont need one with 500000000000 pixels, but I would like a good zoom on it.

The big question is what to go for ... have trawled through magazines and websites but there are hundereds of cameras, I am totally lost .. I also dont really want to spend more than 200 - 250

Any one got or know of a camera that fits this sort of bracket that would recomend ??

Thanks guys and gals

Rides
    ahh cheers FRH

Rides
    I've got a Konica Revio KD410z it is an excellent little camera, 4 mega-pixel. I used to have a more complex Olympus C4040z that had lots of manual features that I never used, it was also quite bulky. So I got the little Konica top camera and very stylish and very small too! My mate has the similar spec Canon Digital Ixus 4MP pixel camera that is slightly more expensive and there is no difference whatsoever in image quality (paying for a name). If you want a small camera with a larger zoom lense I think you will have to get a Pentax Optio 450 or 550 these have a very big zoom lense 5x 37.5 - 187.5mm in a very small camera. You can get other cameras with bigger lenses but they will be of a bigger physical size. The Pentax's are not cheap either, depends what features you think are required, I was quite happy with a 3x zoom 39-117mm so I got the Revio. Just looked on a decent website that sells them and it has dropped to 199 quid

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/

Steal for that ! The Pentax is not that cheap on there though! But other people will obvioulsy recommend others too! Always bear in mind when you buy a digital camera you will have to budget an extra 50-100 quid for more memory as they come with sod all, a case, and maybe a spare battery (I got one for mine and never use it!)