Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fitting guide for Traction Control (s14)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    What's a serial port?

I'll look at h-dev just now, i actually think i really need traction control
    It's a great bit of kit .

Launch Control sets an adjustable artificial rev limit (say 4000 rpm) so when you activate it you put your foot to the floor, the revs stop at 4000 rpm and the boost rises so you're on boost as you launch. Best used with clutches that you can slip though.

Full Throttle Shifting is achievable with the use of a switch on the clutch peddle, and the system just drops the rpm to an adjustable preset level, so you don't lose boost closing the throttle.

Finally, you get free Traction Control with the unit .

Edit - It's easy enough to fit and tweek Steve . You'll be able to do it with some help from the if you get stuck . Like the others have said, you need a laptop to set it up properly, but an old laptop with a serial connector is cheap enough these days .

Also, the system won't save you from stupid mistakes - If your entry speed into a corner is too high, you'll still end up coming off .
    Last edited by xR33; 16-01-2009 at 10:12.

Rides
    just thought you might like to know theres a TC group buy about to end. Only a few more needed for a bigger discount

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=391911

Rides
    I'm guna bump this rather than starting a new post, is there any chance or more info about installation as the pics arent working? (Dated 2004!!) Rerally dont wanna get halfway through this, balls it up and be left without the car atm.

Unless someone in Somerset fancies lending a huge hand? lol

Rides
    2 years on and I still havent fitted it! Anyone have pics of the install or want to come lend a hand?

Rides
    Bumping this. Anyone got pictures, or is there another thread of the install?

Rides
    Another wanting pics also