Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fitting guide for Traction Control (s14)

Rides
    yes but it's not teh nissan s14a specific one, just a general fitment guide, thanks for the reply though

Rides
    Followed the guide and got it all installed today

Had a slight panic about which injector went where but then realised it didn't really matter as there was no set order on there.

Have got a slight issue with slightly different wheel speeds as I get up to higher mph. might be cos rear tyres are almost bald and front ones are fairly new looking. perhaps thats it.

But all works to teh point that I know it just needs tweaking as and when I get time. Thanks for the 'How To'

Rides
    Can anyone tell me if i can still use this on an S14 that i have removed the ABS on. The car is running an S14A ECU loom but not sure about the ABS Loom. The ECU and all wiring to it (the entire loom that runs down the passenger side) has been removed along with the ABS pump but the plugs that go into the ABS pump are still there at the moment along with the sensors on the hubs?

Thanks

Rides
    as long as teh sensors are still on the wheels thats all it needs really
    Just wire it up, don't think it really matters if you still have teh abs ecu

Rides
    cooli guess its just a case of finding the correct wires at the plugs
    cheers

Rides
    Any chance of a re-up of these pics - they seem to have gone awol.

Rides
    You don't really need pics TBH. As long as you're confident with a soldering iron, you won't have any problems. The ABS ECU needs 4 wires soldered to 3 wires and the 4 injector wires get cut and connected to the two cables left. It'll take about 2/3 hrs if you do it all neatly.

Rides
    I was just thinking about this fitting.

Do you need to wire the traction control to all 4 corners of the car, where the ABS sensors live,
    or can you just connect it all up at the ABS ECU where all the sensors must connect?

I was wondering the same with the injector side of things, can you connect to them in-car, or is that
    under the engine bay only?

I am just missing the whole point, and getting totally the wrong end of the stick with regards fitting?

Rides
    ABS wires just tag in where the abs ecu is in the boot. The Injector wires go by the ecu and the go "through" the traction control, i.e. you cut the wire to an injector and you stick the traction control in the middle. It's a really easy job tbh. I did it in no time at all using this guide.

Oh and there are only actually 3 ABS sensors so two of the sensor cables from the abs loom go to the same place

Banned
    Rides
    Where can this traction control system be bought? And how effective is it?

Rides
    I bought mine from Jez, and yes its very effective, well it is once you set it up right
    Get it with launch control....

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I bought mine from Jez, and yes its very effective, well it is once you set it up right
    Get it with launch control....
    H-Dev?

Since no-one seem's to be buying the 14, i'll not be getting the 15 so i'd be as well to buy bits for the 14

Rides
    Yeah, H dev... was about 550-600 quid with LC.
    Remember to set it up right yourself you really need a laptop with a serial port, as it has software that comes with it.
    You can use a digital controller though but i still think the software is the best way to configure it.

Rides
    I bought mine from a member on here

Jez was selling his own set for not too much recently, might be worth asking if he still has it.

It's racelogic traction control, check their website and google for more info

It's the same system the Gumpert Apollo had on top gear season 11 episode 6

Banned
    Rides
    Yeah, H dev... was about 550-600 quid with LC.
    Remember to set it up right yourself you really need a laptop with a serial port, as it has software that comes with it.
    You can use a digital controller though but i still think the software is the best way to configure it.
    What's a serial port?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I bought mine from a member on here

Jez was selling his own set for not too much recently, might be worth asking if he still has it.

It's racelogic traction control, check their website and google for more info

It's the same system the Gumpert Apollo had on top gear season 11 episode 6
    I'll look at h-dev just now, i actually think i really need traction control

Rides
    If you do buy it get someone to fit it for you then as its quite technical...

Banned
    Rides
    If you do buy it get someone to fit it for you then as its quite technical...
    I think i'm more than capable of wiring in a traction control unit

Rides
    Ben - All the wires connect to either the Engine ECU or the ABS ECU. The digi-controller needs power too, so I wired it into the fuse holder for the RLTC control Box.

Edit - S13 ECU and ABS ECU pinouts. Tried and tested .

The ABS ECU has 4 wires to be connected to it. Red, Blue, Yellow and Green, one for each ABS Sensor, BUT as the S13/14s only have 3 sensors, two of the wires need to be connected to one sensor. In this case, the Yellow and Green wires are connected to the rear sensor.
    Last edited by xR33; 16-09-2010 at 11:58.

Rides
    You deffo need a laptop though, not all teh settings are available in teh digital controller, I use a pc with a usb - serial cable as most laptops don't come with a serial port anymore. As for being quite technical...I don't think it is as long as you are used to playing aroudn with things. If you are a total no go and don't even know how to change your own oil etc then best get somebody else to do it. You at least have to be able soldering iron really.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    I think i'm more than capable of wiring in a traction control unit
    No offence, but you have just asked about networks in the other part of the forum and asked about serial ports.
    It requires about 15 cable splices into the main ecu for the injectors and other bits and bobs, it also requires connections at the abs ecu.
    Then you have to program it with the supplied software.
    If i were you i would get someone else to do it, i have a background in IT and it still took me a wee while, and mine is still not 100% as i have tweaks to do to the wheels speed sensors.