Thread: Another 'Will these fit' thread! 8J front, 9J rears standard arches?

Rides

Another 'Will these fit' thread! 8J front, 9J rears standard arches?

Hi guys,

Its new alloys time for my S14a!

Wondering if these will fit? I currently have the standard alloys with some 20mm hub spacers. They stick out nice and level, looks wide enough. Am wanting the same for my new alloys, although am unsure of the standard alloy offset?

Am looking at a 2 X 8X18 5X114 ET40 & 2 X 9X18 5X114 ET40.

Am I right in thinking 225/40/18 tyres would be ok all round? to give a nice stretch on the rear?

Am unsure how a ET40 offset looks? but like I say I have my spacers should they need pushing out more?

Any help & advice would be great.

Rides
    I've got 8.5's on the front and 9.5's on the back of mine, with 225 tyres and Nismo shocks, no spacers. Sits nicely.

both ET35 I think.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rodstuart View Post
    I've got 8.5's on the front and 9.5's on the back of mine, with 225 tyres and Nismo shocks, no spacers. Sits nicely.

both ET35 I think.
    hmm. ive got BC Racing coilovers? Would ET40 mean they stick out more? or less?

Not too good at this stuff bare with me! you got any pics?

Cheers

Rides
    It's bloody confusing, lower offset means it goes out further, IIRC you want ET20ish on a S-body to clear suspension parts (Obviously varies between coilies etc)

I could be talking out my arse! Shall post in a bit as I need to find one on the work computer lol!

I'm sure someone much wiser shall be along to correct me

Rides
    Standard wheels are ET40.

Those wheels sound a bit crap TBH, the offset is too high and the wheels themselves are too skinny, get some wheels that are a decent fit, then you can sell on the spacers. Also stretching a tyre on a 9inch rim is going to look a bit daft. Have a look for the wheel thread on here, think it was started by Ben Taylor, that will help you decide what sizes to go for etc.

Rides
    my rears are 9.5 et32 18's no problems, no coilovers yet though..

Rides
    Ok, so If I got wheels that are ET30 with my 20mm spacers, itl be an ET10 fitment? Which should be fine? 9J rear and 8J front? should clear coilovers and not hit arch?

Rides
    17" x 8.25 fronts
    17" x 9.75 rears
    PCD(s) 5x100/ 5x114.3
    et25

Hows that guys? that be a much better fitment? then 20mm spacers if I want?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    A 9j et10 would probably scrub a little on standard unrolled arches. They would fit easily without the spacers on the rear but be a little sunk in the arches. A 10mm spacer would work IMO. Again it depends on tyre size. Either way it'll be easy to get them to fit.

8j et10 would fit the front with no problems at all.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    A 9j et10 would probably scrub a little on standard unrolled arches. They would fit easily without the spacers on the rear but be a little sunk in the arches. A 10mm spacer would work IMO. Again it depends on tyre size. Either way it'll be easy to get them to fit.

8j et10 would fit the front with no problems at all.
    am now looking at 9.75J ET25 rear. so they would fit fine? and could possibly push them out 10-20mm to get them out wide?
    fronts are 8.25J ET25 would they be fine with 20mm spacers to clear coilovers?

cheers for your help mate.