Thread: Prices for lowering a s14

Rides

Prices for lowering a s14

Hi traders,

Need some prices on the bellow probably wont by till after christmas but if the price is right maybe?

going to lower my s14, i am running 18" dont know the offset will find out asap so i can find out how much i can drop her by. she done 67K so prob going to need:

Springs, shocks, camber correction dono if need front and rear and il prob need new struts but not sure if you can give me a price for them.

do your best guys.

Luke

Rides
    Or you could just use the springs I have on mine. Ask Vez how low mine is and I've no camber correction and no tyre or camber problems at all. Just set up on a 4 wheel laser alignment system.

I can supply them and they're £160 + carriage.

Or you could just throw a Tein NA kit on there at £825 or £895 if you want it flow quicker.

Thanks

Rides
    Very tempted.

got any pics of your car.

are you running yours on standard shocks.

my wheels are slightly cambered anyway so i reckon there gonna need to be sorted.

as my shocks have done 67k do you reckon they would be up to droping the car.

do you go to the half way house meet?

Rides
    Got a set of Ebachs 2nd hand on mine with standard shocks, total cost £100 and a bottle of JD, massive improvement

Rides
    is it safe to put lowering springs on standard shocks. especially if they have done 67k ish. and did you fit themm your self or how much did it cost u to get them fitted im wondering if i could do it. although il need a spring compressor.

Rides
    As long as your shocks are in good condition, 67K shocks can be just as strong as 20K shocks, depends on their history. I have 57K on mine and they're fine.

It's not difficult to do, you will need spring compressors about £20 IIRC.

I got a board member to do mine cos I'm lazy hence the bottle of JD in my previous post

Rides
    Im not sure if mine are to clever how do you check?

any ideas where i could get spring compressors or someone or somewere to do it cheep.

Rides
    Driving it will give you an idea, unstable or uneven feeling within the car, also the simple pushing on each corner of the car to see if they bounce, I can't even push compress my shocks by hand so they're in pretty good nick.

Halfords do the compressors, but if you post on the board for someone to help in your area, you may get some cheap labou, btw i think JackaL has a 2nd hand pair of eibach springs

Rides
    cheers for the info il do a bit oof resarch and make my mined up

Rides
    There's loads of pics of mine in the gallery mate, one should show the ride height. On standard shocks, have done 55k now.

Rides
    u cant really see ride hight as its shady and you cant see where the tyre and the arch are. i know im a piccyy ars*hole sorry.

and how much do the springs drob it by???

Rides
    Is the one below any clearer, lowered on standard shocks with eibachs

Rides
    Believe it or not, it's meant to be 25F and 30R but it's slightly more we think.

Rides
    this may be me stupid but wats 25f and 30r???

most springs i have seen mentchion a lowering in milimeters like 30mm

and cant really see not got anythink closer

Rides
    25mm front drop and 30mm rear drop. my car is the same age as yours any my shocks were completely f ked. Have a look at the shock and if it looks wet or covered in oil then it needs changing, i had no oil in my rear shock!

Rides
    oh yea my bad im such a tit.

and yea i better have a good look.

cheers for the advice

luke

Rides
    I've been wondering about this route, until I can afford some coil-overs in the spring. I'd prefer a bigger drop, though, perhaps about 40-45mm, so would probably need camber adjustment.

Would you mind pricing me up some options for this, guys?

Cheers

Rides
    Yep, That was Moi!!!

Not too difficult a job, couple of hours work if you've got some decent tools.

Spring compressor is a must.

Mr 200sxer here got a superdeal as the springs were on my car for less than a year and I fitted them for the price of a bottle of JD!!! I normally charge £50.

Looks like I'm gonna go full circle again - will be offloading my HKS Hipermax II coilovers soon - so if anyone's interested in cheap coilovers, heres your chance.

Pimpdaddy - most garages will charge IRO £150 to change the suspension - I've been down to Elite in Rainham a few times and ended waiting like 4 hours - but they do a wheel alignment too in that time though.

IMO its best to get a wheel alignment done about a month after you've installed the springs once they've settled to the right height.

Also - I've got a set of Standard shocks that've done about 30K miles I need to get rid of too soon if you're interested.

Originally posted by 200sxer

I got a board member to do mine cos I'm lazy hence the bottle of JD in my previous post

Rides
    how much for the standard surrspension could be interested