Thread: Gizmo v4 electronic boost controller

Rides

Gizmo v4 electronic boost controller

Evening all, my Gizzmo appears to have died... Started the car up today, heard the usual solenoid noise on ignition turn but no screen on the controller itself. Just blank... Have wiggled some wires at the back to no avail and disconnected reconnected but nothing. It's been installed since 2018 (by Horsham) and been faultless until now...

Wondered if anyone had any ideas / knew of any companies that would service it if I sent it away? Would rather not have to go to Horsham as it's a 4 hour round trip. May post this on the FB site too as it's pretty tumbleweed around here of late...

Rides
    I’m sure Horsham would fix it if you sent it to them

Rides
    Cheers Paul, yes I’ve called them just waiting to get hold of Jez. Also have been in touch with Ray Carter at Gizzmo Melbourne Aus. and they will also repair it and send it back retaining all settings just charging for postage! So will see… seems balmy to send it to Aus but it’s very reasonable of them.

Rides
    Is there an in-line fuse as that sounds more likely.

Rides
    Well it's funny you should say that Paul, as today I had a messge from Ray at Gizzmo saying my controller checks out fine. So I'm thinking now it must be a wiring issue or fuse or even earth. Mine is wired to the ignition so on the first turn the Gizzmo would light up and be functioning. Could it be fuse related? I've checked all the fuses in the drivers footwell and under the bonnet, paying particular attention to the one's marked ignition. All look fine...

Everything else appears to work fine... which has me scratching my head.
    Last edited by pb63; 05-04-2024 at 17:06.