Thread: Water in drivers footwell !!

Rides

Water in drivers footwell !!

After all of the heavy rain the last few days, I got up to find this swimming pool in the drivers footwell.
    The passenger footwell is bone dry. The car is parked nose down on my driveway. Last week I did find the carpet to be wet in a spot. But nothing like this.
    Poking around under the dashboard and everything looks dry. I can't see any signs of where the water is getting in.

Any ideas? Windscreen seal/ rust hole in the scuttle? Are there drains in the scuttle that can get blocked?

- How do you remove the plastic scuttle panel cover? Does the bonnet have to be removed to take it off?

I want to remove it and see what I find under it.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    My window seals leak like nowts right. Do you have a good seal round them? Bit more accessible

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant teSte View Post
    My window seals leak like nowts right. Do you have a good seal round them? Bit more accessible

The side windows? There was no sign of wetness on the door card. Does yours be wet?

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Will try to get pics tonight dude

Rides
    Thanks!

Rides
    I took off the scuttle cover today and found no obvious signss of rust or holes. And it wasn't blocked up with dirt and leaves. I poured about 2 litres of water into the drain cavity and it drained out under the car as expected. The bottom of the windscreen looks good from what I can tell. Sso I'm no closer to finding the leak. :-(

Rides
    Try getting some smoke pellets, light a few and put them in the car on a plate or something non flammable. Then look for smoke around the outside such as door rubbers, screen seals etc

Rides
    With the scuttle panel still removed, I hosed down the driver's side roof drain, door and down the windscreen into the air cavity. And I did not get any water into the cabin. Hmmm...
    I didn't hose down the passenger side. On the passenger side there is this cover, does anyone know what it is for?
    I didn't take it off as I don't want to disturb it's seal unless I have to. But then again, if the seal is leaking, could this be the entry point?