Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you want from the forum/club

Rides
    Just been through the traders section and to me it looks like we just need to start from scratch ��
    Opie oils offer discount codes for every yt, insta famous person any way so their not even a massive benefit any more!

Rides
    Help with the rising cost of everything!!! But I'll accept just my mortgage being paid. Thanks!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Just been through the traders section and to me it looks like we just need to start from scratch ��
    Opie oils offer discount codes for every yt, insta famous person any way so their not even a massive benefit any more!
    Some of the traders on there aren't even in business anymore

Emporer Garage
    DriftBitz
    Race Systems

Rides
    And get this thread moved into the proper area:

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....e-illumination

Rides
    In the S14 Technical section now

Rides
    I loved this place back in the day. I haven't been about for quite a few years now but am thinking about dusting off the old 14a (yes, I still have it) and trying to find someone who is a dab hand with a welder.

I'm affraid I don't have any suggestions on how to move the club forward but I will have a think about it and let you know if anything springs to mind

So glad SXOC is still going though

Rides
    Great thanks!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by RSendout View Post
    I loved this place back in the day. I haven't been about for quite a few years now but am thinking about dusting off the old 14a (yes, I still have it) and trying to find someone who is a dab hand with a welder.

I'm affraid I don't have any suggestions on how to move the club forward but I will have a think about it and let you know if anything springs to mind

So glad SXOC is still going though

Welcome back
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    There is nothing much common between S12 and S13. Crankcase less oil squirts and gearbox b/c?

S12 is on a 300ZX Z31 chassis. S13 is a cut and shut A31 Cefiro floorpan.
    US S12 had a V6 from ZX for final year, S13 much more difficult to fit a V6 as the Cefiro only came with inline engines.

S12 has trailing arm rear suspension on a subfame that has 2 mounting points and a diff hanger. S13 has multilink, subframe has 4 mounting points.
    S12 has a weak R180 diff. S13 has R200(V).
    Springs on rear of S12 fit in buckets on trailing arms, separate shock. S13 coilover.

Rides
    I was thinking that the different S chassis technical areas should be kept separate. It just makes finding info harder if they are combined.

Rides
    The last time we had a meaningful topic in S12 was 2017. It matters not to me, it was merely a suggestion.

Doesn't appear to matter anyway as nothing is actually happening as far as I can see.

Skyshack, S13 Q also had R180 diffs.
    Last edited by piman2k; 26-07-2023 at 13:29.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    The last time we had a meaningful topic in S12 was 2017. It matters not to me, it was merely a suggestion.

Doesn't appear to matter anyway as nothing is actually happening as far as I can see.

S12 section is where all the bots go to die

Rides
    It doesn't matter how active or not it is, technical info for an S12 should remain in an easy to find separate S12 section if we are to think of it as a resource for information.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Welcome to the world of great ideas but no one to carry them out. I believe only two people can make the changes or at least know how to and I’m not one of them sadly. I guess that’s the problem when things are run on a voluntary basis.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post
    S12 section is where all the bots go to die
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCooke
    Welcome to the world of great ideas but no one to carry them out. I believe only two people can make the changes or at least know how to and I’m not one of them sadly. I guess that’s the problem when things are run on a voluntary basis.
    I've offered to help chap, and tbh, you could make the forum changes. All you need is someone to make you an Admin for the PHP. The set up is a graphic user interface and text, you don't do any code or anything. Can knock up a PHP board in minutes.

Offer of help is here.

Would also be worth noting that this reinforces the points in the other topic that we have a myriad of admins and moderators who just aren't here anymore. While no-one is ungrateful for the job they've done in the past, it's now time to move on.

Edit - weren't you saying someone was already looking at taking us out of PHP land?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Truth.

I've offered to help chap, and tbh, you could make the forum changes. All you need is someone to make you an Admin for the PHP. The set up is a graphic user interface and text, you don't do any code or anything. Can knock up a PHP board in minutes.

Offer of help is here.

Would also be worth noting that this reinforces the points in the other topic that we have a myriad of admins and moderators who just aren't here anymore. While no-one is ungrateful for the job they've done in the past, it's now time to move on.

Edit - weren't you saying someone was already looking at taking us out of PHP land?

I’m not disagreeing with you at all, I’ve offered to stamp aside myself recently. I’m lost with any form of coding mate. I was forced to do programming at college and since then have avoided everything remotely similar like the plague as I simply hate it all. That was over 20 years ago now.

Edit: speaking with ste they are potentially looking at new forum software and a clean up soon. That’s all I know

Rides
    Honestly chap, the PHP board doesn't need coding. To make new forums, move old ones etc, it's all like drag and drop. You fill in a form that creates the board, you could do it, I promise you.

Who do we need to escalate it to?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Honestly chap, the PHP board doesn't need coding. To make new forums, move old ones etc, it's all like drag and drop. You fill in a form that creates the board, you could do it, I promise you.

Who do we need to escalate it to?
    Ste and Jim are the tech guys. Just spoken to ste and it’s more positive than I realised so fair play to the guys.

Rides
    It's a tough one isn't it. I still visit most days, but I rarely engage. I just lurk and read, keep a tab on some projects, that's about it. I don't use it as the forum I once did. In part probably because I don't own a 200.

So in direct answer to your question Chris, what needs to change? A nice S14a for £5k would be bloody lovely. Then I'd be back on the forum haha.

But in the real world, I think the forum remains great, it's just a natural death of a) the forum concept but b) the dwindling number of cars and enthusiasts. Comparably very few 200s left now, the recession period utterly ravaged the stock with cheap ownership for young lads to destroy them - this is, I'm afraid, a fact.

It's an amazing resource and needs to be kept in some way, even after the forum itself dies, as a resource for the last remaining cars.

Rides
    This is exactly the point I think many of us are making. The acceptance that it will never be a bustling social hub again is universal, and we have the Facebook group now that will push the social aspect forward.

We need to tidy up and trim down what's here so that new buyers or restorers are going to have an easy time navigating a very simple forum for all the information they need.