Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you want from the forum/club

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    There is an admin email but doubt that’s been looked at for a while. Admin@sxoc.com iirc
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Just chirping in because I thought I had replied already and...well that's a been a fail, sorry folks.

I have an actions list to make suggested changes. Just need the time to sit and do it carefully (moving and archiving forums is something I haven't done in about 10 years and I don't wanna screw it up) In recent weeks between work and 3 kids off school, apologies that hasn't happened yet.

Kids go back to school on Tuesday but before then I have 4 days of lairy work ahead and hopefully after the weekend I can get some kind of momentum on making stuff happen here and take the point from this convo forward.

Thanks for the input and the passion and for your patience.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Rides
    All good Ste, appreciate the feedback. For me it's not about someone just doing what you're doing, which sounds mammoth, it was more making sure the Committee is on board. But it seems you, Chris and Doc are the only Committee members actually on here regularly.

If we can help as members with anything, pipe up!

Next thing is the moderators and super moderators, we have mods who haven't been online since 2017....

Rides
    Chris, if we don't have committee meetings, who runs the finances from the membership fees? Just curious as the membership money can't just go on the server hosting etc?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Chris, if we don't have committee meetings, who runs the finances from the membership fees? Just curious as the membership money can't just go on the server hosting etc?
    There really isn’t a lot of money coming in anymore, especially with the lower membership fee. Doc looks after the money side.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    That's sad! I had hoped there'd be a kitty to go and get help with the bits we need. Booooo.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    There is some money, not a massive amount. I believe we have well under 100 members currently for reference.

Rides
    Last edited by Silane; 07-10-2023 at 10:17.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    That's sad! I had hoped there'd be a kitty to go and get help with the bits we need. Booooo.
    There is a kitty, theres actually quite a fair bit in there, we had previously agreed to use it to try and keep this site and its knowledge live for as long as physically possible (i.e. until the money ran out)

As far as "looking after" the money the account is still in my name and I have access but we havent paid anyone for ages, its just kinda sits there.
    Ive not really been an "active" commie for ages (got a business to run innit) but dont mind keeping access to the bank, its obviously a bit of a tricky one as there is potential for it to go "missing"
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    That sounds sensible to me though, didn't come to challenge it, was just expressing interest. I don't think anyone's worried about you running off with the wedge, yet

Rides

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post

EXACTLY what I was about to post
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    How we doing? Can we at least look at knocking out the traders that don't even exist?