Thread: Need some advice please

Rides

Need some advice please

Hi, my mum has a 200sx automatic and as she’s now in her 80’s it’s too big for her. She wants to sell it but is worried about getting ripped off. The last garage visit said it needed new fuel pipes and some work on the front wheel to do with the suspension. The garage said it would cost £3000-£3500 to get it fixed but that the rest of the engine was in good condition. 9 the garage is a small concern and didn’t have the room to do it ). There is also some rust bubbling on one of the doors. Please could anyone give me some advice about the best way forward. Thank you.

Rides
    Add your location as this would help point you in the right direction, if you have a photos of the issues it would help

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    £3K is an awful lot to fix anything that isnt the entire engine on a 200SX, as Paul says give us some more details and we will see if we can help.

These cars have increased in value considerably over the last few years, if you get the issues fixed she should see a decent price for it
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Welcome to the board, we'll need more information to be able to help but I agree with docrwa, if it's not a completely rusty car or something like that then it seems a lot of money.

We can help you

Rides
    Came for advice, registered, posted, never read the replies, never came back.

The internet is weird.

Rides
    Came for the advice, and stayed for the......oh hold on, she didn't stay! :-(