Thread: Advice needed haven't seen car for ages

Rides

Advice needed haven't seen car for ages

I paid a body shop to repair my S13, we agreed both rear sills and a most of respray. I paid the full cost of £2200 up front. They collected my car Aug 2021 and said it would take 6 to 8 weeks. I still haven't got it back or even seen it. Most of my calls get ignored and it takes ages for them to text me back. Dates keep getting arranged to collect the car but the body shop keeps re arranging or just conveniently being shut on the day I go to pick it up.
    How can I get my car back. Really missing it now

Rides
    Go round with some "heavies" get your money and your car, they're taking the piss!

Or speak to citizens advice

Rides
    I'm not that kind of person ha. I'll look into the second option

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    I'm not that kind of person ha. I'll look into the second option
    How come you paid the full job upfront? Did you get a receipt?

Have they even started the work yet

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Sorry to hear you're going through that.

In your shoes I would go down unannounced with a friend for some moral support and just stick your head in the door. If something was awry it would probably be the best way to catch them off guard.

I must say though, £2200 for replacement sills and most of a respray is extremely cheap.

Rides
    Go nuclear and report to the police, at the end of the day they have stolen your car if you’ve not seen it or be allowed to collect it.

Rides
    Is that not way over the top though?

Just go down unannounced, you're more likely to catch them off guard and if your car isn't there then you can start asking those kind of theft questions.

Rides
    I paid full amount upfront because I had the money there so thought I'd get it out the way. Haven't got a receipt but I have proof of payment. I have now received pics of underside of car and an apology but don't have a date to receive car back yet but I feel a little better about the situation. I'll give it a tiny bit longer and then worry again

Rides
    I paid full amount upfront because I had the money there so thought I'd get it out the way. Haven't got a receipt but I have proof of payment. I have now received pics of underside of car and an apology but don't have a date to receive car back yet but I feel a little better about the situation. I'll give it a tiny bit longer and then worry again
    This sounds more positive, fingers crossed it stays that way and you get your 13 back asap

Rides

Are you sure pics are of your car?

Rides
    Good news!

I finally got it back today. It was eventful, the clutch pedal stuck to the floor, we had to push it out and I drove it back to my work with no clutch, not far away. The fluid had gone old and black so bled fresh fluid through it. I replaced a broken rear drop link and did an MOT. It's been a long afternoon. The steering was quite notchy and tight, I think it was going that way when I dropped it off but now it's been stood for so long it's bad and it has the most horrendous steering wheel wobble at 55 mph and above. No play in anything. New tyres on. I'll rebalance them as the wheels have been refurbed but m money is on seized steering UJ, tried WD40 but not worked.

Glad to be back to dailying an S13

Rides
    Great news, hopefully you get the niggles sorted fairly easily!