Thread: Turboooos chu chu chu

Rides

Turboooos chu chu chu

I'm currently in a predicament about turbo choice. Originally thought about going g25 660, but now seeing there's not much difference between that and a 3071r. Has anyone experience with either and what sort of spool rpm are you getting? My setup will eventually be forged pistons and rods 9.0 compression, hks step 1 cams and tomei valve springs. That's the main parts, hopefully wanting to shoot for around the 450 mark but with the best response possible.
    If there's any other options out there that would suit this power level that I could also look into.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Rides
    I'd be surprised if there was 'not much difference' between the 25-660 and any variant of a 3071r. I guess if you're comparing to a small trim GTX-3071 it's going to be incremental, but to an early Gen1 3071r the difference would be, I'd expect, substantial in engine terms.

Where did you draw your comparisons?

Rides
    I'm just taking a guess in the park as they would both produce around the same sort of power I'm after but the g25 spooling sooner. Hence why I've asked for people's experiences with either to find out how different the spool times would be. If it was only a few hundred rpm I can deal with that. If its massively different then I'd rather spend the extra on the g series

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk