Thread: Car audio people

Rides

Car audio people

Anyone clued up or even got recommendations!

I'd like a new stereo for my s13 single din, able to play music easily from my phone preferably without a USB lead.

I'd also like some speakers bit only fronts, been looking at jbl

Obviously want good sound quality but don't want to spend shitloads!

Rides
    Been years since I messed about with car audio in any serious way....

But always found Alpine to be the best value for what quality they gave.

I can't comment on moder blu tooth stuff but have had many headunits in that past and all have been superb.

I always went with thier "type e" range as a direct replacement for factory speakers and was never disappointed. Obviously all needed a sub adding to the system to sound great, but for a factory finish they were great and cheap too.

Both my s13 and s14 I used type e standard size replacements in the rear locations and used type e components up front, factory size door speaker with an additional tweeter mounted in the a pillar.

Assuming they are still available

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post

I can't comment on moder blu tooth stuff but have had many headunits in that past and all have been superb.

I always went with thier "type e" range as a direct replacement for factory speakers and was never disappointed. Obviously all needed a sub adding to the system to sound great, but for a factory finish they were great and cheap too.

Both my s13 and s14 I used type e standard size replacements in the rear locations and used type e components up front, factory size door speaker with an additional tweeter mounted in the a pillar.

Been years too. I have a Pioneer Double DIN Carplay kit to install in to my Mum's car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post

There's an adapter for 16.5mm mids for the doors

Rides
    I know a few people who have bought a Pioneer SPH-10BT and say that it great. Also a big bonus that it doubles as a phone holder.
    There is also the SPH-20DAB version. Neither are mad money.

https://www.halfords.ie/technology/c...eo-413294.html

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Been years too. I have a Pioneer Double DIN Carplay kit to install in to my Mum's car
    I just put a Pioneer SPH-360 DAB into the Mrs car and it's a decent bit of kit. The various Connects2 adapter cables all worked fine, even got one to retain the stock Aux-in and USB socket.

Wireless car play as well, which is very convenient and bang up to date.

Rides
    Pioneer, Alpine. You can't go wrong. Kenwood Amps were supposed to be good, but I went with Rockford Fosgate and JL Audio eventually. Still have an 800W Monoblock JL Audio if anyone is interested. £100 collection

Rides
    I have a Pioneer BT CD Player available. Free to collect

Single DIN

Rides

Car audio people

What are you guys using for DAB aerials? I’ve the usual glass mount type stuck to the sunroof, it’s bolted in and doesn’t move Signal seems to a bit hit and miss so wondering if there’s a better option without going to external mount type?

On the head units, I used an Alpine for over 10 years until it lost one of the channels. I bought a new Alpine but tbh found it too confusing to use so replaced it with a Pioneer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Drifter; 26-02-2023 at 11:49.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    What are you guys using for DAB aerials? I’ve the usual glass mount type stuck to the sunroof, it’s bolted in and doesn’t move Signal seems to a bit hit and miss so wondering if there’s a better option without going to external mount type?

On the head units, I used an Alpine for over 10 years until it lost one of the channels. I bought a new Alpine but tbh found it too confusing to use so replaced it with a Pioneer.

Don't use DAB now, iPhone and Internet

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post

The glass mounted ones have a signal amplifier built in usually, have you checked that your headunit is sending power to the antenna?

Rides
    Yeah it’s all working, I think it’s just because I live in the arse end of nowhere Similar issues with internet access as well.