Thread: S14a immobolised/not starting

Rides

S14a immobolised/not starting

Hi All,

Woke up on Christmas day to my car not starting- no lights on the dashboard, engine does not attempt to turn over, NATs light stays flashing.

First I charged the battery (should not be flat, car was sat for less than 1 day) and tried to jump start from another car- no luck.

Central locking works (drivers side lock shuts passenger side too) but I do not use the fob generally (it ran out of battery and I did not have easy access to the master fob at the time).

I grabbed the master fob and two new fob batterys to try the resync the learned fob or turn off the immobiliser- no luck.

The fobs will go into resync mode (by holding down the red or both buttons) but after that nothing- it's as if the fobs are not speaking to the NATS system?

I also tried:

'Place your key in the ignition and switch from the LOCK position to the ON position 6 times within 10 seconds ending with the key in the LOCK position. If done correctly the indicators should flash 2 times.'

The indicators do not flash after trying this.

I have tried checking the fuses (under the bonnet and drivers footwell)- nothing is obviously blown, I will have a thorough check tomorrow.

Malfunction indicator lamp does not blink.

Is it possible my NATS antenna amp. has gone? Has anyone dealt with theses symptoms?

At my wits end Any help would be much appreciated.

Rides
    I have no direct advice, just an open ended question- Is the NATS and immobiliser connected? The reason I ask is that I could not unlock/ disarm my car with the fob one day, so I opened it with the key. And as expected, the alarm siren and indicators were going mad. I started the car as normal, and drove home 40min with the alarm going.

Do you have all the normal lights on the dash when you turn on the ignition?

Rides
    Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

No lights on the dash when I turn on the ignition. Opening the car with the key doesn't set my alarm off either.

Rides
    Even with an immobiliser activated, I would expect dashboard lights on. Check your main fuse. From memory it's a big 50A one. It is bolted in, so you can't just pull it out. (I know this as I blew mine, and was pulling on it like a mofo, and my handslipped off and punched myself in the nose! :-) )

Rides
    Thanks for the pointer mate I'll check that when I get a chance. I'll try not to punch myself in the nose too

Rides
    An update for any lurkers.

Rides
    Tyre rubbed through the loom?

Rides
    Yep, I've raised the suspension twice but it was really low at some point.

Rides
    Good find!