Thread: TVT Thunder

Rides

TVT Thunder

Last week the TVR club arranged a drive around the Cooley Penisula with stunning views of the Morne Mountains. It was a great turn out from North and South, a good day out and some good food. A great way to spend a Sunday and with some stunning cars, and a tuneful rumble in the air.

Cooley Penisula

Last edited by markcro; 27-09-2022 at 18:23. Reason: High on patato juice

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Looks like a properly good day out
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I bet they sounded epic in convoy

I'm trying to work out what the white car in the second to last pic is. Is it a Fiat 124 spider that has been stretched by the wide angle lens or something ?

Anyway, how are you enjoying the V8S ? Got used to the closeness of the gate yet ? (I was forever finding 1st for 3rd for 5th and vice versa).

Also, it that an S3 with you ? With the 2.9 Cologne engine ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I bet they sounded epic in convoy

I'm trying to work out what the white car in the second to last pic is. Is it a Fiat 124 spider that has been stretched by the wide angle lens or something ?

Anyway, how are you enjoying the V8S ? Got used to the closeness of the gate yet ? (I was forever finding 1st for 3rd for 5th and vice versa).

Also, it that an S3 with you ? With the 2.9 Cologne engine ?
    Yes there was a lovely noise in convoy. A class day out.
    Yes that is a white Fiat 124. As you noticed, the wide angle lens has stretched it a bit. Lovely car in itself. I think it looks better than the MX5.

I love the rawness of the TVR, it's alive. Alot like my Triumph, except with actual real go and actual brakes. :-) I am used to the gearbox now. In fact I do miss 3rd gear in my SX now due to it. :-0 It's definitely a man's gearbox, very short throw, but requiring a bit of muscle. At the start I was pulling off in 3rd gear rather than 1st!
    That is indeed an S3c, with the 2.9 V6. The Ford box in that is much slicker than the Rover box, but alot longer throw.
    Last edited by markcro; 28-09-2022 at 18:23.