Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fibre S14 Kouki

Rides

Carbon Fibre S14 Kouki

Hi all, aside from the common carbon parts available for these cars such as bonnet, boot, door cards etc., does anyone know where I can source or have made interior parts such as the center console and dash and possibly exterior parts such as the front bumper/splitter/wings etc.?

Seeing a lot of this about on other cars but seems quite limited in options for the S-chassis

Thanks

Rides
    Wingfield Brothers - mega money but lovely stuff
    SRB Power - Pretty good value for money
    Grams Styling - Cheap and cheerful
    EP Racing - Questionable fitment and quality
    Tegiwa and Torquen have/can get some bits and bobs

Rides
    Are you asking about whether or not you can have interior and exterior parts made in carbon, because there are very few places that do those parts in carbon these days other than stuff from AliExpress.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Wingfield Brothers - mega money but lovely stuff
    SRB Power - Pretty good value for money
    Grams Styling - Cheap and cheerful
    EP Racing - Questionable fitment and quality
    Tegiwa and Torquen have/can get some bits and bobs
    Perfect, will take a look!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Are you asking about whether or not you can have interior and exterior parts made in carbon, because there are very few places that do those parts in carbon these days other than stuff from AliExpress.
    yeah, looking for something a bit special like you see at some of the shows, R35s have some mad carbon parts available for instance but like you say hard to come by especially for our cars

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sr20det1 View Post
    yeah, looking for something a bit special like you see at some of the shows, R35s have some mad carbon parts available for instance but like you say hard to come by especially for our cars
    Our market is not service as well as that.

Wingfield brothers will sell you doorcards and centre trims for mega money, but their work is exquisite.

We have plenty of hoods offered to us from eBay but better from DMAX, Chargespeed and Seibon.

China eBay has Front fenders in carbon but expect them to be dog sh1t.

Grams make a carbon over fender but again, I would expect it to be weak in terms of quality.

Garage Defend used to make Carbon cooling panels.

And for a while, a few companies made carbon replacements for the centre trim but they always fitted like sh1te.

Rides
    https://www.srbpower.com/styling/#/d...name=match_and

Srb currently have these for sale. Dan is approachable enough and has organised group buys for the club before

Rides
    Apologies, must have forgotten to respond to this, very helpful information, have been in touch with Wingfield, gorgeous stuff but expensive as mentioned
    Where is the best place to buy seibon? the manufacturer website doesnt seem to have a way to order, I guess its trade only?

Rides
    Does anyone know if these will both fit a last 6 months of production (year 2000) UK Kouki Silvia S14a?

http://seiboncarbon.co.uk/products/t...san-240sx.html
    http://seiboncarbon.co.uk/oem-style-...san-240sx.html

Cheers

Rides
    Yes, they will. But you'll pay a kings ransom in shipping, plus duties, plus VAT.

If you know a good bodyshop I have a Seibon DV that needs lots of work following an accident that can be rescued. It is going very cheap.

Rides
    Yes, they will. But you'll pay a kings ransom in shipping, plus duties, plus VAT.

If you know a good bodyshop I have a Seibon DV that needs lots of work following an accident that can be rescued. It is going very cheap.
    Yeah i know none of this stuff is cheap eh!
    I contacted Wingfield (you put me on to them in the earlier post) to enquire about a carbon kouki spoiler made up, as you said they are gorgeous items but so expensive to us as they have to make up the molds being as they are one offs, so we have to pay for both the mold and the item!

Rides
    Amber Performance are the UK distributor for Seibon. Find them and see if they have them in stock. It will be cheaper, but brace yourself regardless.

Everything went up in the last few years.

Rides
    Amber Performance are the UK distributor for Seibon. Find them and see if they have them in stock. It will be cheaper, but brace yourself regardless.

Everything went up in the last few years.
    Yeah its them I have been dealing with, just put in an order and you are not kidding about bracing myself!
    Listen mate thanks for all your help with this, really appreciate all of your input here

Rides
    You're very welcome, glad to be a help.

Rides
    Quick update on the Carbon Fibre S14 Kouki build, Seibon hood and boot lid arrived super quick, only took about 2 weeks from the US, I think we were lucky, havent mounted them yet but they look really good and well made

Next job purchase some cheap fibre glass wings to use for the carbon fibre wing molds Wingfield are going to make for us, have my eye on these? https://www.srbpower.com/products/sr...t-fenders.html

The fitment has got to be good as these are what the molds will be made from, anyone know if they are any good?

Rides
    Wait what, you've got the Wingfield brothers to build wings? How much are those going to be. They will be popular.

Rides
    Wait what, you've got the Wingfield brothers to build wings? How much are those going to be. They will be popular.
    Yup!, and they are also going to build the Kouki rear spoiler for us too (I already have an unused fibre glass rear spoiler they will use for the molds)

Its literally going to cost a small fortune with the cost of the molds more than the actual cost of the parts and we will never use them again unless anyone wants them to create their own parts

(do you have any experience with those SRB wings? would you happen to know what the fitment is like?)

Rides
    The SRB are moulded from Chargespeed IIRC so they will be a good fitment.

I'd be interested in carbon front wings dude.

Rides
    The SRB are moulded from Chargespeed IIRC so they will be a good fitment.

I'd be interested in carbon front wings dude.
    Sent you a PM

Rides
    Pretty certain Grams Styling already produce wings and over fenders in carbon fibre.