Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carbon Fibre S14 Kouki

Rides
    Anyone know if these guys in Sydney Australia who supply carbon parts for our cars are legit/still in business? https://carbonetics.net/en-gb
    Just so hard to contact them, have had the odd mail but then nothing for weeks
    Cheers

Rides
    I've heard of them.

I've seen their demo car on social media.

I've never seen there stuff over here.

If you're not getting responses to your mails from a company on the other side of the world, I would suggest it's not wise to go forward with a purchase.

What are you looking for? The Wingfield brothers do plenty of things in Carbon for the S14.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I've heard of them.

I've seen their demo car on social media.

I've never seen there stuff over here.

If you're not getting responses to your mails from a company on the other side of the world, I would suggest it's not wise to go forward with a purchase.

What are you looking for? The Wingfield brothers do plenty of things in Carbon for the S14.
    Hi mate, thanks, yeah good advice I think, have spoken to Wingfield a few times, its the wings we're still after, remember we spoke on this before, its just so expensive as I would have to pay for the moulds as well as the final product

Rides
    Yeah for sure but honestly chap, go and lift your wing up in your hand, I think you'll be surprised how little there is to them.

There are cheaper ways to save weight.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Yeah for sure but honestly chap, go and lift your wing up in your hand, I think you'll be surprised how little there is to them.

There are cheaper ways to save weight.
    Hi mate yeah understood but its not weight savings we're really after! more for the looks!

Anyway have just spoken to Wingfield again and seems like they are shutting down! so now at a loss as to who can make these for us

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sr20det1 View Post
    Hi mate yeah understood but its not weight savings we're really after! more for the looks!

Anyway have just spoken to Wingfield again and seems like they are shutting down! so now at a loss as to who can make these for us
    Speak to these guys: https://gramsstyling.co.uk/ They can make you pretty much whatever you need/want. Might not be up to Wingfield standard but they aren't Wingfield money.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sr20det1 View Post

It's a real shame that they're stopping making bits, they did look sensational, that said I've never seen their bits IRL so maybe the market wasn't there.

If it's just for looks, why not hydrodip in Carbon look? I'd sooner have good fitting Carbon look-a-like than ill fitting knock off stuff from the likes of Grams, EP Racing, Aerokit etc.

Rides
    I think SRB Power can have parts made in Carbon fibre. Their stuff looks and fits well. I have their boot, wings and fenders and it's decent. Certainly better than the cheaper ebay stuff. No glass panel is perfect. My Seibon bonnet isn't great (has aged dreadfully) and the Bomex bodykit is shockingly poor, thin, weak and wavy. You do usually get what you pay for but not necessarily with GRP. Wingfield stuff looked top of the line but, like Ryan said, guessing the market wasn't there.

Rides
    Thanks guys for the suggestions, yeah have tried SRB, unfortunately they've also stopped making carbon parts now and only focus on FG
    Pretty sure I tried GRAMS in the past and they couldn't do it but will give them a shout again, can't do any harm
    Take your point Ryan about hydrodip but ideally wanted the real thing

Anyway will let you know how we get on