Thread: S13 underseal

Rides

S13 underseal

My S13 has been in a bodyshop for a year now. They've undersealed it with a stone chip that can apparently be painted body colour. I've been given the option of the normal black look or body colour which is burgundy red. What do you guys think I should go with. The car is completely standard with standard ride hight so inner arches can easily be seen. Would body colour be too much?

Rides
    Black, 100%.

Rides
    If its on the sills and visible when standing/crouching at the side of the car then burgundy. It will have an orange peel look that I don't like to see on sills, but... hey ho.

If its underbody (between the seams of the left and right sills) then black or dark grey.

Rides
    +1 for Black, or very dark grey.

Rides
    Yeah black. I would prefer the inner arches being black and not showing the dirt!

Rides
    IIRC, the standard arches on Ruby (my burgundy) were body coloured and the standard arches on Precious (my white one) were dark grey

Rides
    I'd bear in mind the ones that can be body coloured are the rubbery drying ones - once you've splashed a wax everywhere to try and give it every chance of surviving, I'm not sure the colour will be that much of an issue.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Thanks for the replies