Thread: Fixing abs unit

Rides

Fixing abs unit

The long question is. I have had the abs unit off the s14 for quite a few years and when I fitted it and tried to bleed the brakes I found the fluid doesn't flow through to the rear brakes. I've done a bit of research and was able to activate each of the three solenoid separately by applying 12v to the correct pins. It sounds like the rear solenoid isn't working. I've sent them off to ECUtesting.co.uk to have it fixed but they have sent it back as they can't even test it. The don't have the equipment for this abs unit.

The short question is. Does anyone know of somewhere that can fix an s14 abs unit??

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    tbh most people take it off then chuck it in the bin so it would probably be easier to just buy another one.

Rides
    That's what I've done, although I'm yet to diagnose exactly what the fault is. I know the speed sensors are okay as the RLTC is showing a good signal in the logger. Seems the solenoids are prone to failing which probably isn't helped by the location of my front pipe being quite close. I've got a Consult thing coming tomorrow, it was cheap enough to have a punt on getting a code out of the ABS ECU.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    tbh most people take it off then chuck it in the bin so it would probably be easier to just buy another one.
    I don't think it will pass mot with no abs unit. It's bound to show the abs light on the dash.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    That's what I've done, although I'm yet to diagnose exactly what the fault is. I know the speed sensors are okay as the RLTC is showing a good signal in the logger. Seems the solenoids are prone to failing which probably isn't helped by the location of my front pipe being quite close. I've got a Consult thing coming tomorrow, it was cheap enough to have a punt on getting a code out of the ABS ECU.
    I think mine needs stripped and rebuilt with new solenoids but I wouldn't know where to start and I can't find anywhere that will do it. Most places won't even look at it.

Let me know how it goes with the consult.

Rides
    Will do, so far not very well as either the seller is a twat or Yodel have lost it…

If I find out it is the pump I’ll rip it apart and see what’s going on inside which might help. I’ve probably got 1 or 2 pumps in the shed as well, but they’re both quite old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhillen View Post
    I don't think it will pass mot with no abs unit. It's bound to show the abs light on the dash.

To pass an mot it will need to have no signs of an abs system (can't test it or fail it if it's not there). For the dash light, just pull the bulb.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk