Thread: J455uuj

Rides

J455uuj

Looking to assess the value of a 1 owner from new 200sx for a retired couple
    Mileage 95k only done 6k since 2005.
    Check mot history for all details.
    I'll have photos in a couple of weeks. Just don't want them to get ripped off. It's unmolested and original, no mods.
    Any guidance more than appreciated. Thanks

Rides
    Totally depends on condition. If it's rotting to bits and everything needs replacing, you are probably looking at 2-4k. If its rust free and wants for nothing, then probably 10k+. If you can get some pictures of the underneath, sills, boot, engine bay etc it will give a better idea of condition

Rides
    Thank you, will definitely get as many photos of those areas for people to view.

Rides
    as above, its all down to condition. these cars like to rust so a structurally sound bodyshell commands a high price.

Rides
    Mot checker
    Expiry date
    4 May 2023
    Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):
    Nearside Track rod end ball joint dust cover damaged or deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (i))
    Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
    Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive outer sill (5.3.6 (a) (i))
    Nearside Front Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
    Offside Front Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
    Nearside Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
    Offside Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

Date tested
    5 May 2022
    FAIL
    View test certificate
    Mileage
    94,635 miles
    MOT test number
    8589 1998 6988
    Test location
    View test location
    Repair immediately (major defects):
    Offside Headlamp not working on main beam (4.1.1 (a) (ii))
    Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):
    Nearside Track rod end ball joint dust cover damaged or deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (i))
    Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
    Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive outer sill (5.3.6 (a) (i))
    Nearside Front Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
    Offside Front Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
    Nearside Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
    Offside Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

Date tested
    29 April 2021
    PASS
    View test certificate
    Mileage
    94,606 miles
    MOT test number
    8749 3927 4393
    Test location
    View test location
    Expiry date
    28 April 2022

Rides
    That sounds pretty promising, Paul... for an S13 with 100k on the clock

Looking forward to pictures.

Also, whereabouts in the country is it ? Just roughly.

Rides
    I'll be viewing the car tomorrow all being well, so photos to follow and and idea on what the owner is looking at price wise...

Rides
    Shropshire

Rides
    This is my own opinion as an enthusiast.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tg8LG66bb6KNB86z5

The car is one owner, in genuine one now mature, owner condition. All panels are absolutely all straight and have not been damaged or repaired. Paintwork is again original in the main with only some panels getting a blow over due to light scratches.

Engine bay all looks very good apart from a rusty bumper support bar, but it's a minor thing. Engine sound really nice and sweet, purrs on the viscous fan.

Interior is in good condition, unmolested. A good valet would reveal its 90s credentials. Steering stalks are showing signs of fade due to the sun, but again can be revived with a back to black restorer.

Underneath the car it's very solid. The only bit of welding has been a small patch on the osr inner arch, see pic. There is some bubbling on the same osr sill, that could be required fairly easily. I'd say about an 8" repair is needed.

Rear hatch is commensurate with age and has suffered some light corrosion that has been treated with kurust in the past to keep the rust at bay. It's typical of the design as people are aware. Still has the original foam spoiler.

Rear wheel well is in good condition. The car had a tow bar fitted in it's early years to pull a small trailer. The strengthening plates fitted show surface rust in the hatch area. Tow bar has long since gone.

Car was on private plates for most of its life, but original plates now fitted again. Hence no dealer mark on the plates.

To summise, it's not been knocked about or ragged. It's a straight car down to the original wheels and rims. With little work paint could be buffed and polished and bring it back to near original condition. The mot advisories rectified will give you a reliable daily if that's what you want.

Owners can be contacted via email in the first instance. Please contact Alan at a.g.fallows@gmail.com

Car is based in Shrewsbury and viewing is strictly by appointment. Owners do not need people contacting them trying to get a bargain or knock down price. They are not desperate to sell. Genuine enquires are most welcome.

Photos are via the link on a Google shared drive.

Thanks.

Rides
    Any idea on a price? Or just here to get a valuation at 1st

Rides
    Kudos to the owner, they have done well to keep it that clean. Would be nice to see an enthusiast restore it. By sounds of the advert I would imagine thats out of my price range. Shame I would love pop up lights back in my life. Good luck with the sale.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFIA View Post
    Kudos to the owner, they have done well to keep it that clean. Would be nice to see an enthusiast restore it. By sounds of the advert I would imagine thats out of my price range. Shame I would love pop up lights back in my life. Good luck with the sale.
    Price negotiable
    The gentleman has seen another one in stoke on Trent at around £13k so is looking into the same price bracket. Maybe that seller is in this group.

Rides
    If he wants about 13k put it on eBay
    Nothing is selling atm and I can say that with my brother dealing in 200s a lot
    If the owner has seen one at 13k has it sold and was the condition the same ?
    People might be asking crazy prices but there still in the same place months later

If he’s open to a genuine offer on it my brother said he will make him an offer
    He’s just bought a standard manual s13 with 60k underside in great condition also for a cracking price

Thanks j

Rides
    Carl, You asked for a valuation so here is my opinion. Its only opinion and I have absolutely no vested interest as I don't currently own one and probably won't ever again but I've had 4 s13s and 1 s14a. One s13 I had for over 20 years.

Based on the pictures, there is quite a bit of work required to get that car to a decent condition. By decent condition, I mean one that you could confidently put through an MOT for the next three years.

Anyone buying it would need to put around 3k aside for parts, paint, metal and welding wire plus have a lot of spare time on their hands to get it to show condition.

13k does NOT seem to me to be a reasonable price to pay for an s13 in this condition. If someone could get it for 8k in today's market, they still wouldn't be getting a bargain IMO.

Its in worse condition currently than any of the 200s I have owned.

Rides
    I'd have thought that's got to be around the £10k mark. £13k might be a little optimistic. It's undoubtedly a nice car but does require some TLC. Hopefully it goes to an enthusiast and gets the pampering it deserves. GLWTS.

Rides
    The reason I said 8 rather than 10 is that the bubbling to the outer sills suggests that the inner sills and floorpan seams will also need metal letting in as will the rear arches both inside and outside. Paint is going to be required to the sills and rear quarter after welding and its not easy to flash in on the rear quarters. The rust in the bootlid is going to be more serious than it looks on the surface and spoilers are nigh on impossible to fix or source new. When they were available from nissan, they were £500 in primer and required painting with a flexible rubber paint. If you fit a new one, they are going to suffer the same fate as the originals as the foam is bonded to bare metal using a corrosive adhesive

Its why so few still have their spoiler but they are not original without :shrug:

Rides
    With the Reverend JW on this one. It's a nice car but it's very much a project, a potential bottomless (literally) welding money pit and requires someone with a fair bit of determination to bring it back from the 'brink' - which sounds dramatic but I don't mean it to be, but what I mean is it's not going to get any better on its own.