Thread: Non NHS proof of recovery certs...

Rides

Non NHS proof of recovery certs...

Afternoon knowledgeable people.....

Back in April I had covid, was rough for a few days and did the LFT tests and reported 10 positive and 2 negative on the NHS website for work...

At the time it said there was no need for a PCR test, take it as you have covid and when it's negative its done.. .

Fast forward a few months and I've booked a trip to Amsterdam on eurostar for a few mates 40ths..

Whe I read the bumpf on last minute. Com all it said was proof of recovery required, me been daft read this as I've got a load of tests recorded, should be OK.... turns out they won't issue a cert without a PCR, which so far as I could see I couldn't book anyway at the time.

Does anyone know if flashing the website with these test results is enough? Or can recommend a third party to get one from?

I believe I will have to take a pcr anyway to pass through France 48hrs before departure, and most EU info sites seem to suggest this should be enough to gain entry to member states?

So far as I can tell it just seems to be a racquet to make money from the unvaccinated, as it makes no odds for your vac status if travelling within the EU, no tests or questions asked.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    All you need to do use the nhs pass that proves your vaccinated

Rides
    If I was.......

Rides
    Ah no idea in that case although when I went to France via Geneva in March this year no one checked my covid status at the boarders

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Proof of recovery certs come from doctors in my experience, only been with guys in the EU though.

However from looking at this: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements you cant get into Netherlands from the UK if youre not fully vaccinated ........
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    So reading Doc's link and the onwards reading to the Dutch government website gave this:

Quote Originally Posted by government.nl
    People who have recovered from coronavirus and obtained an EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) can use it to enter the Netherlands. Other proof of recovery is not accepted.
    The UK is in that scheme and that scheme can show you that someone has been vaccinated against COVID-19, received a negative test result or recovered from COVID-19.

We display that through the NHS Covid App. But all the information I can find on that is contingent on being vaccinated. Might be best to call 119 and ask what the crack is. Or get vaccinated if you can.

Rides
    Checked on eurostar when printing tickets....

Says that I only need proof of recovery for the dam, so ended up staffing £50 with "zoomdoc" for a cert... they list the Netherlands as accepting thier offering.

Apparently private companies can register on some EU approved scheme to issue docs.

Found a couple of sites which have said the current EU systems are only until 01 July, then will need to be renewed or scrapped, don't know how accurate they are, but could be totally free by the 15th when we leave anyway.

On the Netherlands info website it lists proof of recovery in thier exemptions for access, so hope its all good..... either way it's been paid for, so going have at least turn up and try.

Worst case I get a very expensive day out in London

Last edited by DLowe; 21-06-2022 at 22:24.

Rides
    How come you didn't get vaccinated? Allergic/Medical reaction?

Rides
    Without wanting to take a massive tangent....

I was hanging on for a bit see what people's reactions were, as there was a lot money floating round and I know from the electricity industry, as soon as moneys involved a lot of safety and testing goes out the window....

Then 2 good friends have both died, probably coincidentally, but both from blood clots around 4 weeks after having thier first dose... one unhealthy as myself, the other an ex army nutter who goes running everyday.

Then I had the covid and to be honest it was pretty bad, but only 3 days worth and the vaccine now seems to be a waste for myself.

And the one that keeps going round.... it won't stop me getting it, or passing it on.... just makes it less worse for myself, which I've already had so......

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    And the one that keeps going round.... it won't stop me getting it, or passing it on.... just makes it less worse for myself, which I've already had so......
    It very much reduces the chance of getting it and passing it on as well as reducing the effects if you do get it, I know people who have had it 3 times now too.
    Totally your choice whether to take it or not but you cant claim its doesnt do what it does
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Without wanting to take a massive tangent....
    It doesn't stop you getting it no, but it really reduces your chances of getting it. I can understand the reluctance in your position but you've been very unlucky to know two people affected like that, assuming it was from the vaccine.

Rides
    It quite probably wasn't from the vaccine, just a coincidence

I have no doubt they do good and am in no way anti-vax, I just went with the idea that there are people who really need it more than me, let them go first..... then both mates checked out, so that put a bit of doubt there and then I got it anyway so bit pointless shutting the door after the horse has bolted so just haven't bothered.

As daft as it is now, in my workplace and people who I know, almost everyone has caught it at some point and the fully vaccinated people seem to have had the worst symptoms. Each to thier own, but I'm not inclined to take it now having seen what happened to myself and how bad fully pumped people are.

It's just a ball ache for situations like the above.... especially the euro double standards..

If your travelling within the EU, no tests or proof of anything required at all now, vaccinated or not... if coming from outside the EU every country has a different policy and it doesn't seem to be COVID driving any of it, more so the tourism. In or out or whatever surely there should be an "EU" standard for all countries involved.

Rides
    In or out or whatever surely there should be an "EU" standard for all countries involved.
    Even if there was we arent part of the EU anymore. Go Brexit!

FWIW Spain is the only EU country I know of where you still need vaccine/proof of recovery restrictions, you might find Netherlands has lifted theirs by the time you travel as well. Good luck

Rides
    Question answered....

Was checked, and was fine with zoomdoc....

Currently sitting in departure lounge enjoying a can of hieneken awaiting the 08:16 to the land of Melon twisting